Loading Screen at close range Waypoints

When the developers will change the range of the waypoints so the loading screens don't pop that often... given example will be Rata Sum... to port from one end to other, a loading screen will pop, but if you use the middle waypoint and then the other end you port instantaneously without the need of loading...also with raptor you can reach the two end waypoints with two jumps... so my question is why the range of waypoints hasn't change so far?

This is a rendering issue, and it has to do with draw distance and camera (character) position. Objects far away are not rendered on screen, they appear as you move closer to them. This happens all the time when moving around in the game world. But if you move too fast, e.g. via a waypoint or a portal, there are too many changes all at once, and you get a loading screen until the things that need to be rendered as per your new position are ready to be displayed on your monitor.

If only the loading screen would take longer when warping within a map. For me it displays my character instantly, standing in thin air until all environment gets loaded.

It would be a QOS to hold the loading screen until at least basic terrain is loaded.

On the other hand, I've noticed that the very first time I load into a map, it can at times take incredibly long waiting on model loading, this happens on congested areas and there we have the opposite problem: the client is waiting too much before displaying.

@Skotlex.7580 said:On the other hand, I've noticed that the very first time I load into a map, it can at times take incredibly long waiting on model loading, this happens on congested areas and there we have the opposite problem: the client is waiting too much before displaying.

Incidentally, these are the moments when my loading screens tend to end before they should and I can see myself in empty space for several seconds at a time. Most recently, this tends to happen in Thunderhead Peaks.

Moving to a new map takes longer, because I think the client loads the whole map's terrain and other map-wide stuff into memory, which doesn't happen again when you port within the same map.

@"Skotlex.7580" said:On the other hand, I've noticed that the very first time I load into a map, it can at times take incredibly long waiting on model loading, this happens on congested areas and there we have the opposite problem: the client is waiting too much before displaying.

That means your hard disk is slow, and probably also being made effectively slower by something in the background using it. The usual candidates are antivirus rootkit scans (although at least some AV packages will suspend their scans while a game is active) and Windows Modules Installer Worker, part of Windows Update on Win10. WMIW seems to be more rather than less enthusiastic when a game's running.

As with all "disks are slow" problem, the solution is to not have Windows and the game on the same physical non-SSD disk. (Two partitions on the same physical disk ==> bad. Two physical disks, one for Windows, one for games ==> good. SSD for whole system ==> better. SSD dedicated for games ==> better still.)

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Skotlex.7580" said:On the other hand, I've noticed that the very first time I load into a map, it can at times take incredibly long waiting on model loading, this happens on congested areas and there we have the opposite problem: the client is waiting too much before displaying.

That means your hard disk is slow, and probably also being made effectively slower by something in the background using it. The usual candidates are antivirus rootkit scans (although at least some AV packages will suspend their scans while a game is active) and Windows Modules Installer Worker, part of Windows Update on Win10. WMIW seems to be
more
rather than
less
enthusiastic when a game's running.

As with all "disks are slow" problem, the solution is to not have Windows and the game on the same physical non-SSD disk. (Two partitions on the same physical disk ==> bad. Two physical disks, one for Windows, one for games ==> good. SSD for whole system ==> better. SSD dedicated for games ==> better still.)

Sorry, not the case. SDD with Linux system, none of those background hogs. :P

The environment loads fast enough (it's playable within 2 seconds), it's just that the load screen shouldn't vanish before that minimal environment is loaded.

Archived