Is it still worth gearing a Chrono for Fractals?

I know classes fall in and out of favor. I saw the discussion about Renegade and Firebrand possibly being better than Chrono. I'm not looking for what the best composition is. I usually pug fractals and I want to be able to switch to classes that are needed and can get the job done in sub-optimal conditions.

I don't know if this is still the case, (used to PUG fotms everyday) but it's pretty rare to find and FB+Rene healer/support combo and druid+chronos come dime-a-dozen. Renegade supports are like unicorns, and it's usually healer FBs that I encountered the most. A chrono can work with both - just adjust the utilities to focus on either quickness or alacrity. This complementary accomodation of chrono support, not to mention the skips they bring make them still worth it.

Be warned, though, that chron+rene may give little to no sustain if the renegade's built for damage and boon duration.

@"kasoki.5180" said:My "main" is a support firebrand, yet somehow i find myself doing fractals playing my chrono every day xD

LFG are still filled with "chrono+druid", nobody is really looking for firebrand+renegade composition.

That's not quite true, at least for runs including CM's.

I also notice FB+Rene comps filling a lot more quickly, which is why it may seem Chrono+Druid is more represented in LFG, as they sit around waiting for longer.

That said, I also actively avoid Chrono+Druid groups, as I find both sup FB + Alacrigade and Quickbrand + Support Renegade a lot more enjoyable, on top of being more effective, as well as never doing only T4's without CM's, where new and better comps take longer to catch on, so Chrono+Druid might be still the more common composition there, idk. I generally put CM in the LFG filter before looking at it.

Especially Reset CM+T4 speed runs are pretty much exclusively Ren+FB.

The situation might be different in NA though.

Diviner Ren and QB is definitely becoming a lot more popular, but I do think it will always be "worth" gearing a chrono...

Even if in this patch a ren/fb combo can put out higher group dps numbers--being able to get Q/A from the same source will always be desirable for sheer lfg convenience...

Balance patches come and go, but there will always be a cell waiting for you in chronojail.

At this moment we have mind-meta druid, bs, chrno, dps .. and not matter 2%, 5%, or 10% have another setup bonus. The meta wil not change nearest year's. Only very big changes, like new addon can breal it.At first - this is gw2, game for roleplay playes, and you can finish t4 mosty wiht any setup, ir people press prop buttons. So for most trip's u dont nedd any group composition. Sometimes 1 any heal is ok.

For cms+4 I have sup rene and chrno. And how I see rene have less flexsability for party requemets, but it is not problem.setup fb+rene is somethign like chrno heal(well's on ministel) + 4 scourges. Setup working, realy nice but don't have 'total people love'.

Also, and I say is without any sarcazm:the big thing is how we spell it - D R U I D. Best supp in many mmo! The heal Fire-Brand, on rene we ready not so healable. So if we have dudu - we need chrno. And answers Yes, chrono is cool

@Asum.4960 said:

@"kasoki.5180" said:My "main" is a support firebrand, yet somehow i find myself doing fractals playing my chrono every day xD

LFG are still filled with "chrono+druid", nobody is really looking for firebrand+renegade composition.

I also notice FB+Rene comps filling a lot more quickly, which is why it may seem Chrono+Druid is more represented in LFG, as they sit around waiting for longer.

That said, I also actively avoid Chrono+Druid groups, as I find both sup FB + Alacrigade and Quickbrand + Support Renegade a lot more enjoyable, on top of being more effective, as well as never doing only T4's without CM's, where new and better comps take longer to catch on, so Chrono+Druid might be still the more common composition there, idk. I generally put CM in the LFG filter before looking at it.

I play on EU, and have rarely seen anyone explicitly LFG for rene+FB, thats especially for CMs. And I was one of those ppl that stood with my FB in LA and kept refreshing T4 search page. Now I'm curious, is it possible that it depends on the time of day?

@kasoki.5180 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:My "main" is a support firebrand, yet somehow i find myself doing fractals playing my chrono every day xD

I play on EU, and have rarely seen anyone explicitly LFG for rene+FB, thats especially for CMs. And I was one of those ppl that stood with my FB in LA and kept refreshing T4 search page. Now I'm curious, is it possible that it depends on the time of day?

Why do you even stand and wait? LFG LF DPS and off you go. FB alone can boon and heal, why you need anything else but dps for fractals?Wait for 20 minutes on crono to skip 1.5 minutes in runs? Never did neither going to.

@Odinsfury.8360 said:I know classes fall in and out of favor. I saw the discussion about Renegade and Firebrand possibly being better than Chrono. I'm not looking for what the best composition is. I usually pug fractals and I want to be able to switch to classes that are needed and can get the job done in sub-optimal conditions.

Stop looking for what needed for fractals, you want to play crono? play crono.and if you need advise, here is one : stay away from show off LFG that require specific classes.Know your class, use pots, use foods and have fun.

@kasoki.5180 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:My "main" is a support firebrand, yet somehow i find myself doing fractals playing my chrono every day xD

In NA I pretty much see specifically LFG's for druid+chrono and none for rene/fb.

The thing is, druid offers less offensive synergy but more prot uptime and most pugs know they want to facetank crap so they'd rather take the druid even at the cost of offense.

@phs.6089 said:Why do you even stand and wait? LFG LF DPS and off you go. FB alone can boon and heal, why you need anything else but dps for fractals?Wait for 20 minutes on crono to skip 1.5 minutes in runs? Never did neither going to.

Because starting your own group takes longer time than joining already existing one. Don't know where did this idea of 20 minutes waiting for a chrono come out, but grps that are looking for chronos usually find them fast because there is abundance of them on the market atm

And that wasn't even the point of my post. My point was that there is abundance of chrono+druid in LFG as opposed to rene+fb. which makes it easier to find groups as chrono compared to some other professions

@Odinsfury.8360 said:I saw the discussion about Renegade and Firebrand possibly being better than Chrono. I'm not looking for what the best composition is.:smile: You can run with anything as long as its viable and always good to have more class options to be ready at all times. Chrono+FB can easily stack boons 1min+ (cept alacrity) etc.

As phs.6089 said above, start your own LFG and if you're going to be picky, you might need to wait for a while. It's important to know what you joined imo, if it requires a specific(class, food, pot etc) to avoid conflict. In my exp, no setup is fool proof :lol:.

Know your class, use pots, use foods and have fun.This :+1:.

Archived