Warclaw "stairstepping"- anyone else seen it?

I don't want to call it a hack, because it could just be a visual sync bug betwixt my computer, Anet's servers, and another player's computer...

But twice now in Borderlands I've seen someone move vertically as well as horizontally while using the Warclaw evade skill. The visual effect almost looks like its climbing steps in a way. As soon as the forward motion of the dash ends, the mount and player blink 10 or 12 feet (if we were using real life terms) higher above the ground than they were previously.

Sunday I saw this happen and thought the player was going to jump right over the outer wall of a tower, but they weren't close enough. I saw it again yesterday just being behind a small group who were riding off after taking a camp.

Again, I know this might just be a sync issue and what I see might not really be happening, but I want to throw it out there and see if others have witnessed it and if it's really a glitch/hack.

This seems to be a visual bug only. I see it happen to people (i know well and am on TS with) in my party all the time, but when asked they claim they don't notice anything out of the ordinary on their end. I've also been told by others that sometimes I appear to be jumping high from their end.

I suspect this bug to be connected to the fact that the Warclaw shares the same rig (and maybe a bit more) with the Griffon and that gravity affects the Warclaw and the Griffon differently. Maybe the server interprets the positioning data from the Warclaw when it jumps/dodges similarly to how it would the jump (and flap) of a Griffon and has problems syncing all this properly. That way, when viewed by the player him-/herself it looks normal but for the passer-by it looks all jumpy.

At least it looks to be about the same hight as a jump and flap (and it sounds like something that could happen when modifying one mount into being another).

I've never had it happen to me, but I see it all the time in WvW. Even players who are right next to me.

Suddenly a player mounted on a Warclaw shoots high into the air, then dodges forward. Sometimes it looks like they're kinda bouncing all over the place for a moment.

Ever see other players gliding look like they're bouncing up and down in the air like a yo-yo but it never happens to you? I think a long time ago a dev explained that that was just a visual bug. The Warclaw issue we see with other players but not ourselves is probably a similar visual bug to what we see in other players gliding around.

Archived