CPU vs. GPU usage

Hi all,I'm experiencing lower than expected framerates (30-40) with a 1060 GTX 6 GB card and I7 -8750H with 16GB Ram on my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop. GW2 seems to be CPU bound, and I can't figure out how to force it to use the GPU. I'm using Geforce Experience and GW2 is detected, optimized and run through that app. I've also tried right clicking the shortcut and selecting "use graphics processor". I've seen suggestions on the forums to disable the integrated graphics card, but I'd really rather not do that unless I must. Is GW2 really that badly optimized or is there something I haven't tried?

yeap, CPU bounded, like any other games, GPUs aren't used to calculate player positioning and damage counters

Strategy games like Civilisation is your typical example of heavy CPU usage.

GPUs are more rendering and physics calculation, like dropping a ball into a pond, the speed of the ball drop will be calculated by the CPU, but the ripple effect (animation physics) of the impact is calculated by the GPU

go to your graphics settings and turn Model Limit down to lowest

@bluberblasen.9684 said:its is badly > @"Arkenrath.4367" said:

Is GW2 really that badly optimized ?

it is!
best PC and still only ~ 50 fps in a large fight. . .

yeah, that FPS is achievable base on that many players in the video

but on a full map, like the Maws right after daily reset, usually drops down to like 15FPS because the maps are full

• 2 weeks later...

@MrFayth.3546 said:

@Maze.3825 said:That pc setup is pretty stellar but he has some of the most intense graphical settings off too.

Everything is maxed besides Native Sampling and characters.No. Reflections and shadows (as the most CPU demanding settings in the game) are completely turned off in that video. LOD and character model settings (all CPU intense) are set only to high.

That's basically running low/medium CPU settings on a high end CPU resulting in 50 fps.