What Build for HoT content?

Boogle.8204

Hi All,

New player here (no, really, many years on and off, but I still don't know nuffing!) and I'm entering HoT content with my Warrior now and was wondering what build should I make for it?

I know from experience with some other characters (primarily a Thief) that I'm going to need some more health, but what should I use for damage?

Previously I've been going for Power + Crit + Crit damage, and I know that Crit or Crit damage by themselves are not very good, so they always need to be in pair. Should I go for Vit instead of Power and then keep Crit + Crit damage? Or should I put Toughness instead of Vit?

Or how about Condition Warrior? Most of my other classes are all condition-based (Thief, Elementalist, Necro, Ranger), but Warrior doesn't seem like a good fit for Conditions? I think only a sword build can make use of Conditions with the bleeds, but that would leave me room to take both Vit and Toughness at the same time.

Any tips would be appreciated!

As a general answer; Metabattle.com has builds for just about anything in the game.

However, I can also suggest you this build I used with my warrior before I unlocked elite spec: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneBnUJCdegNeAmdgBigyCgIYA0v413C8E67RA-jRCBQBCU9nZpEsCHCA5pPAAPBAlo87YnAgFY+rI7PAA-e

You can always make changes in this build that might suits you more.

HoT areas are dangerous, so I made my build a bit more durable. People will say that you should only play "glass canon" build (which you are right now) and this is not bad, in fact this the best thing for dammage.

But sometimes a bit more defense can never hurt.

Trinkets are Knight stat and weapons and armor are Marauder. If you can't get Marauder, honestly Berserker is really good too.

Runes and Sigils are more utility than raw dammage, again, you can adjust.

In Strenght, switch to Might makes Right for more sustain if you need more, but you should have plenty already.

In Defense, Cull the Weak is what I usually picks instead of Shield Mastery. I use that when I extensively use the shield.

In discipline, any of the last 3 traits are quite good honestly...

Swap shield for another axe for more dammage.

For conditions, I'm afraid that Warrior is currently underperforming in that domain. We can take Berserker Elite and use the classic Sword/Torch and Longbow for the best of it.

Toughness and Vitality can be good, just make sure to not have too much so you'll be able to kill things. For crit and crit dammage, you're right though a bit sad sometimes; Power alone isn't enought as well as Precision nor Ferocity. You kinda need all 3 of them to deal decent dammage.

That's all I can really give for now. There are perhaps more experienced players out there that may have different opinions, but I have nice success with this.

@"Boogle.8204"I made a detailed reply on Warrior and other builds in the thread below, so you can have a read if you can be bothered to; it's quite long!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/865683/#Comment_865683I have a Core Warrior build there.You can put on gear other than Berserker, but putting on Toughness gear makes me reliant on passive defenses and having none makes me pay attention. Warrior has the most health and armor already, and I find it sufficient for most things. If you are still worried, you can pair Marauder with Valkyrie gear, if you keep crit chance around 50%, you'll lost a little damage in exchange for +40% health. That is what I would recommend for your Thief by the way, and if you still find its toughness lacking, try Marauder + Soldiers.I would not suggest Defiant Stance for easing into Warrior, because it requires knowledge of an encounter (e.g. Hero Point boss, all its animations) and good timing. I would say Healing Signet and Mending are both good choices, Mending for conditions.Shake It Off! and Brawler's Recovery are sufficient if you face conditions, and if not you can strap on Signet of Stamina which has a full cleanse.Frenzy can be replaced with Dolyak Signet or any other stunbreak, stunbreaks are valuable in this build because of Rousing Resilience, which heals you and gives massive toughness when you actually break out of a stun - do note the encounters which have deadly control effects that are useful to get out of.Cleansing Ire is great if you can consistently land your F1 Burst skills, but it does require attentive play from you to get the effect, unless you use a Longbow + Greatsword power setup (which is a very niche setup).

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/866408/#Comment_866408Further down I also discuss some of the playstyle and mindset I have on Warrior.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/867706/#Comment_867706And in this comment, I explain how you can set up your character to safely solo the Hero Point with the Frog on the bottom left corner of Verdant Brink.

Archived