Switch Elementalist and Mesmer HP pools

kryptochan.4072

Elementalist should have medium HP and Mesmers the lowest for cloth wears. I have never understood why Mesmer had medium HP as of the cloth wearers they are the most "rogue" like. It would take what? A few lines of code to do? A simple fix to help a underperforming class and one that is a bit "overtuned".

Before the "haterade" starts, I have 19 level 80's, 2 of each class (3 Thieves), and truth be told of the classes I have bothered to kit fully ascended one of them is Mesmer.

Honestly, on a skilled Mesmer it would probably not change much save adding a slight bit more excitement for the "danger" factor. There still plenty of tools left in the bag for survival. And an added bonus, when folks complain about Mesmer you can now say "Dude, Mesmer's have one of the lowest HP in the game". However, the HP boost on an Ele would be greatly appreciated, especially for my kind of builds that tend to be more in your face.

Thoughts? Opinion?

I would be fine with such a change.

A mesmer built for durability, has insane amounts of supportive boons, and it's probably one of the very few classes with which I can handle going melee range against a legendary bandit executioner.

Granted, while levelling up I had a much harder time with mesmer than elementalist (mainly because elementalist could use glyph of elementals to deal with the pressure), so such a change may be felt for levelling mesmers the most.

I don't think higher HP is the solution to survivability. I run full berserk stats as a backline weaver and I barely notice the difference. Although I am not against higher HP but there are most likely better solutions.

Thieves, Guards, Mesmers and Rangers, all of them have better mechanics than 4 attunements. A thief is as squishy as an ele except they have stealth and initiative; a powerful buff and spammable high damage. Firebrands and even DH can survive under siege more than a full minstrel Tempest because they have got better mechanics to deal with their squishiness. Mesmers got all their stuff running around, and Rangers are somehow the same wit high range and something to tank for them and act as a 1.5v1 in most situations. What about ele? literally none of the above, we have no blocks, no reflections, no boon spam, no strong buffs (compare Auras to other buffs and it's quite laughable, even other classes have better fields to blast than ele) and so on and so forth.

You can increase ele's HP then most ele's would drop down Marauder or still stay the same for more HP. In a 1v1 situation, I don't see this solving much because we're not a warrior that has everything proc'ing here and there given how their HP is so high so it can take long enough to proc most passives. If ele got higher HP, we would still rely on healing power and still do no damage, we will be one more hit away from death and that's it because we have no passive procs or strong boons/mechanics to deal with the current state of the game.

I am totally fine with buffing the HP but it won't solve much, bring down all classes to 11k HP and most of them except Necro maybe, would be able to perform better than ele without investing much in stats and trait lines as we do.

@lLobo.7960 said:No.

Ele is the high risk/reward class.Give ele more reward, not less risk.

If you are having problems with your survivability get more tank gear or tank traits

And Mesmer is mid risk / reward class? You would think classes with stealth or times of high evasion would be more of a high risk/ reward class.

Any way what reward dose ele get for its high risk that other classes dont pull off some times far better.

@kryptochan.4072 said:[...]Thoughts? Opinion?

Sooo.... does that mean Guardians need Stealth? :p

In other words: The access to stealth is no sole indicitator for the amount of health needed. You could turn this argument into the opposite direction and contemplate wether Thief has enough access to heals and self-sustain. Because thats what Guardians and Elementalists are balanced around and they happen to have the same health tier.

First, it's always bad to make someone else feel bad because you're not in a good place. Mesmers neither got stealth as accessible as Thieves nor do they have sufficient capabilities to recover from substantial hits - like Guardians and Elementalists - unless we're talking about stealth-resets. Second, and I'm with Auburner on this one, some more health won't solve the health related issues Elementalists got. They need better and more meaningful utilities. And - this might be a controversial opinion - more traits like Fresh Air for my flexibility.

What I'm all for, though: Smaller differences between health tiers. Meaning, Warrior and Necromancer being brought down by x% and Elementalists and Thieves up by x%. But that's more from a PvP and equipment perspective rather than balancing one specific class.

Archived