Vote on and suggest new PvP leaderboard titles

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi everyone!

As you may know, we have been considering making new PvP leaderboard titles for some time. At this point, we would like to involve the community in that decision by letting you vote on a few proposals! We came up with three different title schemes that you can see below. Additionally, I’ve listed for each title scheme some pros and cons from our point of view. You are also free to suggest new schemes in this discussion.

Please note that:1) These proposals aren’t a guarantee. Things can still change, especially if someone suggests a scheme that we like significantly more.2) Any additional title suggestions should have a unifying theme.3) The vote results will be one of the consideration we take into account when deciding what new title scheme we will use.

Thank you for your help!

Old - Current TitlesPros – No work required since it’s already in.Cons – After Legendary Demigod, each title sounds less differentiated. They don’t illustrate how well you placed, as they are pretty close in meaning. Difficult to say how Ruthless, Relentless, and Merciless Legend compare.

1st: God of PvP2nd: Legendary Demigod3rd: Immortal Legend4th-10th: Unyielding Legend11th – 25th: Relentless Legend26th-100th: Ruthless Legend101st – 250th: Merciless Legend

New – Nobility ThemePros – Very easily recognizable ranking between the various titles. Most PvP players will be instantly familiar with this terminology. Adding PvP makes it clear that it’s a reward earned in PvP.Cons – Not very unique.1st: God/Godess of PvP2nd: Legendary Demigod/Demigoddess of PvP3rd: King/Queen of PvP4th-10th: Prince/Princess of PvP11th – 25th: Duke/Duchess of PvP26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of PvP101st – 250th: Knight/Dame of PvP

New – Number themePros – Ranking is very straightforward.Cons – Not exciting.1st: God of PvP2nd: Legendary Demigod of PvP3rd: Immortal Legend of PvP4th-10th: Top 10 of PvP11th – 25th: Top 25 of PvP26th-100th: Top 100 of PvP101st – 250th: Top 250 of PvP

New – Military ThemePros – Clear ranking.Cons – Military ranks may be more suitable to WvW than PvP.1st: General2nd: Lieutenant General3rd: Colonel4th-10th: Major11th – 25th: Captain26th-100th: First Lieutenant101st – 250th: Second Lieutenant

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st: God of the Mists ( in French ofc )2nd: Demigod of the Mists3rd: Immortal Legend of the Mists4th-10th: Unyielding Legend of the Mists11th – 25th: Relentless Legend of the Mists26th-100th: Ruthless Legend of the Mists101st – 250th: Grunt of the Mists

1st: God/Godess of the Mists ( in French )2nd: Demigod/Demigoddess of the Mists3rd: King/Queen of the Mists4th-10th: Prince/Princess of the Mists11th – 25th: Duke/Duchess of the Mists26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of the Mists101st – 250th: Knight/Dame of the Mists

1st: Mist God/Goddess2nd: Mist Demigod/Demigoddess3rd: Mist King/Queen4th-10th: Mist Prince/Princess11th – 25th: Mist Duke/Duchess26th-100th: Mist Baron/Baroness101st – 250th: Mist Knight/Dame

or what Ajaxx said

1st: God/Godess of the Mists2nd: Demigod/Demigoddess of the Mists3rd: King/Queen of the Mists4th-10th: Prince/Princess of the Mists11th – 25th: Duke/Duchess of the Mists26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of the Mists101st – 250th: Knight/Dame of the Mists

Out of the ones suggested I think the numbers is the best option. That said I would recommend some changes to second and third so the list would look like so:

1st: God of PvP2nd: Demigod of PvP -- (truncated and makes it clearer its second place)3rd: Legend of PvP -- (truncated again, and the immortal is not needed if other titles lack their descriptor)4th-10th: Top 10 of PvP11th – 25th: Top 25 of PvP26th-100th: Top 100 of PvP101st – 250th: Top 250 of PvP

Alternatively, I would suggest a similar theme as the top three titles, but denoting mastery as opposed to Military rank or Nobility. For instance,

1st: God of PvP2nd: Demigod of PvP3rd: Legend of PvP4th-10th: Champion of PvP11th – 25th: Master of PvP26th-100th: Veteran of PvP101st – 250th: ((no clue))

My suggestion would be:First of all rework all current titles with "Legend" to give the title its prestige back - Seeing literally everyone with legend devalues the word.Old:Legendary Champion -> Terror of the MistsPrimordial Legend -> PrimordialExalted Legend -> ExaltedIllustrious Legend -> IllustriousIndomitable Legend -> IndomitableCurrent:Merciless Legend -> Merciless ChallangerRuthless Legend -> Ruthless ChallangerRelentless Legend -> Relentless ChallangerUnyielding Legend -> Unyielding ChallangerLeave Immortal Legend/Legendary Demigod as is.

As for new titles:250: Fearless Competitor100: Remorseless Competitor25: Emotionless Competitor10: Unwavering Competitor3: Eternal Legend2: The Living Myth1: The Almighty

WvW needs those military ranks as titles now! Pretty please :)

My suggestions for PvP:1st: The One Who Beat Them All2nd: Not the Best One in PvP3rd: Not even the 2nd Best One in PvP4th-10th: Experienced in PvP11th – 25th: Somehow Experienced in PvP26th-100th: Try-hard of PvP101st – 250th: Expendable and Forgettable

I don't believe that the titles are the problem but the visibility of them. All titles use the same text, if a special border, fonts and colors are added for the rare titles it would improve how noticeable they are, they should be symbol like legendary weapon and the pvp badge. As they are now God of PvP and Chicken Chaser have the same value as nobody would bother to read it. For the poll the Nobility Theme seems to be the best option.

I voted for the nobility theme, but I would remove the "PvP" part and replace it with "the Arena":

• 1st: God/Goddess of the Arena
  • 2nd: Demigod/Demigoddess of the Arena
  • 3rd: King/Queen of the Arena
  • 4th-10th: Prince/Princess of the Arena
  • 11th–25th: Duke/Duchess of the Arena
  • 26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of the Arena
  • 101st–250th: Knight/Dame of the Arena

Also, another suggestion:

• 1st: First of the Arena
  • 2nd: Second of the Arena
  • 3rd: Third of the Arena
  • 4th-10th: Legend of the Arena
  • 11th–25th: Hero of the Arena
  • 26th-100th: Champion of the Arena
  • 101st–250th: Veteran of the Arena

This is probably a minor thing but it's been bugging me for a while - please don't use the gamemode's name in titles (PvP/PvE/WvW). It's just very uninspired and even immersion breaking for an MMO - I'm no roleplayer but still, let's try to conjure up something from the lore if possible. Top 100 of PvP is even worse in that regard.

For example God of the Mists or something similar for rank 1 instead of God of PvP.

@"fayss.9614" said:1st: God/Godess of PvP2nd: Legendary Demigod/Demigoddess of PvP3rd: Legendary Gladiator4th-10th: Balthazar's Gladiator11th-25th: Emperor's Gladiator26th-100th: King's Gladiator101st-250th: Vanquishing Gladiator

I'd love this! Pays some tribute to GW1 titles and uses "gladiator" instead of legend which is way more fitting. Without "PvP", of course. - we could have the first few titles mist themed then the rest gladiator, doesn't have to follow the same scheme.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"witcher.3197" said:This is probably a minor thing but it's been bugging me for a while - please don't use the gamemode's name in titles (PvP/PvE/WvW). It's just very uninspired and even immersion breaking for an MMO - I'm no roleplayer but still, let's try to conjure up something from the lore if possible. Top 100 of PvP is even worse in that regard.

For example God of the Mists or something similar for rank 1 instead of God of PvP.

It does sound weird, and I agree to some extent. But we also commonly have the complaint that people want others to know what the accomplishment was and where it came from. Using of the Mists could work instead. However, in GW2 lore, the Mists also includes WvW and Fractals, so that could be pretty confusing as well.

"of the Arena" might be a good substitute.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hi everyone!

As you may know, we have been considering making new PvP leaderboard titles for some time. At this point, we would like to involve the community in that decision by letting you vote on a few proposals! We came up with three different title schemes that you can see below. Additionally, I’ve listed for each title scheme some pros and cons from our point of view. You are also free to suggest new schemes in this discussion.

Please note that:1) These proposals aren’t a guarantee. Things can still change, especially if someone suggests a scheme that we like significantly more.2) Any additional title suggestions should have a unifying theme.3) The vote results will be one of the consideration we take into account when deciding what new title scheme we will use.

Thank you for your help!

Old - Current TitlesPros – No work required since it’s already in.Cons – After Legendary Demigod, each title sounds less differentiated. They don’t illustrate how well you placed, as they are pretty close in meaning. Difficult to say how Ruthless, Relentless, and Merciless Legend compare.

1st: God of PvP2nd: Legendary Demigod3rd: Immortal Legend4th-10th: Unyielding Legend11th – 25th: Relentless Legend26th-100th: Ruthless Legend101st – 250th: Merciless Legend

New – Nobility ThemePros – Very easily recognizable ranking between the various titles. Most PvP players will be instantly familiar with this terminology. Adding PvP makes it clear that it’s a reward earned in PvP.Cons – Not very unique.1st: God/Godess of PvP2nd: Legendary Demigod/Demigoddess of PvP3rd: King/Queen of PvP4th-10th: Prince/Princess of PvP11th – 25th: Duke/Duchess of PvP26th-100th: Baron/Baroness of PvP101st – 250th: Knight/Dame of PvP

New – Number themePros – Ranking is very straightforward.Cons – Not exciting.1st: God of PvP2nd: Legendary Demigod of PvP3rd: Immortal Legend of PvP4th-10th: Top 10 of PvP11th – 25th: Top 25 of PvP26th-100th: Top 100 of PvP101st – 250th: Top 250 of PvP

New – Military ThemePros – Clear ranking.Cons – Military ranks may be more suitable to WvW than PvP.1st: General2nd: Lieutenant General3rd: Colonel4th-10th: Major11th – 25th: Captain26th-100th: First Lieutenant101st – 250th: Second Lieutenant

Voted however these titles all sound really really lame imo compared to what we have now. I think We should be a more creative then what we were given for selection.

Example:1st: God/Godess of PvP2nd: Legendary Demigod/Demigoddess of PvP3rd: Legendary Gladiator4th-10th: Balthazar's Gladiator11th-25th: Emperor's Gladiator26th-100th: King's Gladiator101st-250th: Vanquishing Gladiator

Sounds a lot better then what we have at the moment on your list. I think we should have some sort of Contest and select what the player base believes would be the best especially if we aren't going to be getting them next season so we should just take our time and do justice to the community.

Archived