5v5 conquest...is this all there ever will be?

Eddbopkins.2630

Is this it? 6 and a half years and we are still at the same place as day 1.Im already at 5k+ games of the same game mode. For my sanity i can not pull my self to do even a single one more these past few months.If theres not any pvp development going on towards new game modes and pvp veritity, can the developers say so....i for one dont want to be waisting my time waiting for something that will never happen.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:lol zog I always expect you to reply to these type threads.

Bro i like reality it's a nice place so why hide from it? lol I'd love something different but they said no queable 2v2 not ever already. :/

I must of missed that announcement. Reading that makes me really sad. I guess it is what it is, and what it could/should of been isnt going to happen.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:lol zog I always expect you to reply to these type threads.

Bro i like reality it's a nice place so why hide from it? lol I'd love something different but they said no queable 2v2 not ever already. :/

I must of missed that announcement. Reading that makes me really sad. I guess it is what it is, and what it could/should of been isnt going to happen.

Sadly it's what @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 has said multiple times. All we will ever get for que is ranked 5v5 circlequest with a unranked stronghold. Absolutely no plans for any innovation or change. Same playstyle for 6+ years till the end.

Might get some real pvp in the next game they make.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

Sadly it's what @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" has said multiple times. All we will ever get for que is ranked 5v5 circlequest with a unranked stronghold. Absolutely no plans for any innovation or change. Same playstyle for 6+ years till the end.

Might get some real pvp in the next game they make.

Can I get a link to him saying this? I'm really sad if this is true, how can they be so oblivious to the pvp community :(

EDIT: like how can they make multiple 2v2 maps, what do they have now 3?? and they dont want to capitalize on putting work into something no one will ever really get to experience outside of AT's? like im sorry, but i don't have any other game to play right now but conquest is driving this games pvp scene in the dirt, Is it because stronghold failed miserably? lame excuse if thats it.

EDIT EDIT: OK, i found the post of him saying it this is what he said"We still have no current plans to support additional game modes with a queue. The long and short of it is that we feel that splitting the population right now is really risky and could have a major negative impact on the game.

That being said, as mentioned in the Tournaments thread, we do plan to support additional game modes, to some degree, with event tournaments. The frequency of these tournaments will be determined, in part, by how popular these tournaments become. Our first special tournament will likely be a 2v2 tournament. I also foresee the possibility of Stronghold and even Courtyard tournaments."

he said this over a year ago, maybe they'll change their mind ?? even if it splits the population a little, wouldnt it drive people to come back and see what 2v2 is all about? maybe some big name pvpers will notice and try gw2 out for it. with WoW dwindling and the pvp scene in that game being almost a bigger joke than conquest.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: imagine having gw2 2v2 become the BNS 1v1 of the west? how dope would that be!!?

Gawd if they only went with tdm years ago and did everything from 2v2 3v3 5v5 and maybe more. This joke pvp wouldn't existSadly tho we will never get anything besides the boring crap pvp we have now. They had a chance years ago but such a drastic change or new addition would take them 3 years from now to work on with a tdm que.

I really don't understand the logic the devs are using.

The last game had an audience the did the PVE element but the also played the PVP, and the amount of variety the game had shows that it was popular.

Why would they put all chips into PVE when clearly they have had to change the business strategy and type to stay alive?

There are the believers that the company will recover and be better than ever (using old data and performance as proof), but the path the game is on does not build confidence in this one.

The PVE crowd can't agree on anything either.

If not PVP put a ton of love into WvW, holy smokes. Mounts for PVE.

Archived