Hide chest armor function — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Hide chest armor function

Hide chest armor function 184 votes

Yes, let's finally be able to hide chest armor
30%
Fenom.9457Nikal.4921mikansei.5742TheGrimm.5624Glider.5792Danikat.8537lukey.8951Zaraki.5784Iza.6415NeyteriKiyeri.4207DeWolfe.2174anninke.7469ProtoGunner.4953Frostfang.5109Ayakaru.6583Tora.7214Arkantos.7460Hannelore.8153Emprer.7256LadyGal.8365 57 votes
No
53%
WhatLiesBeneath.9018Delgotta.3817Cerioth.7062Pifil.5193Calsie.2501Lionessfeather.9371Jethro.9376Endless Soul.5178Neural.1824Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864DietPepsi.4371Stand The Wall.6987Ashantara.8731Esterie.7409Asztarte.2957joneirikb.7506Asum.4960Randulf.7614Mea.5491Undo.5091 99 votes
Make shirtless a transmogrifiable skin
15%
Rauderi.8706TwiceDead.1963Sciger.1679Kalendraf.9521Ashen.2907Zephire.8049Robban.1256Westenev.5289Palador.2170Absconditus.6804Blood Red Arachnid.2493VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618Kondor.2904BattleRattle.5420Maikimaik.1974Zitronenalien.4532Mewcifer.5198ButcherofMalakir.4067crazyhusky.2985Kolisch.4691 28 votes
<1

Comments

• Is this option only for males or is it for females also, because if it is we need the option to dye our bra something besides dingy yellow.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm for it, didn't vote bc idc if it's a feature or a skin. When I read the topic I figured it would be useful for ppl who wanted to rp a 'barbarian' type thing so why not. It was interesting for me to see how varied the first few responses were . . .

• InvaGir.9158InvaGir.9158 Member ✭✭✭
    No

@Poormany.4507 said:
    What's the difference between that and just taking your chest armor off? Head armor, I get some people might want to see their face, but who exactly would run around shirtless for extended periods of time other than to troll? I just don't see what the point of this would be and would prefer resources to be used for other stuff.

Some people actually do that with male characters and not always for trolling purposes, the reason OP want that feature is because if you play with your chest armor removed you lose stats.

To the topic:
    Can't say its inappropriate since people can do that anyways, but I honestly don't want to see naked people in LA running around.

• DeWolfe.2174DeWolfe.2174 Member ✭✭✭

@InvaGir.9158 said:
    To the topic:
    Can't say its inappropriate since people can do that anyways, but I honestly don't want to see naked people in LA running around.

So basically all we have to do while in the cities is take our armor off to desensitize those that wish to oppress us?

• Yes, let's finally be able to hide chest armor

Especially the 6th rune effect gone hurts, I wouldn't mind the other tats that much.

• Absconditus.6804Absconditus.6804 Member ✭✭✭

I personally think a rare drop skin like the invisible slippers wouldn't be terrible. More valuable items to potentially get your hands on, to use or to sell, is not a bad thing. For female characters, allow the default underwear to be dyed. I get that a rare skin would be frustrating for those who don't want to get the Gold to purchase it with or to try their luck with getting a skin, but I still think that would be the best way to implement it.

Seafarer's Rest | Enryon | Mistwarden [Hero]

edited March 21, 2019
    No

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:
    To the topic:

So basically all we have to do while in the cities is take our armor off to desensitize those that wish to oppress us?

No one will tell you to put your chest armor back on
    But why do you need it for combat?!

• @Ashantara.8731 said:
    Surrre. Because many female armor sets and outfits aren't already sexist, now I don't want to see more women in bras in this game. I'd rather see some cool skimpy armor sets and outfit for male characters to even things out. :+1:

I'm sorry, where did it say "female only" armor to justify this baseless accusation?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    Surrre. Because many female armor sets and outfits aren't already sexist, now I don't want to see more women in bras in this game. I'd rather see some cool skimpy armor sets and outfit for male characters to even things out. :+1:

I'm sorry, where did it say "female only" armor to justify this baseless accusation?

You misunderstood me. I meant that the current status quo was already sexist in comparison. Adding an option to remove chest armor would make it worse for female dressing options. It would only be acceptable if they finally created skimpy armor designs for male characters as well.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

You misunderstood me. I meant that the current status quo was already sexist in comparison. Adding an option to remove chest armor would make it worse for female dressing options. It would only be acceptable if they finally created skimpy armor designs for male characters as well.

Since this would, in effect, add some options to be "skimpier" with male armor, then it should be a bang up idea. As we can see, it's not being looked at that way, which is why I won't vote. I've had some accounts suspended in other game forums for daring to go against the "but it's sexist" crowd. It's especially ironic when the topic starters are female, looking to doll up their toons. I can't speak to this topic, I have no idea, but I have actually seen it happen.

• Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

Heck why stop with chest. Make all armor pieces with visibility.
    Finally I can run around the level 8- instances with only gloves and boots (for safety).
    That said I doudt it will happen. Also Yes on dye-able underwear/bras... Asura look ridiculous in blue boxers....

“You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

• Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Yeah.... no.

Get your flesh fetish elsewhere.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn | Zeena

Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd rather just see more armor skins that allow you to see tattoo patterns etc.

• Everyone talking about bras like Conan and Khal Drogo don't exist.

yes, for charr so you can see their fur (or more chest pieces that shows more fur)

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

While a no shirt option may work for Human or Norn males, I'd prefer something more tasteful than the human female's bright yellow underwear.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

yes and make cash-shop items that changes that underwear !

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Taylan.2187Taylan.2187 Member ✭✭✭
    No

I don't want to see naked people on the battlefield, so no. I'm already annoyed by all the super flashy ridiculous outfits many people use. Mixing that with naked characters would produce a totally absurd combination.

For people aiming for a "barbarian" look, there is the "scallywag chest" heavy armor skin. Although it doesn't work well on Norn, Human, and Sylvari female characters, because for those it turns into a full chestguard, obviously designed to hide humanoid breasts.

Ignore the ridiculous pauldrons and headgear and note the chest skin seen here on the male characters, as well as the female charr and asura:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scallywag_armor

A proper "barbarian" look could surely be designed for humanoid females too, if Anet weren't lazy. Well, maybe there already is an option, given all the skimpy outfits they made for female characters.

• MikeG.6389MikeG.6389 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, I want to hide my chest armour. And the legs. And the boots, too. In fact, I want to hide the character, as well. I want only my auras to be visible.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think it would have to be a kind of skin, and not just a "Hide armor" checkbox.

The fact is, of the five races only two seem to be set on requiring full clothing at all times. Norn NPCs seem to have no problem going around with minimal clothing, and I seem to recall a few charr going around shirtless or nearly so. During the Seeds of Truth part of LS2, we get to see in Caithe's memories that sylvari were walking around without clothes in the Grove, I'm guessing they only became more serious about it now because of all the humans and asura they deal with.

On the upside, making it a skin means we don't have to see the human/norn female bra, it can be replaced with something more aesthetically pleasing and dyeable.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

@InvaGir.9158 said:

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:
    To the topic:

Same reason why people need invisible slippers in combat, or those atrocious, impractical wings or backpacks in combat - for style? If you care about realism (god forbid), those should be you main concerns, not the lack of chest armor.

edited March 23, 2019
    No

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:
    To the topic:

Same reason why people need invisible slippers in combat, or those atrocious, impractical wings or backpacks in combat - for style? If you care about realism (god forbid), those should be you main concerns, not the lack of chest armor.

I doubt this suggestion will be accepted because the only reason they made the invisible shoes was because of some dev who liked the concept of going barefoot(as far as I know)
    Also people asked for swimsuits for years now and didn't get them even though they already exists in the game for all the races.

• Samuel.4812Samuel.4812 Member ✭✭✭

I think it would be nice for charr characters so I support this. Charr armor doesn't fit well as it is and this would be nice for them.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want this.

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

I find it kind of interesting that the people who want this want it for mostly male characters or characters without boobs/much femininity (charr).
    Yet, most the people who don't want it seem to think it is all about bikinis and wanting girl characters to be skimpier.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 19k AP

• Magek.4718Magek.4718 Member ✭✭✭

@Poormany.4507 said:
    What's the difference between that and just taking your chest armor off? Head armor, I get some people might want to see their face, but who exactly would run around shirtless for extended periods of time other than to troll? I just don't see what the point of this would be and would prefer resources to be used for other stuff.

Many Norns and Asura have skin markings and patterns that are covered by armor.

I'd say this feature is long overdue, take it a step further and allow us to hide leg armor too.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019

I notice a lot of these arguments boil down to "I don't want to see nude female humans running about" - if it were a skin, then wouldn't Anet be able to make something a little more tasteful for Human - or norn - females who want to show off their bodies?

@MikeG.6389 said:
    Yeah, I want to hide my chest armour. And the legs. And the boots, too. In fact, I want to hide the character, as well. I want only my auras to be visible.

Just grab a few auras and turn post-processing on.

You're welcome. ;)

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

I don't like the idea of running around in a bra (or completely topless).

• FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

I thought this was GW2, not WoW.

• TwiceDead.1963TwiceDead.1963 Member ✭✭✭

Honestly I prefer seeing shirtless people than the Obnoxious glow from Pink Sparkle Rainbow Unicorn characters. But let's be real, neither is going away anyway, so might as well make it hard to get like the other eye-cancer.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:
    I find it kind of interesting that the people who want this want it for mostly male characters or characters without boobs/much femininity (charr).
    Yet, most the people who don't want it seem to think it is all about bikinis and wanting girl characters to be skimpier.

That's usual result of being brainwashed about non-existing issues - everything around you suddenly turn problematic.

• Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

I’d love to hide all armor for my Hulk toon. That said, I’d rather they spend their finite resources on something else.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd love for this to happen. I hate all medium armor for male humans, and my thief would look better with a bare chest anyway.
    If not at least add some more variety to armor so there's a few leather arneses for males.

• DaShi.1368DaShi.1368 Member ✭✭✭
    No

I'd only support it if male characters also had to wear the yellow bras.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

why are people triggered about nude female? what about if people wanted to cosplay stuff like broley, a spartan, or sparticus ?

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2019

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Every single part of armor should just be hideable. I mean why not? Why only head and shoulders? It would be an easy function and for some people fun for cosplay or whatever they want.

As Proto said, if you're going to make chest hideable, it makes more sense to make it all hideable.

Absolutely yes, the look of your character is a really important and I want to be able to play as a sexy shirtless male character without stat penalties

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2020
    No

I voted No because Anet is gonna say No anyway.

We can't even dye weapons for the love of god.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• No

Probably should have read before voting, but yeah. I'm actually in support of it being an "invisible breast plate" where its rarity alone would keep it in check, and only the most dedicated would have it.

I'm all in support of increased variety in appearance! Y'all look horrible anyway, so...

:p