Can't afford to list "Permanent Bank Access"

Finally had some luck! I almost fainted when I opened the chest and it was there. Unfortunately, I do not have the 200 + gold to list this item. I looked up if there was a trade chat available and wiki says there is but the information must be outdated because I am unable to access a trade channel in game. Googled the question and came up with a GW Trade Chat but it is not ANET and there is no direction on how to post (not sure if I should anyway). Asked in game chat and the response was.. "crickets chirping". Can anyone help me?

You should buy gems and convert them into the 200 gold you need to sell the item. Or play the game to earn 200 gold and then sell the item.

GW2 doesn't have a trade channel. And just so you are aware... Anyone bypassing the trading post (player to player trading), to sell or buy items, is taking a risk, and Anet will NOT provide a refund if you get scammed. Just saying.

GL!

If you know people playing the game already, you might find someone willing to lend you 200 gold to make the listing, which you can return after the sale is completed.

The best alternatives I think are:

• Use it. Along with a shared inventory slot, it's one of the best quality-of-life improvements I have seen in the game.
  • Earn the 200 gold in game, keeping the item in your bank until then.

You can use the grey market to trade or buy gems to convert to gold; those are fine, too, although I don't recommend either.

Anet decided not to include a trade channel or direct trading in GW2 because it was vulnerable to so many scams. GW1 has a 'secure' trade system - both players open a window, you drop in your items and gold, they drop in theirs, both parties have to confirm it's what they expected before the trade goes through and if they change their offer at any point you're notified, but even then it was subject to all kinds of scams.

As for selling your permanent bank access I recommend going through your material storage, it's surprising how much accumulates in there. You don't have to sell everything, I set myself minimums for each type of material (for example 50 of each cooking material) and then sell anything over that. Each material might not sell for much but it adds up quickly.

You could also head to one of the popular farming maps like Auric Basin, Istan or Silverwastes to get some extra gold that way.

Also fortunately this isn't an item where the price is likely to change rapidly. I know it kills the excitement a bit when you've got something really valuable and then have to wait for it to sell, but there's no harm in waiting until you've got enough gold to sell it.

IMO borrowing the gold from a guildmate is the best option - you can return it right away, and you don't have to invest in gems you weren't planning to buy. Of course, you may not have guildies who want to loan you that much, but it's worth a shot if you know them well.

Agree with everyone else: don't use a trade channel because you might get scammed. Buy gems directly from ANet and convert them to gold or buy Gem Cards at a store like Best Buy. See if you can sell some inventory; you may be sitting on something valuable and not realize it (250 ghost peppers, anyone?). Good luck and congrats on the great drop!

It might be worth having a look at your material storage too, if you've been depositing and not really crafting much then you'll find you might have quite a bit stored there that could be worth a reasonable chunk of the gold you need for the listing fee.

I'd personally avoid any grey area trading elements due to potential risk.

@Irensaga.6935 said:You might try selling off all the loot in your inventory. I did that with my inventory recently - just the stuff I wasn't saving for other things - and it netted me 160 gold just selling all the stacks.

In addition, you could liquidate your laurels by buying crafting bags with them and selling the mats. Pretty easy to get 200g as such.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Irensaga.6935 said:You might try selling off all the loot in your inventory. I did that with my inventory recently - just the stuff I wasn't saving for other things - and it netted me 160 gold just selling all the stacks.

In addition, you could liquidate your laurels by buying crafting bags with them and selling the mats. Pretty easy to get 200g as such.

DO NOT get rid of laurels unless you're sure you won't want them. For me they are one of the currencies I need most and are in short supply.

@Linken.6345 said:1253 laurels here what do you use em for @Biff.5312

To get gold from them - buy Material Bags, open and sell the materials from them. Usually t4 ("Medium Crafting Bag") is worth the most. You'll average a profit of around 60s per laurel that way.

Laurels can also be used to buy ascended trinkets, so don't spend them all untill you've look through the vendors to make sure there's nothing else you want! Laurels are strictly timegated as they almost exclusively come from login rewards.

@Linken.6345 said:1253 laurels here what do you use em for @Biff.5312

Wow. Well, I use them mostly for infusions/enrichments. Also occasionally to buy trinkets with, although that's super-expensive and I only do it when I lack patience to berry-farm. I have a lot of toons, so filling all the slots isn't a quick process. I wasted a lot of laurels before I knew they were useful (even on things like dyes - !), so it's been a bit of an uphill battle. I don't really NEED the stuff I buy with them, but I want it.

@Danikat.8537 said:Anet decided not to include a trade channel or direct trading in GW2 because it was vulnerable to so many scams. GW1 has a 'secure' trade system - both players open a window, you drop in your items and gold, they drop in theirs, both parties have to confirm it's what they expected before the trade goes through and if they change their offer at any point you're notified, but even then it was subject to all kinds of scams.

yeah, pretty much all MMOs have this

not only people still get scammed, but people also managed to do item duping like what happened to many other games, which can cause a lot of pain for Anet to clean up

Archived