Aquatic Ruins Fractal Question — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Aquatic Ruins Fractal Question

Trying to reach the luminous plants in the deep end for the Sunrise Dawn III Collection in the Aquatic Ruins.

Everywhere I have gone it says its random for deep or dolphin path..

I have gone in six bloody times in Tier 1 and the deep path is not showing up.

Can someone confirm it is still random even in Tier 1?

Level of frustration is mounting into overload :/

Comments

• Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭

It took me 7 tries to get plant path instead of dolphin when i was doing that collection, myself. It is indeed random- but as always, a 1 in 2 chance doesn't mean you are guaranteed to have gotten both results after two tries. My personal worst streak with 50% chances happened on a totally different game- and that took 26 attempts before i got the thing, so yeah. You'll get it eventually, there's no way to manipulate what path you get to my knowledge.

• I've seen both paths in each of the four tiers. I'm not convinced it's 50-50; it might be 80-20 in T1 and 20-80 in T4 for example.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Chay.7852Chay.7852 Member ✭✭✭

Had the same problem while doing the legendary journey - can confirm that it is random. I even gave it up on one certain day due to too many dolphin paths i got and tried again next day just to get the deep first try. I was doing t1.

• Thanks all for providing me some hope! :)

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019

got it on the first try when i did it :lol:

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.