Norn transformations.. Do you use them?

Saimeren.4952

Hey, so.. Norn have these awesome racial transformations into Were-creatures, and I think it's an awesome flare added to the game that makes the race feel that much more in touch with the north, the animal spirits, and the land.

That being said. I currently have 3 Norn; all L80; and I don't use the transformations on any of them.

On my Mesmer/Chronomancer I use Gravity Well. On my Guardian I use Signet of Courage, and on my Necromancer/Reaper I'll use either the Flesh Golem or Plaguelands depending on my current build.

I just can't find a use for the transformations when the other elite skills are just too useful in too many situations; all with significantly lower cool downs.

So I ask; do you use the Norn transformation abilities? If so, which one do you use and what circumstances would you use them in?

Snow Leopard is a really good racial skill.

• It's stealth skill has a long duration on a short recharge.
  • it has 2 gap closers.
  • you can move while auto attacking unlike the other forms.
  • it does ok damage and will automatically cap out your crit chance at 100%.

The only classes I have ever really tried it out on are warrior and necromancer in wvw. Warrior elite skills are kind of meh and necromancer lacks good escape. But the game has changed so much that now I haven't even touched snow leopard in so long. If I picked up warrior again it might be on my radar. Chronomancer would be an ok choice for it because of continuum split but gravity well is pretty good already and Mesmer has natural access to stealth.

@Justine.6351 said:Snow Leopard is a really good racial skill.

• It's stealth skill has a long duration on a short recharge.
  • it has 2 gap closers.
  • you can move while auto attacking unlike the other forms.
  • it does ok damage and will automatically cap out your crit chance at 100%.

The only classes I have ever really tried it out on are warrior and necromancer in wvw. Warrior elite skills are kind of meh and necromancer lacks good escape. But the game has changed so much that now I haven't even touched snow leopard in so long. If I picked up warrior again it might be on my radar. Chronomancer would be an ok choice for it because of continuum split but gravity well is pretty good already and Mesmer has natural access to stealth.You'll want want to use it on soulbeast and hit players for 30-50k damage from stealth instead though. Really meme build that no one use in practice but I dont think Anet ever fixed that lol.

The best norn elite is the "permanent" crow transform that you get in order to do a "heart" quest in the core game. ANet overvalue the norn transforms by giving them absurdly short uptime but globally it fit with their philosophy of not wanting to make race relevant. The current norn's transform skills are just flavor with only snow leopard seeing niche use.

All in all, you can only hope for a revenant elite spec that take on the norn's thematic and gain a great transform skill.

Archived