Loading times Lounge Passes

The Lily of the Elon is a non-instanced part of the Crystal Oasis map, so it's loading the entire map and should take about the same time as any normal map. Which in my experience it does - I use it a lot and I've not noticed it loading any slower than any other map, but it isn't any faster either.

I've not tried them all, but I assume the quickest to load will be the ones with their own map, like the Mistlock Sanctuary and Armistice Bastion, and possibly the Lava Lounge since Ember Bay is a smaller map and maybe not as populated.

• 3 weeks later...

Having a lounge pass is supposed to offer convenience to the user. As is stands, the Lily of Elon Pass is not convenient at all because of the long loading times. If I had known this, I would not have purchased the deluxe version of the Path of Fire Expansion. If there was a way to trade this annoying pass for a less fancy but time efficient lounge (without having to pay for a brand new pass of course), I would do it in a heartbeat. I would even be willing to pay a couple hundred gems to just upgrade it. Please Anet, I don't need all the frou frou from Lily of Elon, I need a quick access lounge to do whatever needs to be done so I can get back to enjoying the game.

@Mighty Sorceress.2387 said:Having a lounge pass is supposed to offer convenience to the user. As is stands, the Lily of Elon Pass is not convenient at all because of the long loading times. If I had known this, I would not have purchased the deluxe version of the Path of Fire Expansion. If there was a way to trade this annoying pass for a less fancy but time efficient lounge (without having to pay for a brand new pass of course), I would do it in a heartbeat. I would even be willing to pay a couple hundred gems to just upgrade it. Please Anet, I don't need all the frou frou from Lily of Elon, I need a quick access lounge to do whatever needs to be done so I can get back to enjoying the game.

I'm not sure what your needs are in Lily of the Elon, but many of the offerings there can be found on other maps: PvP Lobby, WvW, Crafting stations in several Open World maps, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

ok i now selected Mistlock Sanctuary from a pass i got some month ago and its the same.20sec to load the map. thats the same time loading time of Lily of the Elon. Thats very disappointing.

For example. Loading Lions Archs takes 9sek. Divinity's Reach 6sek and so on.The only map that has such long loading times is Thunderhead Peaks with 16s.

But if we're talking about a difference of 11-14 seconds between a 'fast' and a 'slow' map and a total loading time of around 20 seconds...does it really matter? 20 seconds might be noticeably slower than 11 seconds, but is it enough to be a problem?

Maybe my perspective is different because my other MMO is much slower. When I'm playing that game I always keep my internet browser open so I can switch to that during loading screens because they take so long, but with GW2 I don't bother because it's not long enough to do anything else. Yes it's a wait, and ideally it wouldn't happen, but I don't feel like it's long enough to be a problem.

@Danikat.8537 said:But if we're talking about a difference of 11-14 seconds between a 'fast' and a 'slow' map and a total loading time of around 20 seconds...does it really matter? 20 seconds might be noticeably slower than 11 seconds, but is it enough to be a problem?

Maybe my perspective is different because my other MMO is much slower. When I'm playing that game I always keep my internet browser open so I can switch to that during loading screens because they take so long, but with GW2 I don't bother because it's not long enough to do anything else. Yes it's a wait, and ideally it wouldn't happen, but I don't feel like it's long enough to be a problem.

in my opinion yes.Some maps only take 4-5sek to load. i switch a load of characters. port a lot around and its annoying to wait 20sec ( with a SSD ) to enter the Lounge.