Q: where is the heroic dragonsblood collection

So i finished getting the 16 base dragonsblood weapons, and got 4 visions done.I crafted the first heroic weapon, the axe, and was much surprised to see no achievement pop up.I get that i am in the wrong fire assuming it would be there, but who didn't assume it would be there after having 2 pre-achievements?

To me, it doesn't make much sense.Crafting the heroic weapons is cost and time expensive. I don't even care if its a 1AP per weapon, or +1, +1, +3 type for three tiers of the collection.Just having no collection at all felt like a slap in the face and anet really let me down

@Randulf.7614 said:If thats the ascended version they said they didnt want people to feel like rhey had to chase such a long winded collection.

I disagree with their decision though.

It was done intentionally? And by that reason? That doesn't make sense at all.

It's an achievement, not a requirement.You can do it or not as you please. If anyone feels 'forced' to do an achievement, there are way worse collections.

And why then have an achievement for the visions if you don't want your playerbase to continue into crafting?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:If thats the ascended version they said they didnt want people to feel like rhey had to chase such a long winded collection.

I disagree with their decision though.

It was done intentionally? And by that reason? That doesn't make sense at all.

It's an achievement, not a requirement.You can do it or not as you please. If anyone feels 'forced' to do an achievement, there are way worse collections.

And why then have an achievement for the visions if you don't want your playerbase to continue into crafting?

Ill find you the quote later

Thanks, its not what i wanted to hear, but thanks anyway for sharing it.Apparently, we're only allowed to have collections that don't take time or effort :(

Whelp.. I'll just destroy the Visions then.An achievement would've been the only reason for me to waste gold and materials on these weapons

Thanks, its not what i wanted to hear, but thanks anyway for sharing it.Apparently, we're only allowed to have collections that don't take time or effort :(

Whelp.. I'll just destroy the Visions then.An achievement would've been the only reason for me to waste gold and materials on these weapons

Yeah, I'd have worked (long term) on the full set for the carrot of ap or a title. It's the little projects over time that I like and yeah sure I could do it just because, but it doesn't feel as fulfilling. It's not overly surprising given the Stellar set didn't have one either

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I am glad that there is no collection, because I have too many ascended weapon "leftovers" laying around already and have no bank space to waste on 16 more. This way, you can go do a weapon's hunt if you need a specific one - much better decision to give us a choice.

That would still exist with an optional collection though surely. A collection just guves extra for rhise who want to get them all. Shouldnt really affect those who just want one

AP-generating collections of expensive skins is only theoretically optional. In practice, we've seen howls from many people who feel compelled to obtain all possible AP, for a variety of reasons (not the least that AP is released in dribs and drabs).

Here's what would probably have happened if there was a Heroic DB collection in addition to the ordinary skin collection: instead of 12 points per skin for the various different "chasing" steps, we'd have gotten six... and we'd have gotten six each for the Heroics, i.e. the same net gain in AP, except it would be more onerous, more expensive, and annoy a lot more people.

I think it's good for the community that there remain some goals in the game that don't generate AP. Not every collectible needs a collection, not every tricky place to reach needs to be an official JP.

I don't think we need a collection for crafting the ascended versions, it would be just a more boring, expensive and time-gated version of the first collection. Btw, i would like to see a collection based on the Visions you get for each weapon, the reward could be a chest with the option to exchange directly one of the visions for its related ascended weapon (and maybe something like the living world portal tome to keep all the other visions in one slot) and a tittle or something shiny for the Fashion Wars players.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:AP-generating collections of expensive skins is only theoretically optional. In practice, we've seen howls from many people who feel compelled to obtain all possible AP, for a variety of reasons (not the least that AP is released in dribs and drabs).

Here's what would probably have happened if there was a Heroic DB collection in addition to the ordinary skin collection: instead of 12 points per skin for the various different "chasing" steps, we'd have gotten six... and we'd have gotten six each for the Heroics, i.e. the same net gain in AP, except it would be more onerous, more expensive, and annoy a lot more people.

I think it's good for the community that there remain some goals in the game that don't generate AP. Not every collectible needs a collection, not every tricky place to reach needs to be an official JP.

Although sometimes, the other way around, its only because of the AP people do something.

For example, without an achievement, would you have bothered climbing the Chalice of Tears? I know i wouldn't have given it a single glance.

I'm an achievement Hunter, but not an over achiever. I look for fun achievements and collections because I'm aiming for the Hellfire set. I never have and never will feel forced to do an achievement just because it exists. I don't even understand people who claim to feel forced to get every AP. Why? What's the gain? There's rewards to work for, but that little leaderboard number is pointless anyway since not all AP is inn the game anymore

No we dont need them, but as frequently gets argued for other things in the game it would be entirely optional. It is just an extra thing for ap hunters or a little reward for those putting the work in. Almost everything in gw2 is optional, so this fits perfectly. If people feel compelled to do something, it is on them not the game.

It is moot, since Anet decided against it.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Right now, it feels like anet is deciding what we want. Not what we should do, but what we want.

They made the choice for us.

How do you figure that? You can still obtain all the Heroic versions of the skins.They only thing that they determined is from where the AP comes... and they have always allocated that.

If you want the skins for their own sake, craft them. If you want them for AP, you can conveniently stop short of spending 600-800 gold worth of mats. The choice is yours.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Right now, it feels like anet is deciding what we want. Not what we should do, but what we want.

How do you figure that? You can still obtain all the Heroic versions of the skins.They only thing that they determined is from where the AP comes... and they have always allocated that.

If you want the skins for their own sake, craft them. If you want them for AP, you can conveniently stop short of spending 600-800 gold worth of mats. The choice is yours.

I wanted to do collections, not get the skins.So without a collection, it ends with the visions.

I meant they made the choice for us "if it were there, we could choose if we wanted to do it or not." They decided we shouldn't do it. If the collection was there, it was our choice, now it was their decision to not do it.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Right now, it feels like anet is deciding what we want. Not what we should do, but what we want.

I wanted to do collections, not get the skins.So without a collection, it ends with the visions.

I meant they made the choice for us "if it were there, we could choose if we wanted to do it or not." They decided we shouldn't do it. If the collection was there, it was
our choice
, now it was their decision to not do it.

I'm not following your point. There's a collection, without an official Collection. What is stopping you from collecting all the weapon skins?And if you don't really care about the skins, you're getting all the AP that would have been available, without having to spend the extra coin.

Because otherwise you're just making the identical argument that you complain about: the "don't make it a collection" supporters think it's not really optional if there's an official collection and associated AP; you think it's not really optional if there isn't a collection and associated AP.

Archived