Why is every class a Mesmer?

Ithilwen.1529

At this point the majority of classes can stealth, often better than Mesmer. The majority have very high mobility. Even the "slow" Guardian moves faster than a Mesmer. The Guardian brings stealth and heavy burst to the table too.

Just about every class bursts harder than Mesmer.

Every signature move of Mesmer has been either copied to other classes: Moa and Alacrity or nerfed to the point of uselessness Moa again and Portal.

I honestly think that ANET has mixed the classes and diluted them to the point of near meaninglessness.

I'm frustrated that I have to accept bringing a pocketknife to a gunfight if I want to play Mesmer.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:At this point the majority of classes can stealth, often better than Mesmer. The majority have very high mobility. Even the "slow" Guardian moves faster than a Mesmer. The Guardian brings stealth and heavy burst to the table too.

^ I actually agree with you here. Stealthing is getting out of control at this point.

Mmmmm not sure about that. Other classes are just now able to burst like a Mesmer. Power Chronos are still dominant in terms of bursting. They sit right at the top of the food chain in terms of burst, alongside of things like Berserker Sic Em Soulbeasts and Heralds.

Every signature move of Mesmer has been either copied to other classes: Moa and Alacrity or nerfed to the point of uselessness Moa again and Portal.I honestly think that ANET has mixed the classes and diluted them to the point of near meaninglessness.

You're right on that, but this isn't just a problem with Mesmers, this is a problem intra-class wide. Every class can do everything now. It's really killing the flavor of class individuality. Portal did need a nerf, but it could have been a lighter nerf.

I'm frustrated that I have to accept bringing a pocketknife to a gunfight if I want to play Mesmer.

Are you still playing Core Mesmer? Whether that is or isn't the case, I'd try swapping between Power Chrono or Condi Mirage, depending on what's in your team and what's against you. With a method like that, you should be able to optimize yourself to be able to counter players on the opposing team.

Once upon a time I thought I can bear all the nerfs from Anet to Mesmer. I persuaded myself that the damage nerf was ok, I could change to bunker; the cooldown nerf was ok, I could switch my weapon and skill set; the boon share nerf was ok, I could play solo, travel from point to point just to decap.

With these nerfs, I'm not as powerful as other classes. But it's ok, since I feel I'm still playing a mesmer. I have illusions and shatter skills. I have portal and fast mobility. But one day they nerfed portal and made it not viable in SPVP anymore. I found myself just a decent class with different type of summoned creatures. For me the portal is the last thing that make this class unique, but Anet overnerfed it. Since when did Anet learn Blizzard's 50% nerf method?

Thx god, only mesmer can blur, pop minions with their weapon skills and shatter those minions with their special mechanisms skills for different effects.Just like only thieves can steal bundles, only warriors have adrenaline to burst, only necromancers drain and spend life fore, only engineer use a tool belt... etc.

Mesmers have their share of "unique" effects and it's own unique gameplay. Ultimately anything else than the "special mechanism" is bound to be shared with other professions because of balance and "lore" (GW's class system used a combination of 2 professions so skills/effect were already bound to be shared)

I'm not a fan of Trapper Runes either. While I think it's fitting for rangers and thieves, I don't think DH should have that Stealth/Superspeed access.But Mesmer is one of the hardest bursting classes in the game. A Shatter mesmer can drop any squishie in about 2 seconds. Get the drop on a thief not using the passive, and it's bye bye thief.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:At this point the majority of classes can stealth, often better than Mesmer. The majority have very high mobility. Even the "slow" Guardian moves faster than a Mesmer. The Guardian brings stealth and heavy burst to the table too.

Every signature move of Mesmer has been either copied to other classes: Moa and Alacrity or nerfed to the point of uselessness Moa again and Portal.

I honestly think that ANET has mixed the classes and diluted them to the point of near meaninglessness.

for burst try crono

@Balsa.3951 said:

for burst try crono

OP refuses to play anything but core mesmer. This won't happen.

What?! Guardian and stealth? Are you referring to trapper runes? Cuz that DH build sucks. And if you have mobility issues playing Mesmer that is your problem it is not a Mesmer class problem.

Because it gives ALL classes a chance to do something against obnoxious evade spam classes like Mesmer and Ranger?

I am seriously hoping you are not saying "Mesmer should be the only class with burst and evade spam" to create an identity because that is just entitled. Monopolistic balancing like that is fail and you need to simply understand why ALL CLASSES have to do damage now.

I would be okay if Warrior, for example, was the slow telegraphed CC class but that would only work if there wasn't INSANE amounts evades and defensive cds so it HAS TO DO DAMAGE because playing an "identity creating" playstyle is pointless.

It's literally pick your poison, keep identity (but lose players because of garbage balancing) or homogenize balance a little bit while having SOME identity (Warrior does insane damage but because at least Warrior doesn't use annoying Phantasms/instant cast shatters or ranger pet EZ dodge baits for example, and is STILL A VERY TELEGRAPHED CLASS)

The latter is the lesser evil, and it would just be entitled to not understand why classes today have "mesmer level" of burst.

TL;DR WERE NOT PLAYING REAL LIFE, WERE TRYING TO PLAY A SPORT. Get that in your head.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:The Guardian brings stealth and heavy burst to the table too.

1) How does Guardian bring Stealth "to the table" other than Trapper runes which are almost completely useless to the DH and nobody uses other than Unrank fun time?

2) Mesmer is THE very best and strongest burst class in the game both power-wise and condi-wise. Being rivalled only by Scourge on the field of Condi.

Same reason mesmer got stealth and ports when those were thiefs thing no? I think u correct that mesmer shares a lot of skill types with other classes but not because their copied from mesmer but because mesmer when all specs are considered had one of the most bloated kits. It has burst,lots of evade frames, ports,invisibility,blocks ,invulnerability,ranged attacks,Wells etc etc list goes on. It’s not surprising there’s a lot of overlap with other classes,as if ur complaining about the state of mesmer lmao seriously.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Same reason mesmer got stealth and ports when those were thiefs thing no? I think u correct that mesmer shares a lot of skill types with other classes but not because their copied from mesmer but because mesmer when all specs are considered had one of the most bloated kits. It has burst,lots of evade frames, ports,invisibility,blocks ,invulnerability,ranged attacks,Wells etc etc list goes on. It’s not surprising there’s a lot of overlap with other classes,as if ur complaining about the state of mesmer lmao seriously.Ironically everything you complainted about is belong to a thief as well and he excell way better in these than mesmer except he doesnt have true invul .Delusional thief mains, lmao seriously.In fact alacrity was exclusive for mesmer then anet decided to give it to rev and later sigils,conversion ,boon.Portal was unique for mesmer and then in open world everyone got their own, then destroyed portal as utility to be trash in pvp and wvw because of whiny kids (as usual) .

@Odik.4587 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Same reason mesmer got stealth and ports when those were thiefs thing no? I think u correct that mesmer shares a lot of skill types with other classes but not because their copied from mesmer but because mesmer when all specs are considered had one of the most bloated kits. It has burst,lots of evade frames, ports,invisibility,blocks ,invulnerability,ranged attacks,Wells etc etc list goes on. It’s not surprising there’s a lot of overlap with other classes,as if ur complaining about the state of mesmer lmao seriously.Ironically everything you complainted about is belong to a thief as well and he excell way better in these than mesmer except he doesnt have true invul .Delusional thief mains, lmao seriously.

Wow u mesmers players wonder why u guys get all the hate lmao u go around saying the 90% of the community is wrong about mesmers being broken calling them delusional all while making ridiculous post making ridiculous claims that make u seem like ur the delusional one lmao mesmer is far more broken than thief could ever dream about while having all its strenths and more in its kit,lmao u mesmer players are just as much to blame as the class is for the hate it gets wow lmao by ur guys post u think mesmer should do everything any class can do the same or better or u whine like babies that it’s not fair lol well that’s not possible considering ur class can do everything so it obviously can’t do it as well or better than any class it shares a skill type with or I’d be even more broken op than it already is. Delusional? What a joke!

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Same reason mesmer got stealth and ports when those were thiefs thing no? I think u correct that mesmer shares a lot of skill types with other classes but not because their copied from mesmer but because mesmer when all specs are considered had one of the most bloated kits. It has burst,lots of evade frames, ports,invisibility,blocks ,invulnerability,ranged attacks,Wells etc etc list goes on. It’s not surprising there’s a lot of overlap with other classes,as if ur complaining about the state of mesmer lmao seriously.Ironically everything you complainted about is belong to a thief as well and he excell way better in these than mesmer except he doesnt have true invul .Delusional thief mains, lmao seriously.

Wow u mesmers players wonder why u guys get all the hate lmao u go around saying the 90% of the community is wrong about mesmers being broken calling them delusional all while making ridiculous post making ridiculous claims that make u seem like ur the delusional one lmao mesmer is far more broken than thief could ever dream about while having all its strenths and more in its kit,lmao u mesmer players are just as much to blame as the class is for the hate it gets wow lmao

Your post is 99,99% nonsense . You dont seems to get it . I understand thief mains are delusional as hell with victim syndrome. One day you will overcome that issue, be strong lad :joy:p.smaking ridiculous post making ridiculous claimsthats exactly what you did before I made my post :joy: :joy: :joy:

@"Khalisto.5780" said:i dont see any other class spamming illusilons all around, be happy

Ironically some (most?) mesmers want illusions gone and an illusionless spec.I know most anti-mesmer crowd (not saying you belong here) say stuff as "A.I. carried", the truth is illusions just cripple mesmer, they're dumb as heck and because of them mesmer sustain damage is pitiful.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@"Khalisto.5780" said:i dont see any other class spamming illusilons all around, be happy

Ironically some (most?) mesmers want illusions gone and an illusionless spec.I know most anti-mesmer crowd (not saying you belong here) say stuff as "A.I. carried", the truth is illusions just cripple mesmer, they're dumb as heck and because of them mesmer sustain damage is pitiful.

I'm not anti-class. Actually I spam the most easy win class, mesmer last patch, scrapper now. I'm just being ironic, and I don't agree with OP in anything but the mobility issue. I've always seen mesmer as the magical thief and it's not filling up that role right now. They could at least unnerf portal now that dmg isnt that big of a issue anymore.

@Alatar.7364 said:2) Mesmer is THE very best and strongest burst class in the game both power-wise and condi-wise. Being rivalled only by Scourge on the field of Condi.

Well that's simply not true, deadeye has a better power burst and many classes have a better condi burst, they're just not viable because of the powercreep of condicleanse.

@everyman.4375 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:2) Mesmer is
THE
very best and strongest burst class in the game both power-wise and condi-wise. Being rivalled only by Scourge on the field of Condi.

Well that's simply not true, deadeye has a better power burst and many classes have a better condi burst, they're just not viable because of the powercreep of condicleanse.

Sic em soulbeast also says HELLO but at first I decided to let him live in his world where mesmer best at evertyhing :P

Archived