Imagine a Rune that gives 15% damage modifier

XECOR.2814

and we would need this because we don't have enough power creep now, do we? ;P (irony ofc)IMO we dont need such a rune - schoolar gives you 10% when health is above 90%, i think thats more than enough. It would be a bit of work to reach the 45-50% but there are posibilies (necros can aply conditions to themselves for example or using some food which gives similar results)

I played a game that had something similar, well it was crit damage modifier, not pure damage.Running dungeons with those was hell of a fun and top tier entertainment in game.team composition was not to take full healing spec but off-healer that barely could heal tho had best offensive buffs (auras) in game.

@Chay.7852 said:and we would need this because we don't have enough power creep now, do we? ;P (irony ofc)IMO we dont need such a rune - schoolar gives you 10% when health is above 90%, i think thats more than enough. It would be a bit of work to reach the 45-50% but there are posibilies (necros can aply conditions to themselves for example or using some food which gives similar results)Your information on scholar runes bit outdated.

@phs.6089 said:[...]

@Chay.7852 said:and we would need this because we don't have enough power creep now, do we? ;P (irony ofc)IMO we dont need such a rune - schoolar gives you 10% when health is above 90%, i think thats more than enough. It would be a bit of work to reach the 45-50% but there are posibilies (necros can aply conditions to themselves for example or using some food which gives similar results)Your information on scholar runes bit outdated.

My bad - its 5% when above 90% and 125 ferocity - srybut in the end isn't it about the same?

@Chay.7852 said:

My bad - its 5% when above 90% and 125 ferocity - srybut in the end isn't it about the same?

125 ferocity is there regardless, only 5% damage above 90% HP, the runes got kinda buffed.

@phs.6089 said:

@Leo G.4501 said:I'd forsee people complaining that their teammate is healing them and messing up their damage.

Cus taking bit damage is hard? :)

Well personally, I see stuff like runes as perks, not entitlements so if I don't get my bonus damage because of some splash healing, it's because it was replaced with the perk of being less likely to be downed instantly from half health. Who knows how others would rationalize it tho.

@phs.6089 said:

125 ferocity is there regardless, only 5% damage above 90% HP, the runes got kinda buffed.

and that same patch the devs have already stated(although apparently that was in the post that came before the patch instead of being in the patch notes themselves) that they don't want this kind of gameplay which is why they changed all the runes with the procs for when you get hit

Damage is overall too high and the pace of combat is too fast to have "dance in the edge" mechanics.
We have builds with autoattacks taking down people in 1 hit in WvW. It's kind of insane.
The pace would have to be slower to have that kind of mechanic, slow enough that even glass cannons take at least 3 seconds to go down in a 1v1 fight no matter how hard they are hit.

@phs.6089 said:

@Leo G.4501 said:I'd forsee people complaining that their teammate is healing them and messing up their damage.

Cus taking bit damage is hard? :)

Because Sanctuary runes got gutted for nearly the same reasoning ? That being that putting an ICD on it made it unreward/reliable as it would proc on small heals and not big ones or ones you cast.

I have a different idea.How about a rune that gives you stats, but the percentage of it’s function crosslinear to your health.For example, the rune gives +0 at 100% and +50 at 0%.Now of course, you cannot be at 0%, but being as close to it a possible will allow you to fully draw out the runes’ power

Archived