Repair after death inconsistent?

TheAgedGnome.7520

Hi, I'm one of those trailer trash PVE guys that was messing up your WvW to get my Warclaw. :) Well, since then, I found I kinda liked WvW as a change of pace, so I've been staying around to mess things up some more. Of course, I die a lot (yes, you can thank me for your XP). But I can't understand when/why I get the yellow damage indicator and need to repair my gear: sometimes it seems like I die over and over and don't need show damage, and other times it seems I need to repair after every death. Is there some rhyme or reason to this?

If you spawn at say keep, garrison, hills(air) or bay(fire) (waypoints that can change hands or are contestable) you are not auto repaired. If you spawn at your main waypoint (uncontestable) you are auto repaired.

Repairing anymore is pretty annoying really.

repair is always free now.. why worry about how and when it happens.

if you port to spawn you get instant repair and dont even have to worry about talking to the repair guy at all.

Outmanned you take no damage also... Falling deaths... you take no damage.

The ONLY time you take damage now is when you die to an enemy player or NPC... so why stress about it.. port to spawn.. port to keep or garri and get on with the fight

@trueanimus.4085 said:repair is always free now.. why worry about how and when it happens.

if you port to spawn you get instant repair and dont even have to worry about talking to the repair guy at all.

Outmanned you take no damage also... Falling deaths... you take no damage.

The ONLY time you take damage now is when you die to an enemy player or NPC... so why stress about it.. port to spawn.. port to keep or garri and get on with the fight

Thanks all!

Ok, I see there are indeed a lot of criteria involved. Now it makes sense.

Archived