Auric Weapons Collection

Hello Tyria,I have some issue to understand something:I went to speak with the exalted mastery vendor in Tarir to see if I was able to buy some weapons to complete my collection. But, in order to buy them I need to unlock:mastery (which I have)unlock appropriate collectionMy question is the next one: how do you unlock a collection? Also, I have already 3 weapons in this collection... Help :'(Thank you

Thank you for you answer!I have one more question now though... Is it only when you unlock a collection that you have the chance to actually drop something part of it ?For example, if I unlock Machined focus collection I willl then be able to drop the pieces of this collection?Thank you

@Lumizz.3128 said:Thank you for you answer!I have one more question now though... Is it only when you unlock a collection that you have the chance to actually drop something part of it ?For example, if I unlock Machined focus collection I willl then be able to drop the pieces of this collection?Thank you

Correct.

That's generally true of most collections in the game: things specific to the achievement won't drop while it's locked (and most stop dropping after you obtain it). The exceptions are rare.

@Lumizz.3128 said:Thank you very much for your answers !

Quite welcome.

PS my general strategy is generally to unlock things as early as possible and then relax some. As long as stuff is dropping, I can progress at my own pace. Otherwise, I feel, I am missing out on opportunities. (It's not true in an absolute sense; it just makes it more fun for me.)

The title of the thread is a bit confusing. You mentioned the Auric Weapon collection and then you wrote about the Machined Weapons in your second post. These collections are completely separate things but both require you to purchase some items from the exalted vendor.

For the Auric weapons, you need to buy recipes for Exalted Weapon Cores, for each weapon in the collection. These are available once you can actually talk to the vendor after unlocking the mastery, which you said you have.

The Machined Weapon collection is unlocked by buying the corresponding Plated Weapon in Dragon's Stand. The items you need to buy from the mastery vendors on the 3 maps, including the Auric Weapon Shielding from the Exalted vendor, become available ONLY after the collection is unlocked, i.e. after you bought the plated weapon. The same goes for the item that drops from the Noxious Pods in Dragon's Stand. To minimize the effort of running around in DS, I unlocked several of the Machined collections at the same time and got all the drops during one meta event.

To answer your question simply, yes, the pieces for the Machined focus only become available to you after you unlocked the collection by buying the Plated focus in Dragon's Stand.

@MikeG.6389 said:The title of the thread is a bit confusing.The reason is that the OP was confused by what is needed and, to be fair, that's because the mechanics are confusing.

I know of very few people who didn't have some trouble figuring out how to make this work. (And this isn't the only set of collections to generate these sorts of questions.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@MikeG.6389 said:The title of the thread is a bit confusing.The reason is that the OP was confused by what is needed and, to be fair, that's because the mechanics are confusing.

I know of very few people who didn't have some trouble figuring out how to make this work. (And this isn't the only set of collections to generate these sorts of questions.)

I think the confusion in this instance came from the fact that the part needed for the Machined Weapon collection is called Auric Weapon Shielding. You'd think that's something you use to make an Auric Weapon... But no, the Auric Weapon needs an Exalted Weapon Core. Go figure. I think I was lucky with this because by the time I got to DS, I already crafted some of the Auric Weapons, so the Machined collection didn't really confuse me...

Anyway, I tried to be helpful to OP, I hope I managed...

Edit: I forgot to refresh before I typed my response, so I didn't realise I was late with it, too. :)

I was about to just repeat what MikeG wrote.Recipe: Exalted (weapon) Cores are to craft the Auric Weapons, and there’s no collection you need to complete to unlock the ability to buy these, only the relevant mastery (Exalted Acceptance)Machined Weapons (or their collection parts ie Auric -weapon- Shielding) are not relevant in obtaining Auric Weapons.

Archived