Didn't grab Itzel Poison Lore - I might be in trouble

So, I'm in Auric Basin, and notice that I've accumulated 8 free HOT mastery points over time. Not thinking much about where to put them, I drop all 8 into the last mastery on the Exalted Lore, finishing that one out. Then, trying for map completion, I decide to grab the mastery point in Burnisher Quarry. Drop down the pit, and die to the poison cloud down there. Then bang my head against the desk when I realize I needed Itzel Poison Lore to survive down there. 8 mastery points, it turns out, would have been just the right amount to grab both Blazing Speed Mushrooms and Itzel Poison Lore. But I spent it on some Exalted skill I didn't really need. Now I'm 8 mastery points short. Apparently I need this to get the last POI and HP in Tangled Depths in the Chak Stronghold as well.

I've downed a lot of HOT map mastery points already. Like 5 on Tangled Depths, 6 on Auric Basin, 8 on Verdant Brink... Where am I supposed to come up with 8 new mastery points? How much of a grind am I looking at here?

I did the same thing. But not to worry, there are tons of mastery points available.

There's the mastery insights - which you probably have already.There are also mastery points inside strong boxes on each map. Here is a link to Dulfy's page on the ones in Verdant Brink:http://dulfy.net/2015/10/30/gw2-verdant-brinks-mastery-insights-and-strongboxes-guide/I'm sure you can find the guide for the ones in Auric Basin and the other maps.

And of course there are the achievement mastery points, lots of them. You can see them all by pressing H and looking at your achievement tabs under HoT and then the desired map. You can get them for all sorts of things: doing event chains, killing bosses, taking part in the many map challenges, etc...

There are more than enough points in HoT to max out all the masteries. Not necessarily easily, especially if you have problems with Adventures, but you'll get there!

A couple sources that are easily overlooked:

• Have you done the Dragon's Stand Meta? Each lane have several events that give mastery points (via achievements). So do the meta at least three times - one for each lane.
  • Similarily, each lane/outpost of the Tangled Deapths meta offer one MP by doing all the pre-events.
  • I mentioned Adventures - some are much easier than others! Try them out, personally I find Salvage Pit (don't do it when it's a daily! Much easier when there's fewer people!), Flying Circus and On Wings of Gold pretty easy.
  • The various Strongboxes around HoT maps give a MP each, like the commune points, but don't show on the map.
  • Living World Season 3 offers more fairly easy points than the related new mastery track (Ancient Magics) costs.

In case it hasn't been obvious - the Mastery system is meant to be filled out over time going back to content you've done before to get more points.

And when you think you've run out of mastery points that you can get, create an account on gw2efficiency.com, plug in your API key (instructions are there), and datamine your account. Go into the account section, then the achievements, and select the drop down to only show unfinished maguuma mastery achievements. You will find tons you didn't know even existed.

Thanks for the information guys. Quick questions:

Does story completion grant mastery points only the first playthrough? I rushed my Elementalist main through the story and she's currently in POF content. It's my Mesmer character that's just completed the story in Auric Basin who I've been going for full map completion with and that character is the one who ran into trouble with the poison. If I just keep doing the personal story for the Mesmer, will it grant mastery points for her? I can't see why it would, since it would make it possible to "farm" mastery points that way.

Also, do LWS3 mastery points count toward HOT masteries?

Thanks again!

@"Irensaga.6935" said:Thanks for the information guys. Quick questions:

Does story completion grant mastery points only the first playthrough? I rushed my Elementalist main through the story and she's currently in POF content. It's my Mesmer character that's just completed the story in Auric Basin who I've been going for full map completion with and that character is the one who ran into trouble with the poison. If I just keep doing the personal story for the Mesmer, will it grant mastery points for her? I can't see why it would, since it would make it possible to "farm" mastery points that way.

Also, do LWS3 mastery points count toward HOT masteries?

Thanks again!

yes, mastery points from any story are one time of deal.yes, LW3 mastery points count toward HoT.

Archived