Do you need a regular BLK to use Golden Black Lion Keys?

@"kettering.6823" said:I got three of these from a regular chest and thought that meant I had 3 free keys, but when I click 'use' nothing happens, even with 3 chests in my inventory. Kind of lame if you need regular keys to use them. : (

"Unlocks a Black Lion Chest with a guaranteed uncommon or better item."

You shouldn't need anything more than a BL chest.In your shoes, if I encountered this, I'd move keys & chests to the bank. Then, I'd move just the chests to another character. Double click one of the chests to open the interface, then move the golden keys to inventory (you might have to move the panel so you can still see it). It should show the golden keys in the appropriate slot and the open button should be clickable.

If not, maybe you can take a screenshot and show us what it looks like and we can do some additional troubleshooting.

Should not affect it, but make sure you are in a PvE map, as well. Some things just don't work in PvP maps.Hmm...the API states you should work anywhere, and has no restrictions.

Make sure you weren't clicking 'Use' from the bank, as 'Use' doesn't work there. You should be able to just double-click the key from your inventory, rather than right-click it.

@kettering.6823 said:I got three of these from a regular chest and thought that meant I had 3 free keys, but when I click 'use' nothing happens, even with 3 chests in my inventory. Kind of lame if you need regular keys to use them. : (

The chest drops these? What a ripoff. I assume they re considered a rare item. This means that instead of receiving a rare item that is of value in-and-of itself, you just get a replacement key that you have to acquire another chest to use. That's a net loss already of the value of one chest. Then it only offers you an 'uncommon' or better reward, so you're trading a rare for possibly an uncommon - another net loss. This is really beyond the pale. I'd be pissed if I got one of those.

@Biff.5312 said:

@kettering.6823 said:I got three of these from a regular chest and thought that meant I had 3 free keys, but when I click 'use' nothing happens, even with 3 chests in my inventory. Kind of lame if you need regular keys to use them. : (

The chest drops these? What a ripoff. I assume they re considered a rare item. This means that instead of receiving a rare item that is of value in-and-of itself, you just get a replacement key that you have to acquire another chest to use. That's a net loss already of the value of one chest. Then it only offers you an 'uncommon' or better reward, so you're trading a rare for possibly an uncommon - another net loss. This is really beyond the pale. I'd be pissed if I got one of those.

You get 3 items, where an occassional 4th item.If you get a key drop, you still get 2 items and maybe a third item.After that, you can open anther chests with 3 or 4 items.

@Biff.5312 said:

They are prolly one of the best drops from the chests. You get 3 golden keys for 1 normal key, which all of them will contain a guranteed uncommon/rare/very rare item in 4th slot.

@Glider.5792 said:

They are prolly one of the best drops from the chests. You get 3 golden keys for 1 normal key, which all of them will contain a guranteed uncommon/rare/very rare item in 4th slot.

Oh - you get 3? That would be good then, sorry. I thought you got one per chest, which would be terrible.

Archived