WvW Scourge Guide, Tips, and Gameplay

RisenHowl.2419

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I rarely play my Power Scourge in WvW as I prefer Herald, but I'd started using the Rune of Fireworks once they came out in the festival, and found them pretty useful. Granted that was before the Warclaw, so maybe they aren't as useful now, but I hate running at standard speed - feelsbad.

It's kinda worthless when you have permanent swiftness in the zerg.

@steki.1478 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I rarely play my Power Scourge in WvW as I prefer Herald, but I'd started using the Rune of Fireworks once they came out in the festival, and found them pretty useful. Granted that was before the Warclaw, so maybe they aren't as useful now, but I hate running at standard speed - feelsbad.

It's kinda worthless when you have permanent swiftness in the zerg.

agreed

pack, ogres, and eagle runes are better if you're looking for a cheaper alternative to scholars. fireworks runes are great if you don't have a mount or access to swiftness, but that's a pretty small % of players

So 20min talking about builds? No commentary on the actual actions? Erm?Honestly, many don't care about the builds, many use what their commanders tell them to or what is listed in "meta".Only useful for minority who does theory craft or new commanders who don't understand the concept behind builds. Then again, plenty of commanders just simply copy from "meta" anyway or monkey see monkey do.

Anyway, actual gameplay while explaining on how to perform with reference to specific builds is way better as gameplay tips.

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:So 20min talking about builds? No commentary on the actual actions? Erm?Honestly, many don't care about the builds, many use what their commanders tell them to or what is listed in "meta".Only useful for minority who does theory craft or new commanders who don't understand the concept behind builds. Then again, plenty of commanders just simply copy from "meta" anyway or monkey see monkey do.

Anyway, actual gameplay while explaining on how to perform with reference to specific builds is way better as gameplay tips.

It's a breakdown of why each trait is chosen over others. There's a section in there as well on how to shadebomb, where to place it, and why you use those skills in that order. The last few minutes are showing gameplay where the concepts are put to use.

TBH anyone can roll their face over a keyboard and do well enough with scourge, so i didn't add in a commentary on the fights like i did with the other build videos. Shades, wells, corrupt, filler skills, and repeat doesn't make for great commentary

These videos are for the people who want to understand how their class works and how to get the most out of everything available to them. Sorry if that doesn't apply to you =D

@"SkyShroud.2865" said:So 20min talking about builds? No commentary on the actual actions? Erm?Honestly, many don't care about the builds, many use what their commanders tell them to or what is listed in "meta".Only useful for minority who does theory craft or new commanders who don't understand the concept behind builds. Then again, plenty of commanders just simply copy from "meta" anyway or monkey see monkey do.

If ur commander tells spike, press F1, than f2-f5 asap and some wells. Gj, uv just learned how to scourge.OH almost forgot, u also have to aim ur cursor at the place where ppl are standing

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

TBH anyone can roll their face over a keyboard and do well enough with scourge, so i didn't add in a commentary on the fights like i did with the other build videos. Shades, wells, corrupt, filler skills, and repeat doesn't make for great commentary

@Safandula.8723 said:

If ur commander tells spike, press F1, than f2-f5 asap and some wells. Gj, uv just learned how to scourge.OH almost forgot, u also have to aim ur cursor at the place where ppl are standing

You will be surprised how some scourge just don't do good dps because of how hard they miss their aoes.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:So 20min talking about builds? No commentary on the actual actions? Erm?Honestly, many don't care about the builds, many use what their commanders tell them to or what is listed in "meta".Only useful for minority who does theory craft or new commanders who don't understand the concept behind builds. Then again, plenty of commanders just simply copy from "meta" anyway or monkey see monkey do.

You will be surprised how some scourge just don't do good dps because of how hard they miss their aoes.

That's why I put in a section about where to place them and where to position yourself so you use the shade effect around your body to best effect

Throwing your aoes on the enemy Frontline is a waste, you aren't going to drop 10 fbs. Throwing your shade just behind the frontline while moving your body into the backlone though lets you hit and strip all the squishies for a nice fat spike

@RisenHowl.2419 said:TBH anyone can roll their face over a keyboard and do well enough with scourge...TBH, I've been playing WvW along with my first scourge for just a week now and I'm still trying to figure out the game play for both. So I very much appreciate your video. The shade bomb rotation advice alone will help me significantly. I had just been punching F1-5 in order but your rotation sounds much better. Your build advice also sounds very useful. At the moment my scourge has a full kit of celestial gear but you make a good case for going berserker. As a WvW scourge noob, I'm glad you posted this.

@Chichimec.9364 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:TBH anyone can roll their face over a keyboard and do well enough with scourge...TBH, I've been playing WvW along with my first scourge for just a week now and I'm still trying to figure out the game play for both. So I very much appreciate your video. The shade bomb rotation advice alone will help me significantly. I had just been punching F1-5 in order but your rotation sounds much better. Your build advice also sounds very useful. At the moment my scourge has a full kit of celestial gear but you make a good case for going berserker. As a WvW scourge noob, I'm glad you posted this.

Thank you, I'm happy you found the guide useful!

After you play scourge for a few months and get the muscle memory down it'll start feeling like you're rolling across the keyboard too lol. I'll watch a video of me playing a weaver vs playing a scourge and the whole bar is dark on scourge with things being put on cd as fast as they come off compared to just using fire 2/5 on ele and trying not to get hit

@Safandula.8723 said:

If you do it in this exact order, you already failed in the dmg rotation

@Nimon.7840 said:

F2-f5. You wont benefit from half of your most important traits as a scourge. ROFL.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

F2-f5. You wont benefit from half of your most important traits as a scourge. ROFL.

And ull still be effective enough, that's the problem

@Safandula.8723 said:

Its a huge difference. I wouldnt expect you to know how much it is, tho. Scourge hate is still abundant.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Its a huge difference. I wouldnt expect you to know how much it is, tho. Scourge hate is still abundant.

Cuz it dictates the meta with fb. Boon spam and huge shades area coverage are even more abundant than the hate. And the hate won't get down, unless these 2 classes will get reworks. I don't mean balance, cuz it's not gonna help, they just need mechanics reworking

@Safandula.8723 said:

Cuz it dictates the meta with fb. Boon spam and huge shades area coverage are even more abundant than the hate. And the hate won't get down, unless these 2 classes will get reworks. I don't mean balance, cuz it's not gonna help, they just need mechanics reworking

The only thing that's needed to tone down scourge is removing sand savant. Then take the icd off dhuumfire and buff barrier coefficients to balance it out

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

Pretty much. As you can see in 99% of WvW videos; gameplay footage is just more of a "Look how good/less medicore I am!"

The discussion is the only useful part.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

The only thing that's needed to tone down scourge is removing sand savant. Then take the icd off dhuumfire and buff barrier coefficients to balance it out

not sure if the only, but for sure thats something that sohuld be started with

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:

Pretty much. As you can see in 99% of WvW videos; gameplay footage is just more of a "Look how good/less medicore I am!"

The discussion is the only useful part.

I picked those clips mainly to show the burst potential and what order to blow your entire skill bar in XD

They were all from our raid the night before

@Chichimec.9364 said:

Just wait till you play support scourge. Things gets more complicated when you add in Transfusion. You def can't face roll the keyboard to play support scourge unless if you want to pull your team to their death lol I think the best way to practice without getting your teammates angry at you is to do it in PvE with your WvW build and learn the rotation so you can gain muscle memory. That's how I remembered the support scourge rotation.

Archived