HoT Adventures: Are they needed for legendaries, etc?

Currently there are a few adventures I will never get around to doing. So I was wondering if anything in particular was locked behind them. I do not need any Maguuma mastery points.

Missing adventures:Sanctum ScrambleA Fungus Among usShooting Gallery

I'm also missing gold for a bunch but not really sure if that matters.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

The wiki is unfortunately unhelpful in tracking this down, so I'm sure this list is incomplete.

Yea, it's been troublesome as a result. I also don't know what legendary I want in the future so I just wanted to cross some out.,

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:Sanctum Scramble (which I am totally incapable of doing) is needed for the Elite Spec weapon Glint's Bastion (the Herald's shield).

Yea I counted that out a long time ago. :p I just don't want to do it, and have accepted that fate.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:Sanctum Scramble (which I am totally incapable of doing) is needed for the Elite Spec weapon Glint's Bastion (the Herald's shield).

Yea I counted that out a long time ago. :p I just don't want to do it, and have accepted that fate.

That should be much easier now. After one or two time extensions and depending on when you tried it the requirement got reduced from silver to bronze.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

The wiki is unfortunately unhelpful in tracking this down, so I'm sure this list is incomplete.

Yea, it's been troublesome as a result. I also don't know what legendary I want in the future so I just wanted to cross some out.,I encourage you not to eliminate a legendary just because of an adventure.

I'm not a fan of the adventures. I've done them only to try them out and if required by a chieve. What I do is park a character at the start and swap to it when I have 20+ minutes. I then give it a try until I find myself grinding my teeth or pulling hair (or pick your metaphor). Some days that's one try; mostly, I've been good for 4-6 attempts.

If I'm not getting faster, I check out one of the guides (there are some really good ones out there) and, rarely, a video.

And it turns out that I can end up getting silver or bronze as required. The total effort is never that long; it's just spread out. I set no calendar limit on my attempt; just a "frustration" limit.

Yea, it's been troublesome as a result. I also don't know what legendary I want in the future so I just wanted to cross some out.,I encourage you not to eliminate a legendary just because of an adventure.

I'm not a fan of the adventures. I've done them only to try them out and if required by a chieve. What I do is park a character at the start and swap to it when I have 20+ minutes. I then give it a try until I find myself grinding my teeth or pulling hair (or pick your metaphor). Some days that's one try; mostly, I've been good for 4-6 attempts.

If I'm not getting faster, I check out one of the guides (there are some really good ones out there) and, rarely, a video.

And it turns out that I can end up getting silver or bronze as required. The total effort is never that long; it's just spread out. I set no calendar limit on my attempt; just a "frustration" limit.

I'll echo this. For whatever reason I decided it would be fun to actually craft a G1 precursor, and just recently finished Dawn, precursor for Sunrise.

Stage III of the process to craft Dawn however, has a collection that requires you to complete several jumping puzzles. I'm terrible at JPs, I suck at Super Mario Wars 2, and if it weren't for Mesmers, I'd have like 1-2 JP achievements unlocked. That said, I committed myself to trying it, and I surprised myself by getting almost all of them done unassisted, only requiring help with the Southsun Cove one (please go DIAF) and Not So Secret. Given those are likely the hardest JPs for core maps, I'm ok with not having done them solo. But I did feel some sense of satisfaction over having done the other 6 or so JPs by myself, with only the wiki to help me (didn't use Dulfy or Taco, cuz masochism or something)

I still have several adventures I haven't hit gold on, and while they are not on my "must do" list at the moment, I will eventually give them a whirl.

I have gotten through most of the adventures (all but these 3), and am for the most part more than over with them. You can indeed brute force your way through most adventures but for race ones the problem is a single fall and you get nothing. I would only consider them if there was something truly essential behind it.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:I have gotten through most of the adventures (all but these 3), and am for the most part more than over with them. You can indeed brute force your way through most adventures but for race ones the problem is a single fall and you get nothing. I would only consider them if there was something truly essential behind it.

That seems reasonable.Sounds like you've given them a fair chance.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:I have gotten through most of the adventures (all but these 3), and am for the most part more than over with them. You can indeed brute force your way through most adventures but for race ones the problem is a single fall and you get nothing. I would only consider them if there was something truly essential behind it.

That seems reasonable.Sounds like you've given them a fair chance.

Well thanks. I try, sometimes. =p

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:
  • Astralaria: Fallen Masks (silver)
  • HOPE: Fungus Among Us (silver)
  • Hivemaster (chak weapons) requires silver in

AlsoAstralaria: Ley Line Run (silver)

AND Wings of Gold as well.Astralaria was worth it.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:Sanctum Scramble (which I am totally incapable of doing) is needed for the Elite Spec weapon Glint's Bastion (the Herald's shield).

That should be much easier now. After one or two time extensions and depending on when you tried it the requirement got reduced from silver to bronze.

It is easier for most, I'm sure, but not easy for me. I can't even get bronze. Before someone says, "Well, you just do and , " let me say that I have tried it literally dozens of times. I understand how it works and what I need to do. If I don't rush I run out of time, and if I do rush I fall off and that's it. My method of coping is to tell myself that Glint's Bastion is ugly and I didn't really want it anyway (aka "sour grapes," lol). Maybe the next time my adult kids visit, I'll have one of them do it for me.

I've never actually finished the race, so they could make it 10 minutes for bronze and it wouldn't matter. ;)

My method of coping is to tell myself that Glint's Bastion is ugly and I didn't really want it anyway

Hey, that's almost the same as me. I found out Rev shield is crap anyways. :D

@ArchonWing.9480 said:I've never actually finished the race, so they could make it 10 minutes for bronze and it wouldn't matter. ;)

My method of coping is to tell myself that Glint's Bastion is ugly and I didn't really want it anyway

Hey, that's almost the same as me. I found out Rev shield is kitten anyways. :D

The Chronomancer's shield is pretty cool and I was able to get that one.

~Legendaries~

Astralaria: Fallen Masks, Flying Circus, Ley Line Run, On Wings of Gold

HOPE: Bugs in Branches, Ley Line Run, On Wings of Gold, A Fungus Among Us, Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle

Nevermore: Ley Line Run

~Elite Specs~

Bo: Bugs in Branches

Dark Harvest: Fallen Masks

Fix-r-Upper: Drone Race

Glint’s Bastion: Sanctum Scramble

Horologicus: Ley Line Run

North Wind: Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle

Wild Abandon: Tendril Torchers

Yadalir: On Wings of Gold

Yggdrasil: Beetle Feast

• 2 weeks later...

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:I've never actually finished the race, so they could make it 10 minutes for bronze and it wouldn't matter. ;)

Hey, that's almost the same as me. I found out Rev shield is kitten anyways. :D

The Chronomancer's shield is pretty cool and I was able to get that one.

Yea that wasn't too hard to get.

none of them requires gold, I so far still have not got gold for 5 of the HoT adventures

the issue I find it to be it's quite latency dependant on some of the adventuresi.e. Fallen Masks, when I jump on the jumping mushroom, it shows the ready to spring up animation for like 3 seconds and just stops, i have to jump again to spring up