sigil of x

any chance that those dungeon, or creature-type sigils get a rework, or a simplified version?i do get it, that for those who want to put in the extra effort, and squeeze out that extra +5% dmg it is rewarding, it's also annoying!

i play pbs, cds when i have to use. core war, berserker or spellbreaker again according to what i have tomy bag is allready filled with gear, different food, different weapons, trinkets and add to that all those sigils and different rune sets...well 240 inventory slots are easy full.and yes, i have all 3 permanent salvage kit, but that's not really the issue.

then again, what sigil did i leave in what weapon: also happens alot because i have to change alot.

what about a toggable sigil slot? probably not the best idea as that could mess with the economy...

what about a "superior sigil of dungeoneering" or whatever that combines multiple dungeon/slaying sigils and instead of give +3% +7% gives +3%+4% it would be weaker then now, but it would save inventory space

what ya think?

@"Linken.6345" said:Aint that what Superior Sigil of Force is for to save you inventory space.

force is +5%, night is +3+7% in like 3 or 4 fractals you take night over force. so there you allready swap a sigil-cliffside frac boss is a "outlaw" so normally you use sigil of justice for +3%+7%-volcanic frac boss is night fight, so again no force sigil + end boss is a demon so you take sigil of demon for +3%+7%. difference is allready 10% here-etc etc etc https://snowcrows.com/potions/fractals/

dungeoneering(i call them that because you get them from dungeons/dungeon exotics) gives also +3% +7%

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Given how much easier power creep has made dungeons already I think this is a waste of time.

Did an Arah run today since an eternity ago and it was much easier than back in the day despite at least 4 of us fumbling our way through it.

dungeons are not the issue, because who even still do them, dungeons have been dead, buried and long forgotten.the dungeon sigils still have their use in fractals, not in raids.

i allways find it hilarious when people want to mimic "meta" so hard but then they run without food and oil, and without the min-max sigilswhat exactly do you try to achieve? results will be miles offbut oh dare bringing a differerent character (even tho my quickbrand + renegade friend is miles better then druid+chrono) then suddenly it becomes riot

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Okay and why exactly does fractals need to be made easier?

why do i have to explain this, again?where does it say i want fractals to be made easier?

my final attempt in making it clear to you:

core warrior, bannerslave.axe+axe and mace+mace.

mace 1 superior sigil of paralyzation to aid the ccmace 2 superior sigil of severance, +250 ferocity and precision on breakbars

NOW IT COMES

axe 1 superior sigil of forceaxe 2 superior sigil of impact.

based on what fractal it is (day/night) force gets replaced.say it is day, but you fight in cliffside fractal against the last boss (which is an outlaw) you would be "stupid" to not use superior sigil of justice (+3% + +7%, compared to +5%) instead of superior sigil of force

that is literally in game allready, these results can be achieved (and i do) where do i ask fractals, to be made easier??

all that is being asked, is if this sigil swapping can be simplified. with their change (upcomming now 26/3) they are adressing inventory clutter, hence their unidentified gear change. so they acknowledge the issues off inventory clutter

because inventory clutter is still an major annoyance.

i have 3 gear sets. full berserker for power dps. full viper for condi dps. full marauder for wvw. that also means i have 5 trinkets of each (i have aurora). that also means that i need multiple weapons. 2 axes 2 maces 1 hammer 1 greatsword 1 sword 1 torch 1 longbow 1 shield to be "viable" in every game mode.legendary gear, which i soon have might be a "solution" but then you would still need to carry 3 stacks of runes.that would also mean that every +x stat +x ar infusion is not optimised anymore. condi infusions on a core power build? oh the joy!

yes one could use a bank, but some of us have more then 1 optimized character. some people can play more then 1 role. add to that the banners/boosters/legendary gifts and you name it that allready fills up bank space..and you bank will be full up fast if you have to deposit anything for the sake of it

@robertthebard.8150 said:Here's a thought, why not have different weapons with these sigils already in them, so you can swap to it when you want it, and no, I don't mean just weapon swapping, but simply changing to the weapon you know you're going to need before the fight.

so having 8 different axes with 8 different sigils in them? what exactly would this solve from having 1 equiped axe with 8 sigils in inventory?

It would be nice to get those combined into one but imo you making things more complicated then they are.Changing sigils for each fractal/boss is something I would understand in old MMOs that had announcement 'party lead by X hit new record on dungeon Y, clear time 3m23s'but fractals? ummmh

@melandru.3876 said:

@robertthebard.8150 said:Here's a thought, why not have different weapons with these sigils already in them, so you can swap to it when you want it, and no, I don't mean just weapon swapping, but simply changing to the weapon you know you're going to need before the fight.

so having 8 different axes with 8 different sigils in them? what exactly would this solve from having 1 equiped axe with 8 sigils in inventory?

No more sigil swapping. Isn't that your point, you did make a another post, immediately after this one, stating that that's the big issue, right? So I suggest how to nullify that issue, but it's not a solution to sigil swapping?

@robertthebard.8150 said:

No more sigil swapping. Isn't that your point, you did make a another post, immediately after this one, stating that that's the big issue, right? So I suggest how to nullify that issue, but it's not a solution to sigil swapping?

??

"what about a toggable sigil slot? probably not the best idea as that could mess with the economy...

what about a "superior sigil of dungeoneering" or whatever that combines multiple dungeon/slaying sigils and instead of give +3% +7% gives +3%+4% it would be weaker then now, but it would save inventory space

what ya think?"

comes literally from THE OP (mine) what part is confusing you

@melandru.3876 said:

??

"what about a toggable sigil slot? probably not the best idea as that could mess with the economy...

what ya think?"

I'm still remembering the last sigil update, that went "well". While I liked the changes, I was part of a seeming minority. I'm thinking that messing around with them more, especially reducing effectiveness for convenience, would be just as opposed.

@robertthebard.8150 said:

??

what ya think?"

I'm still remembering the last sigil update, that went "well". While I liked the changes, I was part of a seeming minority. I'm thinking that messing around with them more, especially reducing effectiveness for convenience, would be just as opposed.

yes and nothe rune and sigil rework patch was "interesting" lucky for me i had 70 stacks of superior rune of snowfall, bought them when they were 4c each, now they are a bit more.

howmany people actually use the dungeon/slaying sigils? i would believe i am part of that minority.everyone seems to use force+impact. night+impact or force+air.why?

• they either don't care about min maxing (you can win upto +10% dmg with the correct sigils, in the correct situations as allready explained. night+x slaying)
  • they either don't know
  • they either can't be arsed to swap back and forth every third encounter.

reducing the effectiveness from +3+7% to +3+4% would be a slight benefit over force, and be on par with impact.would this be a nerf? yeswould this appeal more people to change from force? yeswould this save inventory space? yeswould this solve the swapping back and forth? yes

that's how i see it

@melandru.3876 said:

??

what ya think?"

yes and nothe rune and sigil rework patch was "interesting" lucky for me i had 70 stacks of superior rune of snowfall, bought them when they were 4c each, now they are a bit more.

howmany people actually use the dungeon/slaying sigils? i would believe i am part of that minority.everyone seems to use force+impact. night+impact or force+air.why?
  • they either don't care about min maxing (you can win upto +10% dmg with the correct sigils, in the correct situations as allready explained. night+x slaying)
  • they either don't know
  • they either can't be kitten to swap back and forth every third encounter.

reducing the effectiveness from +3+7% to +3+4% would be a slight benefit over force, and be on par with impact.would this be a nerf? yeswould this appeal more people to change from force? yeswould this save inventory space? yeswould this solve the swapping back and forth? yes

that's how i see it

Some of what you see is either speculation, or wishful thinking, regarding appealing to more people. Unless you mean x% that actually does swap out sigils every other, or every third encounter. In the long run, rather than get the community up in arms again, whether it's justified or not, it's tons easier to just have a weapon for each situation. Maybe it's my old D&D days shining through, or my experiences in swtor, where I just carried gear around for when, or if, I had to swap disciplines, but it seems like putting less stress on the community for the sake of convenience is the better idea. That's how I see it.

I do like the idea of having a more condensed sigil that's just "You deal X %-x% damage while in Dungeons, Raids,Fractals.

I don't think that you NEED to go to this extreme of min maxing in this game period as strategy is not nearly as complex in comparison to say GW1, but for QoL options it's nice.

Dungeons are still fun though. Would be nice for them to add at least 1 new dungeon per xpac. I know fractals are much simpler to design for, but would be nice.

@melandru.3876 said:

@Linken.6345 said:And as you say for a tiny minority that really care about the few % thats gained yea it would be, but for others probabely the majority it would be a waste of developer resources.

for me all the cosmetic black lion skins are a waste of resource, but you don't hear me complain

Those bring in money if people buy gems to buy it with or keep gold value high on gems if people convert gold to gems further insentivicing people to buy gems for cash to convert to gold.Your suggestion make x number of sigils turned into 1 so afew players can spend less gold (+gems if not legendary weapons) and time to switch their sigils around.So activily reduce profits for the studio can you say how making this would benefit them in any way cash wise?

From a dev point of view witch one is the waste of their resources.

EditTo be fair I actauly think they should just remove all the slayer x sigils and day+nightIt would make it easier for everyone.

I always felt that such exclusively situational sigils (the slayer ones) were a bad idea. Once the mastery system was introduced, I thought it would be a good time to just eliminate those sigils alltogether and add mastery tracks for unlocking an account-wide permanent damage increase against all the things that had their own sigil before. To make it fair, it would need to cap out at a lower +x% than the old sigils had, since you'd essentially be double dipping on the buff with whatever sigil you did use.

@mtpelion.4562 said:I always felt that such exclusively situational sigils (the slayer ones) were a bad idea. Once the mastery system was introduced, I thought it would be a good time to just eliminate those sigils alltogether and add mastery tracks for unlocking an account-wide permanent damage increase against all the things that had their own sigil before. To make it fair, it would need to cap out at a lower +x% than the old sigils had, since you'd essentially be double dipping on the buff with whatever sigil you did use.

i like the idea of min max sigils + the min max oils.

example 99 nightmare cmsuperior sigil of force+ superior sigil of impact/air with meta food (100power + 70fero) with superior sharpening stone power equal to +3% prec +6% fero)

compared to

superior sigil of force + superior sigil of serpentslaying with meta food (100power + 70fero) with powerful potion of slaying scarlets forces (+10% dmg done -10% dmg received)

the difference in performance is to big to ignore, yet many ignore it. why? i allready gave my 3 guesses

@melandru.3876 said:

@mtpelion.4562 said:I always felt that such exclusively situational sigils (the slayer ones) were a bad idea. Once the mastery system was introduced, I thought it would be a good time to just eliminate those sigils alltogether and add mastery tracks for unlocking an account-wide permanent damage increase against all the things that had their own sigil before. To make it fair, it would need to cap out at a lower +x% than the old sigils had, since you'd essentially be double dipping on the buff with whatever sigil you did use.

i like the idea of min max sigils + the min max oils.

example 99 nightmare cmsuperior sigil of force+ superior sigil of impact/air with meta food (100power + 70fero) with superior sharpening stone power equal to +3% prec +6% fero)

compared to

superior sigil of force + superior sigil of serpentslaying with meta food (100power + 70fero) with powerful potion of slaying scarlets forces (+10% dmg done -10% dmg received)

the difference in performance is to big to ignore, yet many ignore it. why? i allready gave my 3 guesses

Ignore pls, wrong topic

or, what if those dmg increases somehow was merged with the "slayer achievement" and a permanent bonus.

you have 0 bandit kills? +0% dmg to banditsyou have 100 bandit kills? +1% dmg to banditsyou have 500 bandit kills? +2% dmg to banditsyou have 1000 bandit kills (achievement done) +3% dmg to bandits

then the sigils could be erased and you still get a tiny dps increase

Archived