World boss week

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:Won't join it anyway. Gold is not a really mandatory resource in this game, and I find World Boss fights - and any mass PvE events in this game - a boring, chaotic, disorienting skill spam fest I try to avoid at all costs.

@Voltekka.2375 said:World bosses? The 1-1-1-1-1 afk fest should reward anything legendary?No.

Have you two met? you seem to be playing different games.

@zityz.6089 said:Hey! I enjoy killing CoJ for the 400th time for my blues and greens thank you very much. I do work hard to watch those ledges.

I honestly believe instead of making it more profitable they need to think how to make it more fun, and less skill-spam fest where dozens of people run around chaotically, throwing skills at all directions and dying randomly, not even be able to see what's going on on the screen as it's cluttered with atrocious flashy effects completely. I would give such.. ergh.. gameplay a wide berth even if they would double its reward. After all, gameplay is why we play the game, right? Because if you just want to make gold, it's much more effective to buy gems and convert.

@Mea.5491 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:The 1-1-1-1-1 afk fest

I always think this is just a bad joke/meme because as an open world player, I use all of my skills. If I only used auto attack, I would get bored of the game in 5 minutes, lol.

It isn't. Even more than that: in my tests on golem I was often able to achieve the same DPS with autoatack I did by using other skills - assuming I was using them all, not just "most effective rotations". So, for a less than average player not playing their class very well, it may not constitute much difference, but certainly is much easier.

@Samuel.4812 said:Increased magic find and every world boss drops chest of legendary shards (1-2). I think it would get more people involved in world bosses considering their loot is paltry compared to the regular hot metas and such. Anyone like it?

There are already more people doing world bosses then there are doing bounties in Pof, and i've been doing world bosses for a good part of the AM, all were sucessfull with way more then enough players.

There was a Boss Week before when Tequatl was changed to what it is now. I think that was just Tequatl achievements, but they could redo the idea and bring something extra to bosses (not legendary stuff though)

I think rather than a week, they could go back to the original GW1 idea of weekend bonuses. Maybe double boss loot could be something they run every couple of months in rotation with some others

@Samuel.4812 said:Increased magic find and every world boss drops chest of legendary shards (1-2). I think it would get more people involved in world bosses considering their loot is paltry compared to the regular hot metas and such. Anyone like it?

Legendary Shard? You need only ONE for the legendary WvW backpack. And if you mean the value - it is 30 silver I think. You can replace it with a Shiny Bauble.

@Linken.6345 said:I would be happy if we got tokens to buy the manifesto after x anmunt kills of dredge commisar or ulgot tail or sam from ogre wars or all seeing eye etc to finish the treasure hunter collection.

I completely agree with this. I got the Rhendak Signet after almost 6 months of daily killing it. Not having the same luck with Sam. I had almost one year of daily Ogre Wars and after this doing this event 2-3 times per week, but no Sam. It seems he is not at home =)

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:Anything that updates their loot tables to make them exciting again would be a welcome change.

=) Are you sure? The last announcement with the update of the loot tables is not on my liking. I don't know if I'm right or not, but think at a change nerfing the loot table. Is this an exciting thing too?

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

Legendary Shard? You need only ONE for the legendary WvW backpack. And if you mean the value - it is 30 silver I think. You can replace it with a Shiny Bauble.

That’s a Legendary Spike. The OP is appears to be talking about creating a ‘shard’ of an LI from raids. Kind of similar to how WvW players get a grandmaster mark shard (1/10 of a grandmaster mark from the bronze, silver and gold last chest)

@"melandru.3876" said:why not give boss tokens (kill proofs) that you can trade in with a vendor?

like teq ascended box, requires 250 teq tokens.

it would still be a "grind" but atleast you get something, instead of that same loot for the 500'th time

500 kp or kick from my sb squad. Exp players only. Have to kill those portals fast for max efficiency . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@"melandru.3876" said:why not give boss tokens (kill proofs) that you can trade in with a vendor?

it would still be a "grind" but atleast you get something, instead of that same loot for the 500'th time

500 kp or kick from my sb squad. Exp players only. Have to kill those portals fast for max efficiency . . .

yes because world bosses you 100% need to be in a squad, and be fully meta.that, or just auto attack..this also works

@melandru.3876 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@melandru.3876 said:why not give boss tokens (kill proofs) that you can trade in with a vendor?

yes because world bosses you 100% need to be in a squad, and be fully meta.that, or just auto attack..this also works

or it was a joke . . .

Archived