Buying Gems: Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later! - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Buying Gems: Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!

13>

Comments

  • Today at 02:17
    Hello,
    Your recent purchase attempts were caught in our payment processor’s general security checks. They are currently reviewing what’s preventing you from completing a > purchase and we will send you an update as soon as this is complete. Although it’s typically much quicker, this process can take up to 12 hours.
    We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

    So that's the reply i got at 2 AM (my local time). So.. since the 12h has passed I tried to do the purchase (was hoping that they forgot to let me know they fixed the issue). Sadly no surprises there - still doesn't work.

    I even looked for the 3rd party gem card resellers but almost all are out of stock and only sell 2k gems for ridiculous price.
    So the fun part is that when the items I was interested in won't be on the sale anymore I won't need those gems anymore. Like c'mon ANet... I know that 1 client doesn't make a difference for the whole company, but it looks like quite common issue affecting plenty of people.

    This situation is kinda annoying. I would expect to get the problem solved within hours, not days..

  • My issue has been resolved after contacting support. Whole process took about 30 hours. Good luck to those who still have the issue.

  • Same issue here, and there's no "support" link above/below. and the message disappears so soon, I have to take a video to check what it saids.......finally i got here......so funny, never know a company who has such a mechanism to refuse player's money. good job!

  • @slamwow.5738 said:
    Same issue here, and there's no "support" link above/below. and the message disappears so soon, I have to take a video to check what it saids.......finally i got here......so funny, never know a company who has such a mechanism to refuse player's money. good job!

    Of course there is a 'Support' link above and below. Scroll up (third from top left) or down (last one under 'Services').

  • still broken....

  • @talkIRC.4319 said:
    still broken....

    Did you contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below?

  • Wow, I can't believe this issue has been going on for years... Has anyone figured out a way around it to be fixed on our end before waiting for support to even respond with something that's helpful at all? A business that makes customers wait 12 hours or longer just to check what's going on is not good business.

  • @Mizerus.8461 said:
    Wow, I can't believe this issue has been going on for years... Has anyone figured out a way around it to be fixed on our end before waiting for support to even respond with something that's helpful at all? A business that makes customers wait 12 hours or longer just to check what's going on is not good business.

    Here's a post from the Lead GM, Dornsigner: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/b62066/any_fixes_to_not_being_able_to_buy_gems/

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Mizerus.8461 said:
    Wow, I can't believe this issue has been going on for years... Has anyone figured out a way around it to be fixed on our end before waiting for support to even respond with something that's helpful at all? A business that makes customers wait 12 hours or longer just to check what's going on is not good business.

    Here's a post from the Lead GM, Dornsigner: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/b62066/any_fixes_to_not_being_able_to_buy_gems/

    Led me back to just "send a support ticket". XD

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2021

    @Mizerus.8461 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Mizerus.8461 said:
    Wow, I can't believe this issue has been going on for years... Has anyone figured out a way around it to be fixed on our end before waiting for support to even respond with something that's helpful at all? A business that makes customers wait 12 hours or longer just to check what's going on is not good business.

    Here's a post from the Lead GM, Dornsigner: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/b62066/any_fixes_to_not_being_able_to_buy_gems/

    Led me back to just "send a support ticket". XD

    Here is the full post for easy reading here:

    [–]Dornsinger 10 points 1 year ago

    Not being able to buy Gems can have a great number of reasons.

    Your card is being rejected
    Your bank refuses the purchase as suspicious
    Our bank refuses the purchase as suspicious
    Your firewall won't load the store
    You have hit a spending limit that needs to be resolved with DR via support
    Your PayPal does not have a credit card linked and PP does not consider your account safe for the transaction
    PayPal refuses to allow the purchase based on their algorithm
    Rarely, there's an actual issue with the server connections (though then we'd have about 100 people contact us within the hour about the issue, those spikes are very quickly seen and solved)
    

    While I'd love to help on these, the best choice is always to submit a ticket to the Customer Support team. Make sure you select the support fields for purchase issues, not in-game, so that your ticket is with the right team!

    permalinkembedsavegive award
    

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • @TheQuickFox.3826 said:

    @Mizerus.8461 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Mizerus.8461 said:
    Wow, I can't believe this issue has been going on for years... Has anyone figured out a way around it to be fixed on our end before waiting for support to even respond with something that's helpful at all? A business that makes customers wait 12 hours or longer just to check what's going on is not good business.

    Here's a post from the Lead GM, Dornsigner: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/b62066/any_fixes_to_not_being_able_to_buy_gems/

    Led me back to just "send a support ticket". XD

    Here is the full post for easy reading here:

    [–]Dornsinger 10 points 1 year ago

    Not being able to buy Gems can have a great number of reasons.

    Your card is being rejected
    Your bank refuses the purchase as suspicious
    Our bank refuses the purchase as suspicious
    Your firewall won't load the store
    You have hit a spending limit that needs to be resolved with DR via support
    Your PayPal does not have a credit card linked and PP does not consider your account safe for the transaction
    PayPal refuses to allow the purchase based on their algorithm
    Rarely, there's an actual issue with the server connections (though then we'd have about 100 people contact us within the hour about the issue, those spikes are very quickly seen and solved)
    

    While I'd love to help on these, the best choice is always to submit a ticket to the Customer Support team. Make sure you select the support fields for purchase issues, not in-game, so that your ticket is with the right team!

    permalinkembedsavegive award
    

    Just to give an update regarding this, I tried it the next day after and went through just fine. Support actually did not do anything but inform me that it should be working now AFTER I have told them that my transaction went through. I have read that full article btw, but thanks for still pushing it to my face even though I said that NOTHING in that list fits where I'm having problems with.

  • Zaoda.1653Zaoda.1653 Member ✭✭✭

    I can't seem to buy gems either. Guess Anet doesn't want my money. Sent in a ticket, but by the sounds of it, doesn't really solve anything. I think I may have to resort to driving 2 hours to EB games to get enough gem cards for what I want. IF I can be bothered with that. I shouldn't have to go through any of this drama. No one should. If Anet can't even solve gemstore issues, or cheaters in WvW, how does this fill me with confidence moving forward with the End of Dragons expansion? I'm starting to wonder whether my money is best spent elsewhere with more competent companies.

  • Jinroh.4251Jinroh.4251 Member ✭✭✭

    I think I fall in the category of "Haven't made a purchase in a long time" so they disabled my ability to buy gems. Seems kind of silly, especially for someone wanting to come back to the game.

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What happens if you try again later?
    does it succeed then or does it instruct you to try again later. (Infinite loop warning)

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Serafina.8357Serafina.8357 Member

    Slapping a post in to say it's happening to me. I had an account compromise recently, but I've fully recovered it, and trying to snag the returning capes before they vanish.