Ideas to balance warclaw

TheBravery.9615

@"TheBravery.9615" said:

1. Remove the warclaw's ability to benefit from stealth effects like gliding

this is incorrect. activate stealth gyro and jump off a cliff gliding. sure you will initially break stealth, but you regain it while still gliding.therefor gliding does not prevent stealth, it just breaks it on deploying a glider.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"TheBravery.9615" said:
  1. Remove the warclaw's ability to benefit from stealth effects like gliding

this is incorrect. activate stealth gyro and jump off a cliff gliding. sure you will initially break stealth, but you regain it while still gliding.therefor gliding does not prevent stealth, it just breaks it on deploying a glider.

ok I removed the 'like gliding' part for you.

@TheBravery.9615 said:

1. Make balista shots deal 50% more damage against mounted players and dismount them.
  2. Introduce a 3 second rooted cast to summon a warclaw.
  3. Introduce a new trap that dismounts players on warclaws
  4. Remove the warclaw's ability to benefit from stealth effects
  1. No, don't encourage ppl to use more siege.
  2. Not sure what would be the effect. It can be double edged blade.
  3. Yes plz
  4. Again yes plz

@spectrito.8513 said:Warclaw shouldnt have any hp at all.Any damage inflicted in a mounted player should be reduced from the player health.This way people who initiate a fight wont be punished for burning cooldowns just to dismount someone.

Mount is fine you are overreacting. Only people who were affected by mount were rangers 1shot sickem build or deadeyes who cant kill instantly from range now.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:Warclaw shouldnt have any hp at all.Any damage inflicted in a mounted player should be reduced from the player health.This way people who initiate a fight wont be punished for burning cooldowns just to dismount someone.

Mount is fine you are overreacting. Only people who were affected by mount were rangers 1shot sickem build or deadeyes who cant kill instantly from range now.

Mount is not fine atm, cuz it allows u to blindlesly run in front of u and occasionally press jump if enemy is trying to reach u. There should be more downsides to using it. Atm u can nerf warclaw a lot, before it will become less used

@XECOR.2814 said:

Really ? Only rangers and deadeyes? What about melee builds being kited and they cant do kitten about mounted players?I used to roam with hybrid sword/dagger weaver, i had to switch to glasscannon fresh air to at least have a chance to dismount people.Have you ever considered that sickem rangers are even more common now not just because people suddenly got more 11k health? or just because their warriors,sword weavers, revenants etc cant stop someone in a mount?Hell, i play with a ele with 14k hp on a staff zerg build and as FA scepter for roaming with 200 ping and i dont die instantly....

@TheBravery.9615 said:

1. Make balista shots deal 50% more damage against mounted players and dismount them.

1- I would Make balista have a 4th skill to gain pull warclaws slowly for 5-7sec.. xD or stuck players on that spot.12- Maybe increase warclaw armor but make warclaw 30% slower, atm looks like a ferrari to ktrain faster, maybe that actually what Anet wanted....3- Warclaw is useless for what Anet said what warclaw was about, support when near rams, like rawr fear target behind the gate that would also make players loose supply when repairing gates, chain pull needs to produce a kb at players rapairing gate....4 -Remove the instant down aoe lameness, as much i have been using i dont think its a good change to the game, felt like some crappy solution to anet to avoid improve the downsystem/rally, rally needs to be adressed or removed.. period.5- I would not request a dumb trap that's just developers being lazy.... i would actually like certain skills to affect the warclaw, like DH f1, DH Maw trap, jalis tount chain etc....6- BOONS cant be aplyed on warclaw as well nor effects :}

@XECOR.2814 said:I think u are at the same spot of knowled Anet has about what people are doing with the mount, they are clueless, it serves for everything besides what Anet stated warclaw would be.

P.S.. im not against mounts on WvW, its just how ANet deploys lammers content... to shut up players from talkign about balance.

I think they're absolutely fine as-is. I haven't had any trouble dismounting people even if I'm not mounted. You can't mount while 'in combat', so a delayed summon isn't needed. Everyone has access to mounts - doesn't take much time to get one, so it's an even playing field. I don't see a problem.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

That's actually one of the best mount suggestions I've heard thus far.

And is completely different from how they work in PvE.

That is how mounts work in WoW, and mounts were never an issue in battlegrounds (their version of instanced open world PvP) because while you got a speedboost riding them, you were vulnerable to attack and could get dismounted by a random crit.

The question remains: is ANET willing to have separate rules for how mounts work in PvE vs. WvW? If they are, then many of the suggestions here would be a good start. But if not, and ANET wants mounts to work the same way as in PvE: separate health pool, instant summon, etc, then most of the suggestions here are a wash.

The dismounting Trap idea is a good one, it allows people to create an ambush, but I just don't see it as a solution to any specific issue, but that's my opinion.

@Biff.5312 said:I think they're absolutely fine as-is. I haven't had any trouble dismounting people even if I'm not mounted. You can't mount while 'in combat', so a delayed summon isn't needed. Everyone has access to mounts - doesn't take much time to get one, so it's an even playing field. I don't see a problem.

Problem is, some classes have a really hard time to dismount people,specially melees.So people can avoid a camp from being flipped just by running in circles, rendering melee roamers useless to capture a camp.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

That is how mounts work in WoW, and mounts were never an issue in battlegrounds (their version of instanced open world PvP) because while you got a speedboost riding them, you were vulnerable to attack and could get dismounted by a random crit.

The question remains: is ANET willing to have separate rules for how mounts work in PvE vs. WvW? If they are, then many of the suggestions here would be a good start. But if not, and ANET wants mounts to work the same way as in PvE: separate health pool, instant summon, etc, then most of the suggestions here are a wash.

The dismounting Trap idea is a good one, it allows people to create an ambush, but I just don't see it as a solution to any specific issue, but that's my opinion.

Warclaw already operates differently from PvE, when you fall from a high enough cliff you die instantly

@spectrito.8513 said:

Warclaw already operates differently from PvE, when you fall from a high enough cliff you die instantly

Fair point.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Biff.5312 said:I think they're absolutely fine as-is. I haven't had any trouble dismounting people even if I'm not mounted. You can't mount while 'in combat', so a delayed summon isn't needed. Everyone has access to mounts - doesn't take much time to get one, so it's an even playing field. I don't see a problem.

Problem is, some classes have a really hard time to dismount people,specially melees.So people can avoid a camp from being flipped just by running in circles, rendering melee roamers useless to capture a camp.

Yup happened to me with a DH on mount just running behind buildings and kiting me (i was on a melee class). Basically contesting the camp until his friends arrived.

@misterman.1530 said:Make it so that while mounted, none of your passive traits can proc - whether they are part of your character traits or ones that are part of a sigil or rune.

This wouldn't help solve anything, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the traits part is already absent from a mounted player (Thieves w/Trickery are reduced to 12/15 initiative upon dismounting, and Daredevils are reduced to 2/3 bars of energy), but even so none of them are enough to make a difference.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

1- I would Make balista have a 4th skill to gain pull warclaws slowly for 5-7sec.. xD or stuck players on that spot.12- Maybe increase warclaw armor but make warclaw 30% slower, atm looks like a ferrari to ktrain faster, maybe that actually what Anet wanted....3- Warclaw is useless for what Anet said what warclaw was about, support when near rams, like rawr fear target behind the gate that would also make players loose supply when repairing gates, chain pull needs to produce a kb at players rapairing gate....4 -Remove the instant down aoe lameness, as much i have been using i dont think its a good change to the game, felt like some crappy solution to anet to avoid improve the downsystem/rally, rally needs to be adressed or removed.. period.5- I would not request a dumb trap that's just developers being lazy.... i would actually like certain skills to affect the warclaw, like DH f1, DH Maw trap, jalis tount chain etc....6- BOONS cant be aplyed on warclaw as well nor effects :}

@XECOR.2814 said:I think u are at the same spot of knowled Anet has about what people are doing with the mount, they are clueless, it serves for everything besides what Anet stated warclaw would be.

P.S.. im not against mounts on WvW, its just how ANet deploys lammers content... to shut up players from talkign about balance.

You are clueless. Why?

1. You are fighting people who are running away. This is where you are wrong. Its essentially ganking a zergling. Which is stupid imo. People who want to fight roamers 1v1,2v2. Or 3v3 will stay and fight, be it back then or now.

2. It has been proven time and time again that wvw rotations are far too slow for any "gamer" to like wvw. Yes veterans who played for 10k hrs got used to it and hate to see where the problem lies but it is what it is and Anet knows it.

3. Melee roaming was dead anyway, sorry for sacrifice of literally 10people who were not on cheese builds. But they can still mount up and keep up. Also i believe every class has a ranged weapon and im sorry you have to change your build to accomodate changes because thats totally not how game should work. Lul

As a necro player i like how you people forget that before all the mount shenanigans it was essentially the same situation for necro vs everything and we were told to git gud or l2p or use ranged attacks effectively or use better tactics and get explained how to use our class by people who dont play it and those who zip zap around while not being able to be touched causing huge frustration but now that everyone is experiencing the same things by introduction of mounts, they suddenly think its not fun. Sorry but we been like this for 6yrs, you can also just L2P lad.

1. Warclaw has the ability to dismount players
  2. CC can be used on mounted players (so DH could F1 pull someone off a mount
  3. Soft CC can be used on mounted players (so someone could immobilize a mounted player for example)
  4. Reduce mount health

@XECOR.2814 said:

And yet they are the very builds the rest of us are migrating too because its a reliable dismount source.

@TheBravery.9615 said:

• Make warclaw 1 dismount other players in a certain (not too large, perhaps 300) range.
  • Give warclaw a breakbar, when it is broken, dismount the player (+ a little stun perhaps?)
  • Reduce warclaw speed to maximum running speed
  • Two enemy players both on warclaw within a certain range get automatically dismounted after a few seconds
  • Give warclaw a cooldown of 30 seconds that starts with dismounting
  • After being dismounted, you can only mount up when inside a structure or at spawn (not my idea)

@Deaeira.2651 said:

• Two enemy players both on warclaw within a certain range get automatically dismounted after a few secondsThat IMO is a truly bad idea. We dont need automatic systems for this anymore than we need the plethora of stupid passives on classes. GW2 is supposed to be about engaging in action-counter style combat. Thats why we have dodges to begin with. And thats why dismounting on skill 1 and CC would be enough for this. You can see it and counter it (ie mount dodges) but you cant exactly counter running past a keep wall and automatically dismount because someone is AFK on the other side of the wall.

@Safandula.8723 said:

Mount is not fine atm, cuz it allows u to blindlesly run in front of u and occasionally press jump if enemy is trying to reach u. There should be more downsides to using it. Atm u can nerf warclaw a lot, before it will become less used

the only downside to warclaw is gankers can't easily kill the players anymore running by them, that's it, that's all. They help zergs, they help small groups, they help defend, they help ninja objectives, and they help roamers. The one thing they do not help is gankers. Nothing needs to change on Warclaw's front anymore, just the players who were used to ganking have to go find something else to do that makes them useful to their map.

The only thing we are likely to see in the future is a trap that dismounts players, and we aren't likely to see that for at least a few more months.

One of the best things I've noticed with warclaw is insta-stomping these players that still insist on lingering around trying to pick players off that otherwise would have no chance against them. It's just more salt to the wound.

Archived