Automatically Move into Skill Range? Or Move to Target?

To preface, I'm a long-time player, but I've recently had to take a break due to an injury in my forearms that has made it difficult to game. I've started to try to get back in the game by using creative control strategies - namely, voice recognition as a keyboard replacement, and a "head tracking" mouse that allows me to move the mouse by moving my head. It's been a struggle learning something new, but honestly I don't feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage in most aspects. Accurate movement is so far the hardest thing for me.

This works fine in-game, but the one area I struggle with is movement in combat. With my current setup, I basically say "Run", and my character will move forward until I say "Stop". In combat, this can be hard (I play all melee characters), as I have to either stand still, which doesn't always work well particularly if there are ground effects/knockbacks, or I have to constantly run while attacking which leads to me running through monsters/missing attacks.

Is there any way to get my character to simply move within skill range of my target? I know that certain movement skills will let me lunge, but those only work if they're not on cooldown. My autoattack key just attacks in place, rather than moving within autoattack range. If not, does anyone have any creative advice I could try to make combat a little easier as a melee class?

Archived