One shot ele pvp build?

TorQ.7041

Recently saw a 1 shot build on pvp. Wondering if any 1 knows it. I was on my warrior dodged 2 attacks went into blocks. Stunned immediately after and 1 shotted. Was pretty cool to see something never see before. I want to learn it never played ele before but there seems to no video or posts about it.

There are 2 oneshot builds I know of. Since you say you got stunned, I believe the player was running Sc/F Freshweaver (Earth/Air dual attack):

1) Sc/F core/weaver: There are numerous ways to one shot on this build with some attunement combinations preferred over others (on weaver) due to higher burst. You use dual attack and double attune to Air, use Scepter #2 in Air, then use Arcane Blast, making use of Fresh Air by using most hard-hitting skills after Fresh Air buff is procc'ed. This build can deal massive burst but lacks sustain compared to most one-shots. The build doesn't require any channeling (except maybe main burst, but it lasts the duration of instant casts) as it's burst comes from stacking insta-cast high damaging skills and the focus is quite good for as somehow temporary sustain.

• Trait lines: Air/Arcane/X. Weaver is more bursty/has more options because of double attuning, but a bit harder because of the attunements management.

Here is a sample of the build, you can manage stuff to suit your needs, but this would give you an idea: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Freshweaver

2) Another one-shot build is Sw/d weaver. Though I don't think this build would be hard to play against as dodging/interrupting the skill is quite easy (Churning Earth is 2s channeling time). It doesn't fit to your description as it seems the weaver was already in fight and not trying to catch you off-guard, but it's worth mentioning. If the weaver was running sword then they might have been in Air/Earth: they used dual attack to Float you, then swapped to Fire/Air to unload the damage from Flame Uprising, Ride the Lightning and Pyro Vortex. Also Fiery Greatsword hurts a lot, I one shot even warriors in WvW by using 4th skill.

• Trait lines: Fire/Air/Weaver, Marauder/Berserk, Scholar/Strength runes. You might have actually seen this build quite often.

@"Auburner.6945" said:There are 2 oneshot builds I know of. Since you say you got stunned, I believe the player was running Sc/F Freshweaver (Earth/Air dual attack):

1) Sc/F core/weaver: There are numerous ways to one shot on this build with some attunement combinations preferred over others (on weaver) due to higher burst. You use dual attack and double attune to Air, use Scepter #2 in Air, then use Arcane Blast, making use of Fresh Air by using most hard-hitting skills after Fresh Air buff is procc'ed. This build can deal massive burst but lacks sustain compared to most one-shots. The build doesn't require any channeling (except maybe main burst, but it lasts the duration of instant casts) as it's burst comes from stacking insta-cast high damaging skills and the focus is quite good for as somehow temporary sustain.

• Trait lines: Air/Arcane/X. Weaver is more bursty/has more options because of double attuning, but a bit harder because of the attunements management.

Here is a sample of the build, you can manage stuff to suit your needs, but this would give you an idea: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Freshweaver

2) Another one-shot build is Sw/d weaver. Though I don't think this build would be hard to play against as dodging/interrupting the skill is quite easy (Churning Earth is 2s channeling time). It doesn't fit to your description as it seems the weaver was already in fight and not trying to catch you off-guard, but it's worth mentioning. If the weaver was running sword then they might have been in Air/Earth: they used dual attack to Float you, then swapped to Fire/Air to unload the damage from Flame Uprising, Ride the Lightning and Pyro Vortex. Also Fiery Greatsword hurts a lot, I one shot even warriors in WvW by using 4th skill.

• Trait lines: Fire/Air/Weaver, Marauder/Berserk, Scholar/Strength runes. You might have actually seen this build quite often.

Awesome. Thank you so much. Will try those out. He was diff very squishy as I landed a hit on him when he was fighting some one else and it took more than half his hp. I was just surprised that he could one shot me after I dodged and blocked.

I think it's also due to my lack of understanding ele skills. Maybe he bated my dodges and blocks using skills that weren't the actual one shot since I just dodged when I saw an animation.

Never had an ele kill me so fast. It maybe sceptor then. Since it was ranged. I was killed before I even got within melee range.

@TorQ.7041 said:

@"Auburner.6945" said:There are 2 oneshot builds I know of. Since you say you got stunned, I believe the player was running Sc/F Freshweaver (Earth/Air dual attack):

Here is a sample of the build, you can manage stuff to suit your needs, but this would give you an idea:

Awesome. Thank you so much. Will try those out. He was diff very squishy as I landed a hit on him when he was fighting some one else and it took more than half his hp. I was just surprised that he could one shot me after I dodged and blocked.

I think it's also due to my lack of understanding ele skills. Maybe he bated my dodges and blocks using skills that weren't the actual one shot since I just dodged when I saw an animation.

Never had an ele kill me so fast. It maybe sceptor then. Since it was ranged. I was killed before I even got within melee range.

Definitely sounds like FA weaver with Scepter, yepp.

Another note worth mentioning since you play warrior: Gale (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gale) is unblockable and actually axtremely useful against warriors. But in general the burst is rather predictable - play it a little and you will see it's flaws. Warrior really has a kind of hard time though because of all the instant casts while kiting. :wink:

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Here is a sample of the build, you can manage stuff to suit your needs, but this would give you an idea:

Another note worth mentioning since you play warrior: Gale (
) is unblockable and actually axtremely useful against warriors. But in general the burst is rather predictable - play it a little and you will see it's flaws. Warrior really has a kind of hard time though because of all the instant casts while kiting. :wink:

Haha maybe it's something I learn then avoid if I am on warrior. It's nice to see an ele wrecking people. There are so few eles. And usually they run bunker.

@TorQ.7041 said:

) is unblockable and actually axtremely useful against warriors. But in general the burst is rather predictable - play it a little and you will see it's flaws. Warrior really has a kind of hard time though because of all the instant casts while kiting. :wink:

Haha maybe it's something I learn then avoid if I am on warrior. It's nice to see an ele wrecking people. There are so few eles. And usually they run bunker.

Honestly, though, I do not like FA weaver.^^

I loved core FA, you had to play around stunbreaks, bait dodges and stab until you could set up your burst... but all this is not as important anymore. With FA weaver you also sneak up to someone and just try to unload shit before he realises you're FA. The main challenge is key-binding air attunement to literally everything on your keyboard - yes, I am overexaggerating, but just a little. :tongue:

Give it a try though, it still works as a noob filter, even though you will have a hard time against proper mesmers, revs and thieves. Hope you like it and get a feeling for ele!

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Honestly, though, I do not like FA weaver.^^

I loved core FA, you had to play around stunbreaks, bait dodges and stab until you could set up your burst... but all this is not as important anymore. With FA weaver you also sneak up to someone and just try to unload kitten before he realises you're FA. The main challenge is key-binding air attunement to literally everything on your keyboard - yes, I am overexaggerating, but just a little. :tongue:

Give it a try though, it still works as a noob filter, even though you will have a hard time against proper mesmers, revs and thieves. Hope you like it and get a feeling for ele!

Haha I love just try for unranked then. I am in plat 1. I get wrecked enough on my main. Don't want to get stomped.

Archived