Idea: Create a new item that upgrades passes

@"Daddicus.6128" said:Mistlock Sanctuary is the only lounge that allows you to go back to your original map.As noted, it's not the only VIP area with that feature. In fact, both locations that are "in the mists" offer that.

Create a gem-store upgrade to existing passes that adds a port to where you came from.They investigated the idea of offering "return to previous location" and weren't able to make it work, for a variety of reasons. The most important: each of the other passes is located in an existing PvE map. The game isn't setup to remember a PvE location.

It's not a matter of "300 gems per pass;" it's an entirely new mechanic that they'd need to create.

I bought the first VIP pass because it was a great value at the time. I bought Mistlock later, because it was a great value at that time. I see no reason that every VIP area needs to offer identical features, except for the basics: access to the main cities, crafting, the main vendors, and something special of its own.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:They investigated the idea of offering "return to previous location" and weren't able to make it work, for a variety of reasons. The most important: each of the other passes is located in an existing PvE map. The game isn't setup to remember a PvE location.

Almost right. There is another one out there that has its own instance: Noble's Folly.

What I'd love to see is a scroll book. Like we have for the living story scrolls.

@LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:Almost right. There is another one out there that has its own instance: Noble's Folly.The wiki seems to think it's contained within Noble Ledges. It's one of the few I never got to visit, so I can't validate.Either way, it's not in the Mists.

What I'd love to see is a scroll book. Like we have for the living story scrolls.That would be convenient.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:Almost right. There is another one out there that has its own instance: Noble's Folly.The wiki seems to think it's contained within Noble Ledges. It's one of the few I never got to visit, so I can't validate.Either way, it's not in the Mists.

No, it's not in the Mists, but you need to pass a portal to head into Verdant Brink. You can compare it with Sun's Refuge. That's also not in the Mists, but you can return to where you left if you use the Spearmarshal's Plea.

@LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

No, it's not in the Mists, but you need to pass a portal to head into Verdant Brink.

Do you mean there's a loading screen from Noble Folly to Noble Ledges and vice versa?

I suppose they could move the other VIP areas to their own instance, except that would remove one of the benefits for me e.g. I like that the Royal Terrace is part of Divinity's Reach.

At the moment the only pass I own is the Lily of the Elon, but the lack of a return feature doesn't bother me. If I want quick access to a bank, merchant or TP I to go back where I was afterwards I can go to the Heart of the Mists. (If I want to access them without leaving the map I can use one of the express items from login rewards, but I try not to use them too often.)

Anything else can wait until I'm done in my current map and want to go back to town or head somewhere else and then I'll either use the Lily pass or go to one of the main cities if it's closer.

I certainly wouldn't complain if it was added, but if it was a paid upgrade it would have to be pretty cheap to justify paying for something with a minimal benefit over the options I already have.

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:I am curious why you are suggesting people have to buy a whole new item to "upgrade" what they already bought instead of just asking anet to upgrade them to be more like the recently made lounge passes

Because they need new revenue. And, they need to get it by not violating their core principles (like, subscriptions would.)

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:They investigated the idea of offering "return to previous location" and weren't able to make it work, for a variety of reasons. The most important: each of the other passes is located in an existing PvE map. The game isn't setup to remember a PvE location.

Bummer. This probably means it won't work.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

I suppose they could move the other VIP areas to their own instance, except that would remove one of the benefits for me e.g. I like that the Royal Terrace is part of Divinity's Reach.

They would have to include a doorway to the city, but that would be pretty easy. After all, they already have a link to "cities".

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

They would have to include a doorway to the city, but that would be pretty easy. After all, they already have a link to "cities".

One of the benefits to me of the Royal Terrace is that it is already in DR. I don't have to wait out a loading screen to enter Wintersday, e.g.

@Danikat.8537 said:I certainly wouldn't complain if it was added, but if it was a paid upgrade it would have to be pretty cheap to justify paying for something with a minimal benefit over the options I already have.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a big cost. But, it would be something. Plus, it might generate a small number of sales of the tickets. I personally won't buy any other permanent passes, because I already have Mistlock Sanctuary (MkSy). But, if the other passes included (or I could upgrade to) reverting map travel, I would consider it, and probably buy some for places I like to go to.

I had Lily of the Elon for a long time, but I didn't remember it. So, I always used MkSy. But, once I rediscovered it on a character, I started using it whenever I wanted to go to the PoF places, especially Crystal Oasis. I think I might buy passes for places in zones where it's more interesting to get to.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

One of the benefits to me of the
Royal Terrace
is that it is already in DR. I don't have to wait out a loading screen to enter Wintersday, e.g.

Yup, that's exactly why I proposed this idea. But, you guys are prodding me into a different idea: More lounges, in places where there isn't one now, but where one might be useful. If the price were right, I might buy a pass to the other four zones in the Crystal Desert, or for Silverwastes/Drytop (especially if the doors to the lounge opened to either SW or DT.) I might even be pursuaded to buy one for HoT zones, although that's not likely for me (because I despise most of the maps). But, it might be a bigger draw for players who like playing there.

(Never mind that it's financially silly when I can just port there for a few silver. Having the crafting tables, etc. would be a draw.)

@Daddicus.6128 said:Mistlock Sanctuary is the only lounge that allows you to go back to your original map.

Create a gem-store upgrade to existing passes that adds a port to where you came from.

So you want to pay extra for ANet to fix something that should have been done by now for free?How I see it, as all passes cost the same, they should offer the same. Granted, not all passes were released at the same time so later passes have more QoL functionality, but that should mean that old passes are either updated to be on par with the newer ones or be sold at a lower price if they're not changed.

@lokh.2695 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:Mistlock Sanctuary is the only lounge that allows you to go back to your original map.

Create a gem-store upgrade to existing passes that adds a port to where you came from.

So you want to pay extra for ANet to fix something that should have been done by now for free?How I see it, as all passes cost the same, they should offer the same. Granted, not all passes were released at the same time so later passes have more QoL functionality, but that should mean that old passes are either updated to be on par with the newer ones or be sold at a lower price if they're not changed.

You are correct. However, I'm also thinking of their revenue stream. IMO, they need more money, and this is one way to get it.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

You are correct. However, I'm also thinking of their revenue stream. IMO, they need more money, and this is one way to get it.

You are grasping at straws to try and find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Archived