Warrior's Sprint

Punny.9210

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Rampage can be kited, what's your point? Why do you need to CC/Immob rampage when you can simply use z-axis teleports and superspeed? Some times you can even fight back if you new how to evade while attacking on most classes, it's an L2P issue.

Practice countering before you complain, or we're going nowhere. Literally I can understand if Warrior was an instant cast evade spam AI/pet class, but it isn't.

Rather than trying to imob the rampaging Warrior, or suggesting changes that'd allow an already easily kited primarily melee class to be shut down by just a single condition, i'd recommend dodging the rock, kiting, blinding, and corrupting the stability. If you know the Warrior is going to break the immobilize with up to 3 of the rampage skills, you'd be better off not wasting the time applying it while they're in rampage. That'd just be putting yourself at risk while blowing CD's.

@Punny.9210 said:it would be nice if this gets a very minor tone down on " Movement skills break immobilization when used "

either

1. adding ICD
  2. make it not including during Rampage. rampage basically can't be cc + immo because of this.

@Punny.9210 said:wow this forum is full of goldies huh

anyone on high tier know there is something need to be done to the braindead rampage.

for me i can take the dmg

Then this thread should really be about rampage, and not Warrior's Sprint.

Yes rampage brings a LOT of damage on a questionably short cooldown. Yes, that cooldown might need to be increased, and the damage tweaked on some skills, but in no way does that justify making Warrior weaker to immob in AND out of rampage, nor does it warrant the trait should function any differently in rampage.

A rampaging Warrior is not immune to CC. The stability can be corrupted into fear. Soft CC like blinds, chill, and slow still work wonders. And anyone running sigil of Annulment or any other boonstrip skills/sigils can strip away the stability and proceed the CC the Warrior.

And I mean, clearly anyone who'd disagree is a goldie scrub, but... if the high tier knows there's something that needs to be done to tweak rampage, and you can apparently handle the damage, then what does that make you?

@Mbelch.9028 said:

anyone on high tier know there is something need to be done to the braindead rampage.

Don't nerf a trait because of an elite. Nerf the elite. This garbage philosophy is what ruins builds and classes in the long run.

This x100...Please have a clue when you try to make a suggestion.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Don't nerf a trait because of an elite. Nerf the elite. This garbage philosophy is what ruins builds and classes in the long run.

Ding ding ding.

I've been saying Rampage has been a crutch since it got reworked. Its sheer power may be used as a justification not to buff other parts of the warrior class, because Rampage is way too overtuned.

I know as an engi main who occasionally uses Elixir X... I certainly don't hope for Tornado. :tongue:

6 sec exhaustion when removing immob. ez fix.

Jokes aside, this trait effect has been stupid since its inception (june 2015 trait rework), just like many, many other traits from that patch. Of course, Warriors will defend it to the grave just like others would defend their respective profession's broken traits.

It removes Immobile which is a condition and with the amount of condi cleanse how do you expect to work it in a build anyway. Also Rampage gives reduced duration on most cc all and all use dodge, block and blind and the only times i have been killed by rampage is when warriors use it as a sucker punch for +1 when your defense is down.And on another note @Quadox.7834 can you drop the mesmererer with the AI help and UI fights and make a useful Berserker build that is my challenge to you, just to give you some perspective.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Literally no build in the game ever gets this privilege. Every profession receives nerfs to both their core profession and elite specializations at the same time.

I don't know if its the trait per say. But Meta Spellbreaker at the moment is both perhaps the best 1v1 spec as well as having the best ability to disengage and reset the fight out of all the 1v1 specs.

Savage Leap and Whirlwind attack are both on short enough cooldowns as to be used twice in the chain without any delay in movement chaining. So with the meta magebane tether build:

Savage Leap: 600 UnitsWhirlwind Attack: 450 UnitsRush: 1200 UnitsBull's Charge: 900 UnitsSeismic Leap: 600 UnitsDash: 1000 UnitsWhirlwind Attack: 450 UnitsSavage Leap: 600 Units

= 5,800 units of movement in about 10 seconds.

Literally nothing in the game can hope to keep up with all of that when the warrior seriously wants to disengage from a fight except at thief and even then the meta SD thief needs to spend steal, shadow step, and then spend 24 initiative over the following few seconds to Infiltrator's Strike once and then switch to shortbow and Infiltrator's Arrow 3x so they'll be throwing away almost all their kill potential to do so.

All of these warrior skills are going to ignore movement impairing effects like chill and cripple by their nature as movement skills, and with Warrior's Sprint they're breaking immobilization every time. Heck DP Daredevil has to eat Exhausting for 4 seconds when it breaks immobilization.

When people hated on the original Sword+Torch / Staff Ineptitude Condition Mirage Builds because they were too capable of disengaging while being one of the best 1v1 specs they had about 4,950 units of disengage.

Phase Retreat: 600 UnitsSword Ambush: 600 UnitsSword Ambush: 600 UnitsDistortion Sword Ambush with Desert Distortion: 600 UnitsBlink: 1200Jaunt X 3: 1350

=4,950 units of movement speed.

And this build was considered game breakingly mobile for a 1v1 spec and it still didn't have as much movement capability as current meta spellbreaker.

Really, Warrior's Sprint and warrior's disengage potential were never a problem until they all started stacking sword+greatsword+bull's charge+rampage into the build at once.

Oh and one more thing, WHO USES IMMOBILIZE in 2019?

Immobilize is actually obsolete compared to just doing non-CC dependent damage.

Literally immob is so bad right now, flat out CC or easy to land damage is just better. You're saying you need to immob someone to escape? Really what is this 2013 where immobilize actually did something?

@BlackTruth.6813 said:Oh and one more thing, WHO USES IMMOBILIZE in 2019?

Literally immob is so bad right now, flat out CC or easy to land damage is just better. You're saying you need to immob someone to escape? Really what is this 2013 where immobilize actually did something?

Immob is free kills toward the end of fights after everyone is done jousting with their babby CD rotations. Negating dodge rolls is lethal on people without CDs.

That trait allows me to run Warrior builds that don’t use Sword or Greatsword. Like Axe/Axe-Rifle. Nerfing the trait would only push other weapons even further down than they already are.

Like was mentioned earlier, you kite rampage like you do all stances. If I can avoid dying from rampage with out a shield, 2nd endure pain, and hardly any movement skills on the Axe/Axe-Rifle weapon set on Core Warrior against Spellbreakers then with few exceptions anyone else can.

Warrior is the really the first class you should learn to beat in this game. In some ways it’s a litmus test before you can move on to other classes.

Kite the Stances, and deny the burst.

It doesn’t get any easier than that.

Pulsating immobilizations guarantee kills, it can also force a condi cleanse which opens up a window for more damaging conditions.

One of my favourite builds is Arcane Tempest, immobolising meteor showers can stack quite a bit of damage.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Pulsating immobilizations guarantee kills, it can also force a condi cleanse which opens up a window for more damaging conditions.

One of my favourite builds is Arcane Tempest, immobolising meteor showers can stack quite a bit of damage.

Also most players are WAY faster at stunbreaking than cleansing immobilization. Like by a lot. People are trained once they see literally see all their skills go on cooldown to stunbreak immediately. They're always far slower on the cleanse when it comes to immobilization.

@"sneakytails.5629" said:That trait allows me to run Warrior builds that don’t use Sword or Greatsword. Like Axe/Axe-Rifle. Nerfing the trait would only push other weapons even further down than they already are.

And it allows warrior builds that use Sword and Greatsword to be literaly the best builds in the game right now.

Like was mentioned earlier, you kite rampage like you do all stances.The best spellbreaker builds aren't using stances. Rampage is a physical skill. Even without its damage rampage would still be problematic in terms of how well it allows warriors to disengage fights let alone its damage.

Warrior is the really the first class you should learn to beat in this game. In some ways it’s a litmus test before you can move on to other classes.

Kite the Stances, and deny the burst.

It doesn’t get any easier than that.

Neither warrior, nor literally anything else in the game have remained stagnant. They have literally never been a "You must be this tall to PvP" threshold. Ever.

It's just kind of funny how all those spellbreakers who had solid but not godly win ratios suddenly became near undefeated on 1v1 testing grounds post patch, and how suddenly the top 10 on NA went from being 5/10 boonbeasts to 5/10 spellbreaker mains at the drop of a balance patch. It's almost as if gasp spellbreaker is now the best build to play as it is both strong against everything in general and especially strong against FOTM scrappers.

Archived