Vote on and suggest new PvP Match Manipulation leaderboard titles

Brendan.1309

I made a post in the stickied thread by Ben that had unintended consequences, the problem was...people liked it. It was removed and I received this message.

"Forum Moderator.4372 March 20, 2019Please refrain from making off-topic or derailing posts. Such posts are removed to ensure conversations can continue on their specific subjects. If you wish to share your thoughts, you may join an existing thread on a subject or start a new thread on any constructive new topic. Thanks for your understanding. Please do not respond to this message. We accept appeals only for incidents that result in an account suspension and not for incidents involving a minor infraction. Suspension appeals may be e-mailed to Forums@Arena.Net."

Personally, I could care less about any of the titles in PvP, I'd much rather get unique items, gold, etc. but I digress. I'll have to paraphrase the post because I don't remember precisely what I said.

"If we aren't going to punish those that have been caught taking part in match manipulation, how about we give them unremovable titles like this.

1st: God of Match Manipulation2nd: Legendary Demigod of Match Manipulation3rd: Immortal Legend of Match Manipulation4th-10th: Unyielding Legend of Match Manipulation11th – 25th: Relentless Legend of Match Manipulation26th-100th: Ruthless Legend of Match Manipulation101st – 250th: Merciless Legend of Match Manipulation"

As a reminder to everyone, calling out anyone by name on the GW2 forums is not ok (just put that on a different site) and if you have your own ideas about how Anet should handle match manipulation, feel free to share those too!

Hmm, why not just accept it for what it is? The competitive format for sPvP is inherently toxic because of the match making, point system and solo/duo Q restrictions. In fact, if you really care about the top sPvP tities and you are not executing some sort of match manipulation strategy, then you're kind of a fool.

If you really want a competitve title that means something, go for the best of the best title from the monthly tournaments.

I think its a really fun game mode and the gold rewards are great too.You might care more if the game mode wasn't so corrupt.

As much as people knock it, GW2 arguably has the best PvP out of any MMO out there. If it doesn't get more attention it's going to lose that and I don't want to see that happen.

Archived