Upcoming Warclaw bug fixes/changes - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming Warclaw bug fixes/changes

Comments

• break bar for mounts is a good change, can not happen fast enough. Stealth was buggy way before mounts

• yorick.1305yorick.1305 Member ✭✭

@Slanderman.9532 said:
    imo best way to handle dismount is make battlemaul dismount enemy mounted players, idea behind this is you can "juke" dodges by dodging yourself rather than using battlemaul. It also makes ganking little bit easier but not too much as players have 3dodges and move slower in enemy territory.

A LOT slower in enemy maps. It's no quicker than 25% speed signet.

• Woof.8246Woof.8246 Member ✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

A lance charged attack , than cant be used in short range ?

While the ''charge'' animation is active , both must play a Rock/Scisoor/Paper minigame
    (with a Sword/Shield/xxx micro icons floating around the mounts)
    In a ''draw'' the defender get dismmounted and get stealth and superspeed (if out of combat , travel to the waypoint)
    If the the defender looses , = dismount and stun .
    If the defender wins , then:
    a) the opponent get stunned , or
    b) get stealth , or
    b) the defender can activate a Battle Roar that dismount the defender , and the opponents cannot get stealth and any boons he gets for 10 sec will be corrupted .
    Or simply the defender could keep dodging till his endurance bar runs out .

Edit:Or a huge Battle Axe that could be carried by the player while on their feet , for an Aoe Dissmount
    (with more slowly charge -easy to see animation and )

Edit3:Or toxic darts , that comfuses/make agrier/rabbies the animal when it get near civilasation/man-made-buildings (allies or enemies ) .
    (So your mount will keep its supersped , in the allies control terretory , but restrict the area you can move to , or cant rush as soon as posible to your friendly zerg)

Edit4: Or infection dart , that forces your mount to turn back and fight back an enemy's mount till some1 is dead .
    (you cant stirr it back , but you can chooses some attacks-defensive moves in order to help it)

low budget comedian

• Manuhell.2759Manuhell.2759 Member ✭✭✭

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

I don't understand?? How are they able to kill you when you both reset?
    Surely you are able to wp out when they try to reset, of if not then run the other way and force them classes to burn more stuff up to re-close the gap.
    When even I tried to do that reset "trick" the other guy has either wp out or also reset and back to full health

Because some classes can just keep forcing a fight and reset it until they win, as other classes lack the in-combat mobility to do the same.
    And waypointing in such a situation means that even if you forced the enemy to reset the fight, you're still giving up in doing what you were meant to do. So what's the point, it's still a loss even if you haven't died. Sure, one could run away (depending on the situation) but if the cooldowns are relatively low, that burn-up you talk of is essentially moot (and won't stop them from using other skills to escape the fight later on).
    For some classes, the only way to win such a fight is to not fight to start with - and that's what the mount helped to do, as you couldn't just get close and force a fight.

So, again, why can some classes be free to choose to force,escape and avoid fights at their leisure, but others - as these mount nerfs show us - shouldn't even be able to avoid them? Either it is bad for the game mode or it isn't. Since there is no issue in changing the design of the mount, i assume they'll do the same to those other classes. For the good of the mode. After all, if they don't want to fight and die in a fight, they can just get back to PvE.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ahratan.1098 said:
    I don’t like the sound of the dismount trap or skill. The mount finally gave us a way to avoid pesky, cancer-spec gankers (perma stealthers and one shotters), and this change would undo it. Ofc gankers will just lay traps all over an area and wait for victims to troll - probably great fun for them, but super tedious for others.

One bug that actually needs fixing is stealth not being instantly removed when mounting.

Gonna agree there. Mount finally give more mobility for players like me who get always trolled/ killed in 2 secs at a spawn by perma stealth thief or mesmers. Adding those traps would make the warclaw obsolet. I don't see how a bad idea like this can come to mind. Stop ruining fun, stop favorising trollers and scourge blobs. ENOUGH, let us move freely around with our kitty. NO more traps with have enough annoying traps. It's frustating and not fun, will not make anyone happy. (Apart trolls.).-_- only bad decisions those days: double nerf istan..... mount in wvw..... now make that mount useless..... add unidentified gear anywhere so it worth anything anymore.... let's remove sigil drops that way it's even harder.....

Mwelp... going to wait for lws5, but if it continue like that, I leave. Too sad I regret the wonderful days back in 2013-14.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is good news,about the mount changes AND the communication improvements arenet has been making.

• Squeak.7093Squeak.7093 Member ✭✭

Instead of thinking of adding another goshkitten trap, why not just lower the mount health (similar to the jackal)? gw2 needs a test server for these kinds of things so they don't implode when they're released on the live servers.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Simple fix then: remove the ability of a player to contest/capture a point while mounted.

An even simpler fix is decreasing the amount of dodges it can do.

@Kayobi.5608 said:
    I took a semi-quick look through the thread just now. Along with my occasional looks through the forum and our subreddit, there's a question that hasn't been asked, or answered, that I'm itching to see a Dev response on. And I just can't find one.

Has anyone passed around the idea of making Warclaw a Raptor side-grade in Open World content?
    I play a fair bit of WvW myself. I have since launch. The work towards Warclaw wasn't too bad, and it changed how WvW works in a few ways that some may like and some dislike, but that's not really in the scope of this thread. Nonetheless, it's good to see it's still being tweaked.
    But Open World? I haven't seen anything on it. There, the mount is dreadfully slow, its movement ability is basically a dud and is barely able to cross a gap the player can. It also has no benefits from the WvW Warclaw Trait line, gaining neither extra speed nor its reduced movement ability stamina consumption. Its Dismount skill seems to be average from everything I can tell.

I understand it wasn't really built with Open World in mind. That was said from the start, so no surprises there. It would still be nice if it had the same movement skill distance as a Raptor, and increased that distance when Raptor Mastery 3 is learned, just to keep it from being able to get around those "gates" that it's needed to circumvent. Increased movement speed would also be nice, but one thing at a time.
    Now seemed like a good time to ask about it, and I want to see what people think. Personally, it seems like a harmless change, and now that the bulk of PvE players have gotten it, it's very unlikely to cause a spike in Queues. So I can't see much reason to keep its Open World state as it is other than "just because."

It's not a pve mount - be grateful it's even available there.

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Manuhell.2759 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Surely you are able to wp out when they try to reset, of if not then run the other way and force them classes to burn more stuff up to re-close the gap.
    When even I tried to do that reset "trick" the other guy has either wp out or also reset and back to full health

Because some classes can just keep forcing a fight and reset it until they win, as other classes lack the in-combat mobility to do the same.
    And waypointing in such a situation means that even if you forced the enemy to reset the fight, you're still giving up in doing what you were meant to do. So what's the point, it's still a loss even if you haven't died. Sure, one could run away (depending on the situation) but if the cooldowns are relatively low, that burn-up you talk of is essentially moot (and won't stop them from using other skills to escape the fight later on).
    For some classes, the only way to win such a fight is to not fight to start with - and that's what the mount helped to do, as you couldn't just get close and force a fight.

So, again, why can some classes be free to choose to force,escape and avoid fights at their leisure, but others - as these mount nerfs show us - shouldn't even be able to avoid them? Either it is bad for the game mode or it isn't. Since there is no issue in changing the design of the mount, i assume they'll do the same to those other classes. For the good of the mode. After all, if they don't want to fight and die in a fight, they can just get back to PvE.

Never have I been killed by a thief of mesmer who resets over and over again, may be a few times if they played Condi but that was ages ago.

Yeah, that's because it really doesn't happen.

You have to realize that the people who make these claims aren't actually talking about resetting and reengaging in short timeframe, as much as they whine and complain about that being the case. They are simply unable to deal with being kited, or with mobile players who utilize their in-combat forward or backward ports. In their minds they see this as "resetting" even though no player ever leaves combat. I get salty whispers all the time when I play S/D (how dare I dance in and out with Infiltrator's Strike! I should just not use that skill at all, right!?) or DE Rifle and use Death's Retreat to port back to 1200 range.

Someone just last night called my DE "cheesy" because I kited their melee DH. The fact that my profession doesn't have the kit to stay in melee range toe-to-toe eludes them. Short range/low-mobility players for some reason just don't understand that they are short-range/low-mobility because they're *much more powerful than their mobile opponents when in short-range.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    I main, or played theif most of my the class's on my acc though i have played all apart from rev so call me biast.

Never have I been killed by a thief of mesmer who resets over and over again, may be a few times if they played Condi but that was ages ago.

I still can not understand why people want to chase classes that they have no chance in catching up with, you strike when they come to you, and both thief/mesmer will drop fast IF you do manage to land a strong burst with in the window when thry port to you. don't play the way they want you to.

People chase because they want to end the fight and go on with whatever they wanted to do. Instead of having to fight again the same enemy after some tens of seconds.
    Besides, even the other classes can drop fast after a strong burst...but they still can't disengage when things go wrong. They'll just end up dying even if not one-shotted. Unlike those other classes.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I’ll answer the question cuz it’s easy to understand and answer. Classes that can disengage are balanced to do so are glassy mobile classes that for some reason don’t have the damage of medium or slower classes but for good reason don’t have the sustain of the other classes,soulbeast being an exception. Why should classes being balanced with great sustain,more hp,more dps etc be able to disengage as easily as classes that are meant to disengage and are balanced(poorly at that especially with mounts added to wvw)by having low sustain,hp and in a lot of cases dps?

Maybe it could have been so when they were initially designed, 7 years ago. Nowaday (and a ton of patches and reworks later) they aren't lacking damage at all (deadeyes even happen to be the best damage spec for small targets) or other defensive measures either (given to make up for the lesser sustain and hp). But that has nothing to do with fleeing from fights. People want to fight, they're opposed to the mount due to that. Why having means to disengage and escape fights in WvW? Avoiding fights is not good for the mode, last i heard?

Maybe those mesmers and thieves should just speak frankly about the issue. It's not about "the good of the mode", "being WvW and not PvE" and what else. It's just that they want to be the only ones being able to force fights at their leisure and then flee without giving a win when things go wrong, and don't like a mount that makes people able to avoid fighting them (because people already know that's useless to start with, since most often it's a draw at best). Even if it is fun only for them and an huge annoyance for everyone else. That's all.

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Cronos.6532 said:
    Could you also add a net throw Trick (AoE targetted throw like Target Painter) that prevents a large number of players from mounting up without putting them in combat?

Yes, this is something we've thought about. The main thing I don't like about it is the user experience of trying to use inventory items. Especially during conflict.

thats an issue for all the tricks and probably a reason why we have so few.
    is there hope for longer terms, that we get 'utility inventory slots', in wich only consumables like food, blueprinds, traps, tricks etc. can be placed and assigned to a keybind? with 2 base for food+utility additional such slots could be a nice addition to the gem shop :3

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Cronos.6532 said:
    Could you also add a net throw Trick (AoE targetted throw like Target Painter) that prevents a large number of players from mounting up without putting them in combat?

Yes, this is something we've thought about. The main thing I don't like about it is the user experience of trying to use inventory items. Especially during conflict.

is there hope for longer terms, that we get 'utility inventory slots', in wich only consumables like food, blueprinds, traps, tricks etc. can be placed and assigned to a keybind? with 2 base for food+utility additional such slots could be a nice addition to the gem shop :3

Or, we get rid of them all and instead add skills to all classes that mimic these abilities, or as riders to existing skills, rather than make more inventory clutter.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Cronos.6532 said:

Or, we get rid of them all and instead add skills to all classes that mimic these abilities, or as riders to existing skills, rather than make more inventory clutter.

you narrow the use of such slots way too much on tricks, sure for tricks one could do that. but there is plenty consumables and it would be nice to have a better access to them.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Manuhell.2759 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    I main, or played theif most of my the class's on my acc though i have played all apart from rev so call me biast.

I still can not understand why people want to chase classes that they have no chance in catching up with, you strike when they come to you, and both thief/mesmer will drop fast IF you do manage to land a strong burst with in the window when thry port to you. don't play the way they want you to.

People chase because they want to end the fight and go on with whatever they wanted to do. Instead of having to fight again the same enemy after some tens of seconds.
    Besides, even the other classes can drop fast after a strong burst...but they still can't disengage when things go wrong. They'll just end up dying even if not one-shotted. Unlike those other classes.

ok, well them "other classes" dont need to port away because they can tank/sustain the dmg or burst, the only real class that cant is probably warrior because if you avoid his burst's then there no t3 adreline healing there for no sustain out side stances they are easy to bait.

also you;'re doing it wrong if you get greedy and chase thieves/mesmers.

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

@C Cspace Cowboy.5903 said:
    Ya'll need to remove the ability to be stealthed on mount. It may not be a problem in pve, but in wvw its absolutely broken. When a 50 man zerg can stealth out of render distance and then just bomb on people who had no idea.

I forgot about that! Compeltely agree with that.
    I'd go with mounting giving between 5 and 10s revealed, and being mounted making players immune to stealth.

Maybe also making the engage skill have an internal cooldown per target, so a single player can't be hit by a mount engage more than once every 1-3 seconds or so. It could be something like an invisible effect that lats 1-3s that makes the engage skill ignore a player that has been already it.

@reddie.5861 said:
    what the ?? why would u want all this stuff in wvw?
    just remove whole mount all problems solved :D

That is not going to happen no matter how many upvotes in reddit and likes in the forum people get when they say it. So let's be productive and focus on improving it. And by improving it I don't mean "making it useless" or "remove it". I mean addressing the flaws we know it has, figuring the problems we didn't know it has, and coming up for improvements for it that would make it more fun and fair.

Fixing something that isn't broken and reinventing the wheel are not only possible, but often beneficial, if done right. Stagnation and retrogradism are never beneficial.

• Tyyphoon.5301Tyyphoon.5301 Member ✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Tyyphoon.5301 said:
    Wow, Warclaw hasnt even been out for 1 month yet and its already getting nerfed to the ground due to fairweather and troll QQs. Lol. Might as well just rollback pre-WvW mount era and refund all our mount-related purchases. RIP.

I was hoping we would get mounted combat in the future...but wow, this just killed it before it even had a chance to begin.

What a way to squander resources that could have gone towards WvW alliances features.

Refer to the post above yours.

The only thing that will end up changing is that youre not guaranteed safe passage in a warzone anymore when travelling to your zerg, which is the way it has been since release.

Theres literally like 50 maps you can go too if you don't enjoy open world pvp.

Who cares about safe passage? Lol. I would opt for a true "open world PvP", not some instanced version of it like we do in GW2. Unfortunately, GW2 has the best combat system on the market to date (even after 6+ years!), so alas! here we are. I guess you selectively forgot to read my comment "Might as well just rollback pre-WvW mount era [...]". Thanks for your concern though. I shall go back to spawn camping mounted players like yourself that want to get back to their zerg. Ciao!

Tyyphóón (Thief) | Lil Tyy (Thief) | Mini Tyy (Ele)
    [HUNT] Predatory Instinct | [Caps] Glorious Dappers
    What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche
    Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price. -Sun Tzu

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hadi.6025 said:
    Any way.. Also Can mounts "prevent capture-point contribution" too ? This would stop players from sitting on a 10k health mount while capturing a camp or something like a KEEP. Please consider this and read every detailed comment on this post.

Not sure I see a distinction between a player on a mount capping/defending and a player in a golem. The price difference between the supply cost of the golem and golem/mount health differences seem inline. Both following the same mechanic also seems inline. I don't think I have seen any fights end any differently from this while attacking or defending these last weeks, not sure what you might have encountered though.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• @Lonami.2987 said:

Integrate anti-mount measures in some siege weapon instead.

I agree with this. The Warclaw is nice, but there needs to be some means to deny it or to beat it.

Anti-war-claw siege weapon. Hmm. Maybe like a panzerfaust or a bazooka. Takes 1 supply to fire it. Does 5k damage. Can be re-aimed as quickly as a cannon, and works essentially the same way. But it takes supply to fire it. Alternate ammunition might create an area of goo that reduces speed of warclaws to 1/10, prevents their abilities, and prevents the users from dismounting (they're stuck in tar, after all, and STUCK to their mounts) (that should probably take more supply, like 5 per shot).

Just a thought. Perhaps a bad one.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019

@Tyyphoon.5301 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Tyyphoon.5301 said:
    Wow, Warclaw hasnt even been out for 1 month yet and its already getting nerfed to the ground due to fairweather and troll QQs. Lol. Might as well just rollback pre-WvW mount era and refund all our mount-related purchases. RIP.

I was hoping we would get mounted combat in the future...but wow, this just killed it before it even had a chance to begin.

What a way to squander resources that could have gone towards WvW alliances features.

Refer to the post above yours.

The only thing that will end up changing is that youre not guaranteed safe passage in a warzone anymore when travelling to your zerg, which is the way it has been since release.

Theres literally like 50 maps you can go too if you don't enjoy open world pvp.

Who cares about safe passage? Lol. I would opt for a true "open world PvP", not some instanced version of it like we do in GW2. Unfortunately, GW2 has the best combat system on the market to date (even after 6+ years!), so alas! here we are. I guess you selectively forgot to read my comment "Might as well just rollback pre-WvW mount era [...]". Thanks for your concern though. I shall go back to spawn camping mounted players like yourself that want to get back to their zerg. Ciao!

No I read all of your tears and this one too. Point still stands.
    Ciao!

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

edited March 23, 2019

What happens to people who do not have mounts? If there is going to be a method for mount->mount dismounts, shouldn't there also be methods for people who do not have access to mounts to dismount them? And speaking of no access to mounts, I see no mention of mount rental [please consider glider rentals too - just give a temporary one with cost like an hourly rental or an ugly default skin like default model character has].

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019

@Meviken.2054 said:

@Lonami.2987 said:

Integrate anti-mount measures in some siege weapon instead.

I agree with this. The Warclaw is nice, but there needs to be some means to deny it or to beat it.

Anti-war-claw siege weapon. Hmm. Maybe like a panzerfaust or a bazooka. Takes 1 supply to fire it. Does 5k damage. Can be re-aimed as quickly as a cannon, and works essentially the same way. But it takes supply to fire it. Alternate ammunition might create an area of goo that reduces speed of warclaws to 1/10, prevents their abilities, and prevents the users from dismounting (they're stuck in tar, after all, and STUCK to their mounts) (that should probably take more supply, like 5 per shot).

Just a thought. Perhaps a bad one.

I swear no one reads tool tips. Let me introduce you to the Balista and the Anti-Air Bolt. It's already there, just no one wants to make them cause not catapults.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

What happens to people who do not have mounts? If there is going to be a method for mount->mount dismounts, shouldn't there also be methods for people who do not have access to mounts to dismount them? And speaking of no access to mounts, I see no mention of mount rental [please consider glider rentals too - just give a temporary one with cost like an hourly rental or an ugly default skin like default model character has].

Again, this will not happen. They need to make money. If you want access to Mounts/Gliders (and frankly to be competetive as the elite specs are the meta) BUY HoT and PoF.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Cronos.6532 said:

Well, have you ever tried to find a trap in your inventory, toss it and then built it for supplies in the middle of combat?

That's why a dismount trap is pointless :p

When you have a need to dismount people, it's already too late to use a trap. Having it on a skill is really all we need.

Yeah, I use Tricks way more than Traps.

signature

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

You named the guild.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Cronos.6532 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Cronos.6532 said:

Well, have you ever tried to find a trap in your inventory, toss it and then built it for supplies in the middle of combat?

That's why a dismount trap is pointless :p

When you have a need to dismount people, it's already too late to use a trap. Having it on a skill is really all we need.

Yeah, I use Tricks way more than Traps.

Thief joke?

06210311 251521 121512

• Tomas.6092Tomas.6092 Member ✭✭

So, you create warclaw, make dummies spend gems on skins that they only going to use 1 out 5 from the package, and now nerf the warclaw literally to the ground, like evade length, jump after dismount, rather than fixing the tower/keep exploits, which were possible to do without warclaw for years now. Smart, smart. Can see when the lazyness kicks in.
    At the end, warclaw gon be literally useless and non existent. Kinda smart. People say warclaw is ruining wvw, so instead immediately removing it, you nerf it part after part until it become completely useless in wvw and people don't even bother pressing the mount button.

EU - Whiteside Ridge
    Tequila No Lemons
    [Kill] Gotta Kill Em All

MagSwag

• Uh... "avoiding fights is bad for WvW" just because you can no longer kill every one (who runs a group/zerg build and is at a severe build disadvantage against self-sustaining "roaming" builds) you encounter. This game is build wars not skill wars. Winning almost all your 1v1/1vX in WvW is most often not a portray of your personal skill. Many times it comes down to the builds of the players involved. Yes, I acknowledge the skill in crafting a very powerful build but every copy and paste meta roaming build is still at a severe advantage against copy and paste group/zerg builds. And yes again, many "group players" still aren't good at this game to this date so the lack of their skill also helps.

So while you wait for the change to be maid how about you try to adapt you "roaming" build to be able to deal with the mount as is. And another yes, this will lead to loss of sustain or movement because you have to deal quick 11k dmg to dismount someone. But I and everyone else know, that a skillful player can kill those very bad roamers aka group/zerg players in the 2 seconds they are stunned.

Personal anecdote: my gimmick soulbeast who has no right in the world to win a serious 1v1 fight can dismount and kill almost anyone with 1 single overcharged Rapid Fire despite those 3 mount provided dodges. The one safe profession is warrior with its automated "Oh Kitten" trait.^^ But you don't have to run a gimmick build to be able to deal with mounts just slightly alter your build if you want to have the advantage of an opening 2 seconds stun.

• geist.4126geist.4126 Member ✭✭✭

@Tomas.6092 said:
    So, you create warclaw, make dummies spend gems on skins that they only going to use 1 out 5 from the package, and now nerf the warclaw literally to the ground, like evade length, jump after dismount, rather than fixing the tower/keep exploits, which were possible to do without warclaw for years now. Smart, smart. Can see when the lazyness kicks in.
    At the end, warclaw gon be literally useless and non existent. Kinda smart. People say warclaw is ruining wvw, so instead immediately removing it, you nerf it part after part until it become completely useless in wvw and people don't even bother pressing the mount button.

I wish they would finally take on the issue that stealth is in that game. It's way more overpowered than the mount was/is/will be and still there is no really good counter to abuse of that mechanic.

• geist.4126geist.4126 Member ✭✭✭

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

Post mount: "We can't gank the mounted zerglings, none of them will dismount, fix this!"

At least the word "gank" is used here as it should be. It was never about "we can't get fights anymore" but "we can't gank/faceroll players that have non-ideal 1v1 builds on our fotm overpowered builds anymore"

The fun about this is when it comes from people that call themselves roamers but lose any 1v1 vs real roamers so they group up in 5-10 people and camp somewhere.

@KrHome.1920 said:
    Gankers and resetters before warclaw was introduced: "Play a roaming spec if you want to compete with our run away capabilities!"

Gankers and resetters after warclaw was introduced: "I don't want to switch my spec to longbow soulbeast to be able to deal with players that can run away."

That's some special type of human we are dealing with in this game mode, that is for sure!

@topic:
    Okay ANet, just nerf everything. I don't care anymore. The Division 2 has great mechanics too. But keep in mind, that the players who are complaining now, are the players that did kill the game mode during the last few years as they did make newbies, who were ganked 24/7, leave WvW before it even had the chance to attract them. And now we have population issues.

I don't see the big deal everyone is making...

Dismount skill means roamers can gank 1 person sure, but it also means a zerg could dismount a small group too.

Once the changes are in, nothing else will change, everyone will still be able to enjoy the mount and the extra mobility it provides.

06210311 251521 121512

• Vrath.1754Vrath.1754 Member ✭✭

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Medium to Long-term

• Working on a dismount trap
    • Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This may also dismount yourself. We're still debating that. Feedback welcome.

If you want players to be able to dismount others, the best and easiest to implement solution would be to reduce mount hp and amount of evades.
    Everything else might just be wasted time.
    Traps/tricks are way too clunky to use. A dismount skill which dismounts the user will grant a single dismount attempt - against a mount with 3 dodges, that can be spammed every few seconds - good luck landing that skill ... A dismount skill which doesn't dismounts the user, but has a lenghthy cd, leads to the same issue. A spammable dismount skill, which doesn't dismount the user, leads to an unfair mounted vs unmounted situation.
    Even players who don't have a mount or don't want to use it, should be able to dismount others.

All fair points, a player not mounted should be able to easily dismount another player. As any new or returning players will join and have limited opportunities to keep up with a zerg or engage in any fight that the enemy players choose not to engage in till they out number the new player. It will lead to a pretty kitten play experience. Unless they are all supposed to play an OP Soulbeast which practically every person that claims dismounting is fine, quotes as their reference.

Part of the goal should be to retain as many new and returning players as possible for the game mode. And Anet is clearly with their announcement of their 'welcome back...' week it's an attempt to get these players into the game. WvW shouldn't be ignored. The new blood is needed to balance out those that leave.

• Anput.4620Anput.4620 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019

The dismount skill could be like a hookshot, where you pull them to you and dismount yourself, like dragonhunter's pull but longer range.

A catchup mechanic should be here too as there is no real way to catch someone on a mount, maybe a leap that does not dismount you but only works when targeting an enemy mounted played, and it always leaps you towards them, or you know, make the mount swiftness walking speed, i'd actually play again then.

A trap doesn't sound useful as it won't really do anything if someone just turns around as soon as they see you comming.

Also, the mount shouldn't be able to contest any objectives, because people just dance around on it.

As a roamer i can't find any fights and the game hasn't been playable, almost all my friends have already quit but i am waiting to see what will happen.

What i would do is make the mount swiftness walking speed, keep CC immunity and remove the CC on dismount, halve the HP and make it 2 leaps that share endurance with your character.

edited March 23, 2019

@Karnasis.6892 said:
    I'm personally in favor of just leaving well enough alone. I get there are folks upset that mounts just make the game unfun for them, but if I'm trying to get to my zerg because I joined a rally or play session late and have to cross half the map, I'd prefer a way that I can without interruptions.

I'm all for fights but for me it's a time and place. Many many times I've been in that late join scenario and suddenly 3/4ths of the way getting to my zerg the first time and bam, thief jumps me out of no where, or a mirage, or literally anything. I've also been in situations where that happened multiple times BEFORE I've wasted 30 or 40 minutes getting to my zerg. Not being forced into combat because I have an 11k hp mount has been a Godsend. And yes I get that roaming has "died" because of mounts but roaming isn't just fights, though it's a good portion of it.

IF this goes through, I don't think 1200 range is healthy, especially if you are playing a build that isn't meant for roaming. I'd be okay if you have to get close as a risk vs reward system, if I have to get close there is a good chance I might take a hit if the opponent is faster than me or anticipating an attack. Like 600 range would be a bit more reasonable imo.

And before I get blasted, I UNDERSTAND how frustrating it is not being able to fight in a game mode designed for fighting, but the mount has made me more interested in WvW than before, as my favorite map is the ever hated DBL, but that map feels so much larger than the alpine (even if it actually isn't) that the mount just feels right there.
    Still not keen on a forced dismount skill however, but that's my opinion.

Your sole argument is that you don't want to lose your free out of jail ticket, how is this fair in any way? Even if you say you understand that people that just want to run and fight literally can't play the game anymore.

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

Medium to Long-term

Working on a dismount trap

Hahahahahahahah. Because traps are soooo useful and everyone uses them, right? right?

I can count on the finger of one hand how many people regularly use traps- it's hard enough to get people to build siege never mind set supply eating traps. As for 'stealth' traps, complete waste of space.

• @Anput.4620 said:

@Karnasis.6892 said:
    I'm personally in favor of just leaving well enough alone. I get there are folks upset that mounts just make the game unfun for them, but if I'm trying to get to my zerg because I joined a rally or play session late and have to cross half the map, I'd prefer a way that I can without interruptions.

I'm all for fights but for me it's a time and place. Many many times I've been in that late join scenario and suddenly 3/4ths of the way getting to my zerg the first time and bam, thief jumps me out of no where, or a mirage, or literally anything. I've also been in situations where that happened multiple times BEFORE I've wasted 30 or 40 minutes getting to my zerg. Not being forced into combat because I have an 11k hp mount has been a Godsend. And yes I get that roaming has "died" because of mounts but roaming isn't just fights, though it's a good portion of it.

IF this goes through, I don't think 1200 range is healthy, especially if you are playing a build that isn't meant for roaming. I'd be okay if you have to get close as a risk vs reward system, if I have to get close there is a good chance I might take a hit if the opponent is faster than me or anticipating an attack. Like 600 range would be a bit more reasonable imo.

And before I get blasted, I UNDERSTAND how frustrating it is not being able to fight in a game mode designed for fighting, but the mount has made me more interested in WvW than before, as my favorite map is the ever hated DBL, but that map feels so much larger than the alpine (even if it actually isn't) that the mount just feels right there.
    Still not keen on a forced dismount skill however, but that's my opinion.

Your sole argument is that you don't want to lose your free out of jail ticket, how is this fair in any way? Even if you say you understand that people that just want to run and fight literally can't play the game anymore.

Ya, man the sole reason WvW was made was so someone could run around the map looking for 1v1s. These towers and camps and keeps are just scenery. Even in your video 50 percent of the players fought you. This mode wasn't made to group up join guilds capture objectives or defend stuff just run around and kitten no one is playing exactly the way you want. Your not a thief or mez I give you that but you even complain about marked like omg im marked. I'm a dot on the map oh noes imagine a stealth class marked not in combat what can he do? Wp go in a diff direction no he's doomed. 20 players are converging on his location as we speak and will all get there b4 the 30 seconds are up and he couldn't avoid a sentry cuz they everywhere. Unplayable. Please. Players like you won't be happy unless a harpoon gun skill is added w half the map range pulls him to you wraps him up in a bow for you to fight.

@Manuhell.2759 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Why do some classes get to spam yellow aoe damage or infinite boons/heals while thieves can't?

• Karnasis.6892Karnasis.6892 Member ✭✭✭

@Anput.4620 said:

They still can, I haven't seen anyone not being able to play the game at all, does having amount stop you from engaging in fights if they are dismounted? Does it stop you from logging in and running from camp to camp or towers and potentially running into someone and attacking them? In my experience before the mounts were added people didn't engage unless they thought they had an advantage (be class or build or just that you didn't see them), the only difference is now is someone might be able to out run you. Or maybe, just stop using your mount and others might come to attack you since you "can't run away". You just have to think of ways to encourage folks to engage you instead of you always initiating the fight.

I'm okay with the mount the way it is, but if it absolutely added, it should just have a short range (600 range might be even to far, I like 300 more after thinking about it)

@Anput.4620 said:
    Why do some classes get to spam yellow aoe damage or infinite boons/heals while thieves can't?

Because thieves mostly deal with single target damage (and excel on it with small hitbox targets, i may add).
    Still, this has nothing to do with what i asked. You can do whatever aoe,boon or heal, but if the enemy can just go away at its leisure, they're useless.
    If it is bad for the mode, deal with it and be done. Force to fight and deny the possibility to flee for everyone.
    Let me tell you a story about the past. Engineer' turrets were designed to defend and protect an area. And dealt at it quite well. But since it was deemed bad for PvP, developers had no issue nerfing them and making them useless at it. They're still like that, utterly useless as far as being turrets go. A whole category of skills gone like that, for the good of the mode.
    So, even if they were to do the same to other classes for the good of WvW, what should the issue be? It's not like the first time it happened.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cronos.6532 said:

A wvw-specific inventory/UI is something many players have been calling for, for quite a while. Easy access to siege, shops (if you have the mastery) and tricks would be a big boon for the gamemode not only because it makes that stuff more readily accessible but it also helps to keep regular inventories less cluttered. If you want to take it a step further and allow players to hotkey specific items for on the fly use (such as traps or siege), even better -- but I imagine that would involve more programming than it would be worth.

A guy can dream. =)

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.