[Video] High Crit Chance for Low Precission Builds Dagger Staff — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Video] High Crit Chance for Low Precission Builds Dagger Staff

shinta.8906shinta.8906 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 26, 2019 in Elementalist

i often see the idea thrown around that ele should get a lazy trait like core guard has when it comes to crit chance. and i allways said we allrdy got it.
i try to show in the video how u get it with a low precission build thats fairly easy to switch from whatever melee to staff as situations in WvW switch really quick.

Comments

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2019

None of these are very practical outside of 1-shot attempts at which point you can just take scepter and be a lot more effective.

D/d needs sustain otherwise it's dead to any roaming build. Air/arcane staff is good for small scale memes and I often use it to secure pile driver with arcane immob (and you use evasive arcana which is pretty pointless on ranged build), but it's terrible in large fights because most of your damage comes from fire skills and you lose like 20-30% damage from not using fire spec. Not to mention that lightning rod (easily swappable though) and defensive gear on staff is worthless in large fights.

• Weakness trait on weaver has 33% uptime at most (you still need to hit your dual skill) and is easily cleansed in big fights making it completely useless. It's pretty good in 1v1 though.

• Fury on aura is pretty worthless trait because you get enough fury from pack rune, minor trait (and in melee builds from arcane) or a nearby rev which is part of every zerg and 10% crit damage or superspeed traits have much higher value in that situation.

• Severance sigil can be good in some situation, but I find it unreliable and unnecessary most of the time since there's usually better sigils that are permanent (force, night or even impact).

Conclusion : the only trait that improves ele's precision is unreliable "superior elements" trait by only 15%. Everything else comes from pack runes (which are great choice in many builds) and severance sigil (which needs to have target interrupted, not just CC'ed) which is outscaled by many offensive and defensive sigils. So no, ele doesn't get anything meaningful in precision area (other than weaver GM trait).

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• shinta.8906shinta.8906 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2019

your reply is kinda lacking perspective. im not a raider in a setup. and im not a tower creep jumping and memeing on someone 5v1 on fresh air - who cares for those guys anyway? i come from solo roaming and smallscale.
    lets say you run into a larger scale fight, than i cant be kitten to change my gear to a min maxed point completly. i did this and most fights are over untill im done. i got tired of it rly quickly tbh. the staff zerg build u mention is dead in a second when roaming. dd is dead to any roaming build anyway cause it cant kill things esp on water and fa literally is useless in large scale fights that take place in 1.2 - 1.5k range AND roaming. fa literally is an inferior +1 build.

u have a valid point on the fury trait in air when on staff. than again i decided for now against it cause corrupts are a thing and im dependant on it.
    everything else u mentioned is pretty much in your own hands tbh.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shinta.8906 said:
    your reply is kinda lacking perspective. im not a raider in a setup. and im not a tower creep jumping and memeing on someone 5v1 on fresh air - who cares for those guys anyway? i come from solo roaming and smallscale.
    lets say you run into a larger scale fight, than i cant be kitten to change my gear to a min maxed point completly. i did this and most fights are over untill im done. i got tired of it rly quickly tbh. the staff zerg build u mention is dead in a second when roaming. dd is dead to any roaming build anyway cause it cant kill things esp on water and fa literally is useless in large scale fights that take place in 1.2 - 1.5k range AND roaming. fa literally is an inferior +1 build.

u have a valid point on the fury trait in air when on staff. than again i decided for now against it cause corrupts are a thing and im dependant on it.
    everything else u mentioned is pretty much in your own hands tbh.

So what's the point of having same build which is bad in 2 different types of content instead of having one, more defined build for its role?

If you die anyway on dd then why play it with so many offensive stats/traits? If you play small scale why bother with blob fights at all?

If you run in a bigger fight on any roaming ele build you'll be useless because that's how ele traits and defense mechanic are designed. Your role in blob is either glass cannon dps or heal tempest, everything in between is tagging enemies without contributing at all aka you'd be more useful by killing a dollyak or contesting enemy keep.

Having 2 gear sets or legendary gear as well as arcdps templates fixes all of these issues. Exotic gear is extremely easy to get anyway.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.