Should Wells be changed? Suggestions inside.

SaferMurderweapon.7143

In the recent Scapper update, we saw Gyros get "reclassified as Wells". But instead of functioning as Wells do now, they move with you as they pulse in effect. I feel like this is a huge QoL change especially for not only people who don't enjoy ground targeting, but also makes it more viable in bad pugs where people don't recognize Well telegraphs and when to stand in them because you can simply move with everyone else. Although it does come with the drawback of not being able to place them from ranged.

Personally, I think it might be a good idea to experiment with something that actually combines these two types of wells into a new one. Instead of making Wells one way or another, give us more control over our Wells by allowing us to change how they function. For instance, if I place the Well at a distance, it functions as it does now. If I place the Well at my feet, it moves with me as Gyros do now.'

Poll option 3 correction due to autocorrect: "Allow Wells to function as either 1 or 2 depending on whether or not the place player is within the radius upon placement." Meaning that if you put it at your feet, it moves with you. If done at range, it remains stationary.

Honestly on scrapper what I experienced is the gyros die a lot. I enjoyed when they were gyros and find the wells visuals not as cool...but that they could die by damage or accidentally clicking twice and their delay in movement...while it was cute, it was kinda nerve wrecking and most of them were not worth it anyways.

On my necro I like the wells as is, they pulse and each pulse is kinda super worth at least the 'utility' ones and can be traited - the trait is good. And I rarely feel locked to any of them they feel like true choices of utility that is stats independent.

On my chrono...it's not that I mind wells being targeted (pbbly some are better if they are like scrapper though?)...it's just that now that sources of alacrity and quickness have been so nerfed on mes...taking two of them feels kinda gross.

Especially that they take a while to cast..then proc their actual full effect and even when they do their effects duration/cd is so awfull (not talking about gravity well). Aside from having to gear insane bd for them to just be ok...what about their reverse effect...how much expertise to make them relevant?? and if I was running condi...I'd pick them for that?? I dunno. I dont blame pugs for not standing in them they are so not worth the risk. If you miss the pulse that's it your whole build is obselete. Gross.

It's cool to have the tick tock boom idea behind them, I just think their boom lacks...the boom, their traits are not exciting. Maybe instead of wells heal...they are bigger...have a lower cd..gives both quickness and alac...they now..pulse the effects...meh pulses quickspeed...something attractive and not so niche (I want to say straight up useless even if i was a unicorn healing mesmer..id take it because whatever???). But then again mesmer tools have been so picked on lately that what should be the direction is kinda lost on me.

@kasoki.5180 said:I like this idea for more supporitve wells, like chronomancers well of action or recall. But not sure this would work well for offensive wells, especially in PvP

It's already working Well for Scrapper ;) . But yes, it doesn't mean it'll be a good change for all Wells since there are some that are great for putting pressure on points. They could be selective when they do it and only change supportive wells. That's kinda what this post is aimed at anyway to be fair.

@aetemes.2603 said:Honestly on scrapper what I experienced is the gyros die a lot. I enjoyed when they were gyros and find the wells visuals not as cool...but that they could die by damage or accidentally clicking twice and their delay in movement...while it was cute, it was kinda nerve wrecking and most of them were not worth it anyways.

They don't die anymore. They changed Gyros from being what was basically drone turrets to what they are now.

@"Rexts.8037" said:Gyro "Wells" is not a new thing, Berserker already got it since 2015.

They are as of March 5th. See patch notes.

Well should be static because it is Well.

We can simply rename the wells that would benefit from this such as Chrono wells to something else and leave other wells alone. No need to get in our own way in favor of semantics.

Archived