Even the scourge!

For one, Necro's in general still leave a bad taste so no surprise if people still have a slight stigma against the class and its variants.

But yeah, as Draco mentioned, some bosses/encounters aren't best tackled by condi. More so, the static [placement] nature of the class may make it less worthwhile to use in more mobile situations: "Sorry guys, I left my DPS behind".

However, they do offer great support. I will happily lump with a Necro so that I get this nice shiny barrier and condi cleanse. On top of that they offer a good deal of support options without sacrificing much, if any, damage potential.

@Draco.9480 said:it's only a condi dps build now and not all bosses are in favor of condi builds. ya need another class that have power build that ya can switch between bosses.

To me i believe the reaper can do good especially My reaper got unique build for healing and in fractals usually i carry high level player just because i run this build

This game not all about the dbs though

Whats bothered me is they act like if you are not the class they ask for. The run will faild

To me as fractals player its doesn't matter who will gonna join as long as am not disconnected or lagged or something else i can say it with full mouth is i can make the barty win

How they doesn't accept one player who played with one class different than what they want

????we want farm gold too

@Draco.9480 said:it's only a condi dps build now and not all bosses are in favor of condi builds. ya need another class that have power build that ya can switch between bosses.

That's a load of horsecrap. There's not a single boss that can't be handled trivially by condi classes. This kind of min max is beyond stupid.

Scourge is ridiculously strong on top of having access to barrier which is basically like having another druid in group but with way higher damage while preventing chip damage to the raid.

Only KC and Xera depending on your strategy may not be good for scourge but others are more than doable.

The reason why farms (I assume fractal 40) don't like necros in general is due to long ramp up time. What this means is that conditions that necros provide need time to pull off the big numbers. Power classes on the other hand have higher front loaded damage a.k.a burst. DH for example has a high burst but after the initial skills go to cooldown, their dps decreases rapidly. The bosses in fractal 40 are squishy enough that they die to one burst so the fastest way to get them down is to get classes with highest burst and necro definitely is not one of those classes.

Scourge is good at what it does but it's not viable for content where you want to burst squishy bosses down fast.

@savacli.8172 said:For one, Necro's in general still leave a bad taste so no surprise if people still have a slight stigma against the class and its variants.

But yeah, as Draco mentioned, some bosses/encounters aren't best tackled by condi. More so, the static [placement] nature of the class may make it less worthwhile to use in more mobile situations: "Sorry guys, I left my DPS behind".

However, they do offer great support. I will happily lump with a Necro so that I get this nice shiny barrier and condi cleanse. On top of that they offer a good deal of support options without sacrificing much, if any, damage potential.

People needs to grow up a littleAnd quit kicking because they want to win in the fastest way possible.

@NotOverlyCheesy.9427 said:Only KC and Xera depending on your strategy may not be good for scourge but others are more than doable.

The reason why farms (I assume fractal 40) don't like necros in general is due to long ramp up time. What this means is that conditions that necros provide need time to pull off the big numbers. Power classes on the other hand have higher front loaded damage a.k.a burst. DH for example has a high burst but after the initial skills go to cooldown, their dps decreases rapidly. The bosses in fractal 40 are squishy enough that they die to one burst so the fastest way to get them down is to get classes with highest burst and necro definitely is not one of those classes.

Scourge is good at what it does but it's not viable for content where you want to burst squishy bosses down fast.

Whats the gab in time between having burst power damage or having condi burst damage!

Its not bad thing to delay a bit in killing the bosses from fractals 40 its really nonesence to being kicked just because maybe 30sec delay on killing

@silent killer.5732 said:

@savacli.8172 said:For one, Necro's in general still leave a bad taste so no surprise if people still have a slight stigma against the class and its variants.

People needs to grow up a littleAnd quit kicking because they want to win in the fastest way possible.

If people want to do the content as fast as they can, it's perfectly acceptable. It's not acceptable that Necromancers doesn't have a build capable of doing high dps. Just as high as other classes.

@vicious.5683 said:

If people want to do the content as fast as they can, it's perfectly acceptable. It's not acceptable that Necromancers doesn't have a build capable of doing high dps. Just as high as other classes.

This is the real problemThe same people who doesn't want the necros because of the low dbs they kept crying about the scourge at the moment and about the death shroud with the second life barIf arent decided to puff the necro people may quit playing gw2 by judging from their current reaction about the scourge.

@NotOverlyCheesy.9427 said:Only KC and Xera depending on your strategy may not be good for scourge but others are more than doable.

Whats the gab in time between having burst power damage or having condi burst damage!

Its not bad thing to delay a bit in killing the bosses from fractals 40 its really nonesence to being kicked just because maybe 30sec delay on killing

First off, I'm guessing your not a native english speaker, but the words your trying to use in this thread are:gapdpsTo the best of my knowledge, dbs and gab are not words.

Second, your trying to run a condi necro build in fractal 40 farm? Yeah of course your getting kicked. The effigy is immune to burning. Any burning build is terrible for f40 farm.

@thrag.9740 said:

First off, I'm guessing your not a native english speaker, but the words your trying to use in this thread are:gapdpsTo the best of my knowledge, dbs and gab are not words.

Second, your trying to run a condi necro build in fractal 40 farm? Yeah of course your getting kicked. The effigy is immune to burning. Any burning build is terrible for f40 farm.

you are completely true except for the part . Im trying to run condi build in fractal 40Im not gonna tell you what i was running but i want you to try yourself. If you have lvl80 necro try to join any farm parties and tell me if you had a chance to say o/ ????And thank you for telling me about the dps and the gap words

@Surek.3056 said:

@thrag.9740 said:First off, I'm guessing your not a native english speaker [...]

It's a bit ironic giving crap to someone for not typing proper english when you yourself mistake "your" for "you're", don't you think?

Im not good im English but it was spell mistake by me i know about the "damage per second short slang

@thrag.9740 said:

you are completely true except for the part . Im trying to run condi build in fractal 40Im not gonna tell you what i was running but i want you to try yourself. If you have lvl80 necro try to join any farm parties and tell me if you had a chance to say o/ ????And thank you for telling me about the dps and the gap words

What farm are we talking here about?If its lvl 40 farm, it´s not a class thing, even DH´s and Ele´s get kicket here for doing low dps. (or there potato pc loading screens)Lvl 40 farm is only good if you clear it super fast, and the as you told above "30 seconds more to kill the boss" makes is a lot worse, and everyone would be better of doing other stuff (g/h wise)i doubt that anyone does this farm for it´s funfactor

@sigur.9453 said:

@thrag.9740 said:

What farm are we talking here about?If its lvl 40 farm, it´s not a class thing, even DH´s and Ele´s get kicket here for doing low dps. (or there potato pc loading screens)Lvl 40 farm is only good if you clear it super fast, and the as you told above "30 seconds more to kill the boss" makes is a lot worse, and everyone would be better of doing other stuff (g/h wise)i doubt that anyone does this farm for it´s funfactor

Can you explain why its too bad if its little bit slower i saw parties lfg for more than half an hour just to find thier "one chrono two ele

If its about the fastest way to finish it then why the waiting all that long..

Its not about how fast it needed.

Its all about the more fun they got from being able to dominate that fractal with the dps burstImo

@sigur.9453 said:

@thrag.9740 said:

Can you explain why its too bad if its little bit slower i saw parties lfg for more than half an hour just to find thier "one chrono two ele

Its all about the more fun they got from being able to dominate that fractal with the dps burstImo

Well, i rarly see parties in lfg for more then 5 minutes. in the waiting time one can do other stuff like managing inventory for example. you can easilily make up for the waiting time in a few fast runs.In an average 2 minute run, "a litte bit slower" means quite a lot. (=less gold)It´s not about the fun, it´s about efficiency which is the only meaninful variable in this kind of a a farm.

@sigur.9453 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@thrag.9740 said:

Well, i rarly see parties in lfg for more then 5 minutes. in the waiting time one can do other stuff like managing inventory for example. you can easilily make up for the waiting time in a few fast runs.In an average 2 minute run, "a litte bit slower" means quite a lot. (=less gold)It´s not about the fun, it´s about efficiency which is the only meaninful variable in this kind of a a farm.

I probably understood and maybe i can accept that

So you believe the necro needs buff to being able to do what other classes does!

And on other hand people will refuse that buff because its will be stronger in pvp ?

Whats the solution in your opinion?

@Surek.3056 said:

@thrag.9740 said:First off, I'm guessing your not a native english speaker [...]

It's a bit ironic giving crap to someone for not typing proper english when you yourself mistake "your" for "you're", don't you think?

Fractal 40 bosses are maybe immune, but you just been burnt.

@sigur.9453 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@thrag.9740 said:

I probably understood and maybe i can accept that

So you believe the necro needs buff to being able to do what other classes does!

And on other hand people will refuse that buff because its will be stronger in pvp ?

Whats the solution in your opinion?

Mhm, hard to say, necro/scourge ins´t bad for starters, yet other classes can perform various tasks better. In the end the communite/grp leader will deside whats best for the team.

Don´t get startet on pve/pvp/wvw balance, thats a whole other topic :)

In generall i have no solution for this.For you personally i would recommend to do other farms if your sole interest is making gold. There are quite some open world options where nobody cares what or how you are playing. Silverwastes gives good options for that. Or else, depends what you are farming for.

To me i believe the reaper can do good especially My reaper got unique build for healing and in fractals

I am completely flabbergasted why people would kick your characters. No, really. I can't believe why.

People don't kick scourges that are actually specced for DPS.

@Maunzi.3764 said:

To me i believe the reaper can do good especially My reaper got unique build for healing and in fractals

I am completely flabbergasted why people would kick your characters. No, really. I can't believe why.

People don't kick scourges that are actually specced for DPS.

They do or at least should for fractal 40 farms because scourge is not a good dps for that fight, due to the burning immunity.

@Surek.3056 said:

I spent some time thinking about this trying to understand why you think telling someone they are using the incorrect word is insulting. Still not sure, English is a tough language, when I was trying to learn foreign languages I needed help. There's no shame in it, if you think helping people is insulting thats your mountain to climb.

As for you're vs your, there is a plethora of reading material available to you, if you want to read real discussions about why apostophes shouldnt exist.

https://www.google.com/search?q=arguments+for+getting+rid+of+apostrophes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

@silent killer.5732 said:Its not about how fast it needed.

Its all about the more fun they got from being able to dominate that fractal with the dps burst

Absolutely, I would way rather wait longer to get a meta group and have fun, than to just plow through a bunch of sloppy kills. If I can't get a meta group, I will go do something else that is fun. Sloppy kills are fun when you first start doing content, but eventually the content is only fun when things go smoothly.

So we are doing this again?Why are those who are all about how the community is so very close minded and won't let them play the way the like always completely incapable of accepting that this goes both ways. Those guys like to play in a fast and efficient way, make your own party then if you are against this way of thinking.There are also many reason why someone might have gotten kicked rather than their class alone. I would not even surprised in the slightest if some of these guys complaining about how mean and elitist the community is got kicked because of their behaviour and attitude instead.

@Henry.5713 said:So we are doing this again?Why are those who are all about how the community is so very close minded and won't let them play the way the like always completely incapable of accepting that this goes both ways. Those guys like to play in a fast and efficient way, make your own party then if you are against this way of thinking.There are also many reason why someone might have gotten kicked rather than their class alone. I would not even surprised in the slightest if some of these guys complaining about how mean and elitist the community is got kicked because of their behaviour and attitude instead.

yea i have 10 full ascended gears characters and i have 10 different choices

I only got this character with full ascended and i want to farm gold just like everyone wantsAdvertising my own party bringing extremely noob and weak playersIts like rather gg every time or solo the bossess why advertise as necro while i know the good players thinks necro doesn't suit this farming method?

Archived