Guild Wars 1 Armor and why it should be in the current game.

Alot of people who play guild wars 2 probably never played guild wars 1, But the armor in the original game was so much nicer than what we have now. Each fit thematically with the area and culture surrounding the armors origin many of which had unique sets and elite variants for travelers. While Guild wars 2 has little in common outside of Title and world as guild wars 1, the armor would be a nice throw back and could make tons of money as sets you introduce in the gemstore. (Cosmetics are literally half of this game, we all love em.) And I feel like alot of these armors should of been in the game at launch as cultural armor, as many of them were based around the culture of the races. Some were more based around factions of people, and others were simply there as rewards for challenging content. https://guildwars.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Armor_subpages <=== within this link are pages of all the guild wars 1 armors most of which would be amazing cosmetic additions to our armor pieces; Rather than outfits as Id like them to be inter-changeable with the current armor. Selling these in a revamped HD version within guild wars as cosmetics might encourage people to buy more as these would be throw backs to guild wars 1. Perhaps reserve some of them for expansion armors if you feel that we shouldn't have to buy what once we had. I personally would spend the ten or so dollars to buy the pieces I like, for the class's I play so that I could have some pieces fitting of whatever theme Im going for. It also would add to diversity in armor sets as many of the armor pieces we have do somewhat look the same, we have tons of Butt-capes and trench coats so adding many of these might not be a bad Idea. (If you notice it adds trench-coats as an option for light armor users as well, and spreads the love of that genre of clothing out more.) Corsets and other such pieces such as stalkings for us to use as well. (I guess the sexy transmog would get a boost to its pieces.) But it also adds armor with furs, bones, spikes, plate mail, chain mail and other various things that could make for beautiful transmog sets.

Another point Id like to bring up there are TONS of armor in guild wars 2 we can't use such as the havroun sets that norn shamans use, which I never understood why they weren't available to norn players. Or white mantle/Shining blade armor mimicking the original armor from the first game, a more knightly set with the full package cape included as for the most part only humans in the first game wore capes. Char armor thats more revealing to show off their markings and fur patterns, and don't require them to wear the clipping shoes that their toes just bust through.

The racial armor is ok, but I feel it should be expanded upon at the best case scenario as it has been said our race means nothing outside of the cosmetic side of it. So why not simply make unique armor for each of the races that is different based on your race; You've done it with outfits such as the wedding attire and chef outfit. So why not just try to implement that to armor pieces going forward? So that we can have a unique COSMETIC appearance compared to other races, so like charr could look less weird in what is clearly a human style of clothing and wear armor more fitting of their species. If this means we would only get two or three more sets per area/expansion then so be it, Id rather have High quality armor that is different based on my race (Really makes Alts feel good as well.) Than have a pluthra of armor that I know does not suite my characters race, feel or even personality... (Norn in most of the armor in game, alongside charr feel weird as alot of it is based around humans/sylvari/asuran.)

All I can say is, hire these armor designers back!! Wow! some amazing armors in GW1. I have the game, but never got very far in it, having played GW2 first, and not really diggin the movement and such. I would pay out the nose for some of these, or grind my little @$$ off if need be.

Archived