Need help getting Elegy and not getting spoiled

I really like the game's story, so I try to play all the chapters in order, but I REALLY want the elegy armor that you can get from the LW4 ep4. The only problem is I just got into PoF and don't want to spend any more gold/gems on 4 episodes (I'm new) and the time to reach that part at this moment. So my question is, could I theoretically buy the episode and follow a guide on how to get the elegy armor without getting the story spoiled? I would skip all the dialogues and cinematics and replay them at a later time when I have reached that point of progression.Thanks!

You're going to get lots of spoilers if you try to get into episode 4. The best advice I can offer is to wiki the armor sets and stack up the materials you are going to need to make the pieces you want, and then, when you get to episode 4, you can do the armor as quickly as possible. Look at it as a long-term goal like you would doing a legendary, that way you always have something you're working towards and not lose interest along the way.

If you bought the episode now, you could, theoretically, use a teleport to friend to gain access to the map without doing the story. However, I don't know if you can do the armor without doing at least part of the story. And you're going to get spoilers just being in the map, whether you do story or not.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:If you bought the episode now, you could, theoretically, use a teleport to friend to gain access to the map without doing the story. However, I don't know if you can do the armor without doing at least part of the story. And you're going to get spoilers just being in the map, whether you do story or not.

Episode 4 needs to be completed before you can start the collection for elegy

What you could do is get a friend to run through the episode for you. They would just need a way to tell you when you need to go back into the game to click "Accept progress".

@Khisanth.2948 said:Episode 4 needs to be completed before you can start the collection for elegy

What you could do is get a friend to run through the episode for you. They would just need a way to tell you when you need to go back into the game to click "Accept progress".

As in, he has to run the WHOLE episode for me? I can use tp to a friend to gain access to the map, and even have them do the first part to get me there normally, but I wouldn't ask them to spend 2 hours finishing the whole story for me...

@Neberius.6754 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Episode 4 needs to be completed before you can start the collection for elegy

As in, he has to run the WHOLE episode for me? I can use tp to a friend to gain access to the map, and even have them do the first part to get me there normally, but I wouldn't ask them to spend 2 hours finishing the whole story for me...

Yes. The entire episode needs to be finished before the collection can be started.

However, even if that would be done (not really feasible, though technically possible) the collection itself will be a spoiler as it, like everything else in the map, is predicated on vital events in the previous episodes.

In short - there is no realistic way to get the Elegy armor while avoiding spoilers for PoF and Season 4 episodes 1-4.

However, the story really doesn't take very long if you can play regularly, you'll probably get there faster than you think.You can also start saving up for the upgraded version, the Requiem set.Here's the stuff that can be gathered before getting to the map:100 Glob of Ectoplasm3728 Volatile Magic45 Watchwork Sprocket30 Pile of Crystalline Dust25 Superior Sigil of Nullification20 Amalgamated Gemstone2 Swim-Speed Infusion +10

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

Yes. The entire episode needs to be finished before the collection can be started.

However, even if that would be done (not really feasible, though technically possible) the collection
itself
will be a spoiler as it, like everything else in the map, is predicated on vital events in the previous episodes.

In short - there is no realistic way to get the Elegy armor while avoiding spoilers for PoF and Season 4 episodes 1-4.

However, the story really doesn't take very long if you can play regularly, you'll probably get there faster than you think.You can also start saving up for the upgraded version, the Requiem set.Here's the stuff that can be gathered before getting to the map:100 Glob of Ectoplasm3728 Volatile Magic45 Watchwork Sprocket30 Pile of Crystalline Dust25 Superior Sigil of Nullification20 Amalgamated Gemstone2 Swim-Speed Infusion +10

Those look like the materials needed for Requiem(part 2) not Elegy(part 1)

@Khisanth.2948 said:

However, even if that would be done (not really feasible, though technically possible) the collection
itself
will be a spoiler as it, like everything else in the map, is predicated on vital events in the previous episodes.

Those look like the materials needed for Requiem(part 2) not Elegy(part 1)

Yes, as I said - OP can start saving for the upgraded version as well, if that's interesting.

Archived