If you haven't played in the Super Adventure Box yet, give it a shot when the festival begins on Thursday. Those who like it... they can't get enough. You never know if you're among that group until you spend a little time there. (Full disclosure: I'm in the 'other' group, that gets dragged in kicking and screaming by friends who are in the first.)
If you've SAB'd already, you'll probably have forgotten the things most of us forget every year:
- Achievements are, as always, Account Bound.
- Buffs and unlocks, however, are character bound, so you'll likely want to take your "most experienced" character in, unless you want to start over.
- Consider bringing some (but not too many) baubles, so you can spend at the shops. (Experienced players can collect enough early on.)
- Also bring your continue coins.
- Inside the SAB, you don't have access to any gizmos, which means: no bank access until you exit.
Other Tips (added)
For first timers: profession and race are irrelevant; all characters are resized inside the box and use identical skills.
- Master the "dodge jump" (FYI ANet has explicitly allowed this to be done via macro, for those who have trouble managing the timing)
- The "infinite continue coin" is a big relief for some. Since it's 600 gems, many veterans recommended holding off until you're ready for Tribulation Mode or pursuing achievements.
- Favorite "upgrades" include the Bauble Purse (250 baubles from shops in World 1's third zone) and later the [Bauble Tote Bag](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bauble Tote Bag) (500 baubles, in a secret shop in W2Z3). These upgrade your 'wallet' to hold 500 baubles and 750 baubles respectively, well worth the costs.
Remind yourself which character has unlocked what at or at
- Tekkit's Guide (via GW2 TACO, an ):
Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"