Are there plans for PVP and WvW or are the chips on Living Story and PVE?

Crab Fear.1624

I'll take silence as a no. If it's no, adios my friends.

What I mean is, there are many missed opportunities in GW2. I was lured here because it was supposed to be everything GW1 was but better. All I feel I got was jumping. Woot.

Little thing, let me dump my /rank on players I outplay as I see fit to glaot, not just in stomps

What else is there for them to do for “PVP” besides balance changes?

Conquest is /objectively the best format to promote combat without infinite kiting/running which is seen in top/high rankings on WoW Arena for instance.

The community has already shown overwhelming disinterest in PvE mechanics in PvP. I doubt they use more resources at this time to develop more of that.

@"JayAction.9056" said:What else is there for them to do for “PVP” besides balance changes?

Conquest is /objectively the best format to promote combat without infinite kiting/running which is seen in top/high rankings on WoW Arena for instance.

The community has already shown overwhelming disinterest in PvE mechanics in PvP. I doubt they use more resources at this time to develop more of that.

This "best" pvp game mode with the audience of a Free Willy rerun at a weekend matinee?

I don't doubt your doubts btw about development.

Conquest is essentially JQ or AB, and both of those in the previous game were considered PVE because of the same type of favoring builds you see in this beloved game mode.

I don't imagine I can be a top player, but I can tell you the game mode for many is "top boring"

No battleground is anything like conquest.

Conquest gives you extremely small areas to play in and for every second you leave that area you are penalized.

Gw2 PvP is not as popular as it could be because it is an ego KILLER to lose and nobody wants to get spawn camped in their fancy PvE skins.

Gw2 PVE sucks and is on farm immediately and all raids would have been on farm the second they came out by a semi decent PvP group if they were not (I didn’t keep up with it I’m going to be honest. Did raids one time with a group I thought was mentally ill and never bothered again). However people play it over and over and over all day like there is any point to it. People actually talk about “OPEN WORLD BUILDS” on these forums. It’s a joke, lol.

The dodge key alone makes this a PvP game. No AI can compete with it unless it’s tuned to be an auto loss from a numbers standpoint.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I'll take silence as a no. If it's no, adios my friends.

What I mean is, there are many missed opportunities in GW2. I was lured here because it was supposed to be everything GW1 was but better. All I feel I got was jumping. Woot.

Little thing, let me dump my /rank on players I outplay as I see fit to glaot, not just in stomps

Consider this: This game has been out for so many years and switching players in a PVP match still loads the new character into their PvE maps before THEN loading the PvP map. Allowing players to have a separate loadout has been left 75% implemented since LAUNCH since you STILL can't pre-set your weapons to be different for PVP. The list goes on, but the persistence of either of these taken alone is reason enough to see that Anet has NEVER CARED about improving any meaningful aspect of PVP.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:I'll take silence as a no. If it's no, adios my friends.

Consider this: This game has been out for so many years and switching players in a PVP match still loads the new character into their PvE maps before THEN loading the PvP map. Allowing players to have a separate loadout has been left 75% implemented since LAUNCH since you STILL can't pre-set your weapons to be different for PVP. The list goes on, but the persistence of either of these taken alone is reason enough to see that Anet has NEVER CARED about improving any meaningful aspect of PVP.

Hah, you got me there haha...Mind Blown

this game was released half finished and its still a struggle to catch up. im surprised its lasted this long, kudos to the gw2 team for keeping it afloat.its painful to watch this game slowly decline from all that it could be. there needs to be a serious change in decision making that probably wont happen.wvw alliances and pvp swiss tourneys are a really good thing, might be too little too late, too early to tell. pvp needs more modes, wvw needs better aoe.

Are there plans for PVP and WvW or are the chips on Living Story and PVE?Why is it you think anything has changed since 2013? ANet's been modifying PvP & WvW periodically, sometimes in line with requests, sometimes with their own plans. And PvE, the bulk of the game at launch, continues to be the emphasis, never the whole enchilada.

If you're expecting ANet to give you an exact time table or to make the changes you personally want, it's time to take a break.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Are there plans for PVP and WvW or are the chips on Living Story and PVE?Why is it you think anything has changed since 2013? ANet's been modifying PvP & WvW periodically, sometimes in line with requests, sometimes with their own plans. And PvE, the bulk of the game at launch, continues to be the emphasis, never the whole enchilada.

If you're expecting ANet to give you an exact time table or to make the changes you personally want, it's time to take a break.

If the game is an enchilada, PVP isn't even the cheese on the top, it might be the red pepper sprinkles.

And Old Anet, the successful ANet, used to give timetables and were relatively accurate. We got 2 years of SOON.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

If the game is an enchilada, PVP isn't even the cheese on the top, it might be the red pepper sprinkles.And how is that different from 4 years ago? PvE always gets more attention; sPvP and WvW get huge updates spread ages apart.

And Old Anet, the successful ANet, used to give timetables and were relatively accurate. We got 2 years of SOON.This ANet is more successful.And no, "soon" wasn't part of any sort of accurate time table. People's expectations were far off from what actually ended up in game. (People still are annoyed at some of the misunderstandings and can't let them go, lo these many years later.)

I'm not saying it's unreasonable to want more info or to ask for it. I'm saying that if your position is fixed on "give me what I want or I'm leaving," then it's time for a break. Go cold turkey for a few weeks and see if you really feel like coming back. Maybe you'll find another game or take up water skiing in RL and return in November, at which point we might have more news (and you can reevaluate).

The game is what it is; if you're not enjoying it, isn't life too short to bang your head against the wall because ANet doesn't follow your preferred communication strategy?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

If the game is an enchilada, PVP isn't even the cheese on the top, it might be the red pepper sprinkles.And how is that different from 4 years ago? PvE always gets more attention; sPvP and WvW get huge updates spread ages apart.

And Old Anet, the successful ANet, used to give timetables and were relatively accurate. We got 2 years of SOON.This ANet is more successful.And no, "soon" wasn't part of any sort of accurate time table. People's expectations were far off from what actually ended up in game. (People still are annoyed at some of the misunderstandings and can't let them go, lo these many years later.)

I'm not saying it's unreasonable to want more info or to ask for it. I'm saying that if your position is fixed on "give me what I want or I'm leaving," then it's time for a break. Go cold turkey for a few weeks and see if you really feel like coming back. Maybe you'll find another game or take up water skiing in RL and return in November, at which point we
might
have more news (and you can reevaluate).

The game is what it is; if you're not enjoying it, isn't life too short to bang your head against the wall because ANet doesn't follow your preferred communication strategy?

What you say is true..

Speaking for myself, When they said they would repoll on us on 5 man queue trial after a season, I expected them to do exactly that.When they announced swiss and alliances I expected it to be delivered into the game within 3 months, when it didnt happen I expected it within another 3 months... 18 months later, Warclaw and many other updates, I think I lost my expectations.

Archived