Thunderhead Peaks Iron Ore Nodes question...

Nor.2057

How does the thunderheas peak map area for farming iron ores work? (On the ledge of a cliff)

I noticed the full 8 nodes not always respawn after reset and sometimes when going back there with a character you already used to farm it, lets you farm again but only 3 or 4 nodes theand then the rest just dissapear to be clickable... ¯_<⊚∽⊚>_/¯

They seem to be set up as a node farm. The wiki page has more details but that is mostly what is responsible for the weird behavior. The weird behaviors is pretty typical for node farms. The reason that you are sometimes able to get 3 or 4 nodes is because the limit is set on it is higher than the number of nodes. You can achieve the same by switching instance as well. 1) mine one instance 2) switch instance and after a couple nodes all of them will disappear

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:To be honest though, there are so many iron ore nodes in the game as well as at least 2 rich nodes on relevant lower lvl maps, it's hardly worth your time farming those few nodes, all things considered.

I have to disagree. 24 iron ore per character per day is still a lot of iron ore for ANY iron farming path. And since you can get to the map for free with the portal scroll, and hit the farm with the griffon, it's just a few seconds to run all your characters through it. Stop and think about it. I have 8 level 80 characters on my main account right now. 8 * 24 = 192 iron ore. And if you only have 4 level 80's, that's still 96 ore. For an investment of maybe 3 minutes per toon. Compare that to the Gallow Fields in Brisban Wildlands - it's got one guaranteed rich iron node and 3-5 regular nodes. I average around 33-35 iron ore from there per toon, but I've gotten as low as 21. And for about the same time investment.

I agree with @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" thats why i go there also park like 4 characters there to go quick mystlock sanct so pretty cool but i was puzzled by the strange behavior but in the end seems to be benefitial according to @Khisanth.2948 since its limit is higher than it should although id prefer to refresh at reset...

@Nor.2057 said:I agree with @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" thats why i go there also park like 4 characters there to go quick mystlock sanct so pretty cool but i was puzzled by the strange behavior but in the end seems to be benefitial according to @Khisanth.2948 since its limit is higher than it should although id prefer to refresh at reset...

If it's for profit you could park a character at Tomb of the Primeval Kings. Similar profits but without the annoying reset behavior.

Archived