Scourge doesn't need nerfing.

Tom.8976

The real problem with scourge isn't it's damage or corruption or even its full point coverage, it's a lack of a telegraph on any of the sand shade skills.

The most frustrating thing about fighting anything is not seeing where the damage is coming from scourge just needs more telegraphs on their sand shade skills so that people can actually avoid and see what's happening, i think this would quell alot of peoples frustrations.

Of course people are just gonna say the shade is huge and you can clearly see it just don't stand in it, but when it covers the entire point, that's not always possible (fight off point hur dur), base necro and reaper have clear telegraphs on their shroud skills, sand shade should to.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION THO IDK GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Scourge and Spellbreaker need some re-tuning. Scourge a little bit more than Spellbreaker, but both are pretty strong. With Spellbreaker, Full Counter is a little hard to dodge in a team fight. 1v1 it's balanced but in team fights where you can just run into damage and do an AoE, unblockable interrupt, is pretty strong. Rampage also is pretty ridiculous right now with the buffs from Attackers Insight and Pure Strike. It get's even more cheesy if you can get 25 stacks with Magebane Tether beforehand....You can remove boons in Rampage with Dispelling Force by just spamming your abilities on a target. I'm hitting players for 8-10 and I one shot Kat (a thief) the other day when I hit him for 13k with Rampage 3.

I'm a warrior main, but I definitely see that Spellbreaker is gonna get a rework next balance update. I would really just like to see it CORRECTLY BALANCED, instead of nerfed into oblivion like the usual stuff. Spellbreaker is such a fun spec, I hope Anet listens to some quality feedback from some experienced Warriors before they make their changes...

Back on the Scourge subject, I will definitely agree that Scourge is incredibly difficult to play against on a technical level. especially as meele (poor Revenants) because you can't dodge all of their abilities. They have SO MUCH to throw at you on low CDs. You can't dodge it all and if even one good burst gets to you, you are pretty much a goner or get CC feared and kited until things are back up. You just can't get close. Even as a Spellbreaker specing against it you have trouble getting through all the health before your Resistance runs out.

There is already animations on the scourge and the shades.

However, those F skills are still instant and some are very powerful so it is still incredibly hard to avoid. So currently the only reliable way to avoid scourge damage is to stay in distance most of the time.

Unless they bring in cast time on F2-5, then we can talk about reactionary play. But that would definitely be considered a nerf in my book.

Scourge is going to be somthing to improve the necro as a support.Hold the point alone.

in before "Ehhhhh but scourge suffers from ranged attacks... like lb ranger..."

Ketsu wrote it right. A example of bad design ( and though it was clear since the beta, still no major nerf/modifies ).

Having just played against a couple of scourges... that class is absolutely OP. It is worse than the first incarnation of DH. I does far too much damage and stacks far too many condis without any apparent effort on the part of the Scourge.. what's more it's tanky on top. This is a build that practically auto wins and that's not right in any game mode.

If Mesmer had anything like that level of tank or damage it'd be hotfix nerfed. Oh wait.. it was, before we even got to try it.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Scourge is an example of bad game design. It hard counters melee and gets hard countered by range, all the while spamming AoE abilities. More than any real nerf the entire design of scourge should be reworked so that it isn't so horribly pigeonholed.

How is it bad game design in your opinion when you say it hard counters melee but gets hard countered by ranged ? It seems to be in check here and there is a lot of los to use in spvp maps.Seems like rock paper scissors to me.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Having just played against a couple of scourges... that class is absolutely OP. It is worse than the first incarnation of DH. I does far too much damage and stacks far too many condis without any apparent effort on the part of the Scourge.. what's more it's tanky on top. This is a build that practically auto wins and that's not right in any game mode.

If Mesmer had anything like that level of tank or damage it'd be hotfix nerfed. Oh wait.. it was, before we even got to try it.

yeah like 2 torments on shatter that were removed after day 1

@Amityel.5324 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Having just played against a couple of scourges... that class is absolutely OP. It is worse than the first incarnation of DH. I does far too much damage and stacks far too many condis without any apparent effort on the part of the Scourge.. what's more it's tanky on top.
This is a build that practically auto wins and that's not right in any game mode.

yeah like 2 torments on shatter that were removed after day 1

^^^^^^ and no blocks available let's add...

I fell all the Mesmers and Guards crying... I have been there... For a long time Xp...

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Having just played against a couple of scourges... that class is absolutely OP. It is worse than the first incarnation of DH. I does far too much damage and stacks far too many condis without any apparent effort on the part of the Scourge.. what's more it's tanky on top. This is a build that practically auto wins and that's not right in any game mode.

TankyScourgePick one. They are mutually exclusive in PvP.

@bOTEB.1573 said:Let's be realistic - a scourge is far less intimidating and easy to play than a condi mesmer, as the necro won't have stealth, blocks or clones with automatic aiming.

i play both classes got 4k games on necro and 2k on mesmer.....I can say necro is by far one of the easiest class to play. However I switched because I realized devs cant balance necro its too weak or too powerful and it hops between these stances

@Amityel.5324 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:Let's be realistic - a scourge is far less intimidating and easy to play than a condi mesmer, as the necro won't have stealth, blocks or clones with automatic aiming.

i play both classes got 4k games on necro and 2k on mesmer.....I can say necro is by far one of the easiest class to play. However I switched because I realized devs cant balance necro its too weak or too powerful and it hops between these stances

We all know that you have switched because condi mesmer is way more powerful than the necro. We also know that the condi chrono is cheesy spec to play, easiest and far more dangerous than the scourge. This is why you moved to condi chrono. And to support a little more my words, I will quote you from another thread:

@Amityel.5324 said:anyway dont worry guys SB and Scourge will see nerfs that will bring them to trash tier I guess ;-)

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Amityel.5324 said:

We all know that you have switched because condi mesmer is way more powerful than the necro. We also know that the condi chrono is cheesy spec to play, easiest and far more dangerous than the scourge. This is why you moved to condi chrono. And to support a little more my words, I will quote you from another thread:

@Amityel.5324 said:anyway dont worry guys SB and Scourge will see nerfs that will bring them to trash tier I guess ;-)

I have to dissapoint you but I played power shatter mesmer before hot :) anyway I didnt play only these two classes I got 10k game in total and played every class to average skill except ele....scourge nowadays is most cheesy spec ever introduced in gw2 history. and I dont play condi chrono nowadays I play mainly mirage but enjoy your elite while it last :)

@Amityel.5324 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Amityel.5324 said:

I have to dissapoint you but I played power shatter mesmer before hot :) anyway I didnt play only these two classes I got 10k game in total and played every class to average skill except ele....scourge nowadays is most cheesy spec ever introduced in gw2 history. and I dont play condi chrono nowadays I play mainly mirage but enjoy your elite while it last :)

I play d/d core ele so this is not "my" spec. But I play against it very often and I have played it a little.

And I find scourge extremely EZ to deal with. I don't even count the scourge as enemy vs p/p thief or condi mesmer.

As I mentioned before there are other, way more powerful builds which haven't been nerfed. And until they are scourge is not going to be nerfed either, but buffed - at least the barrier.

Condi mirage is just ridiculus... Them they have 2 classes that can counter it, scourge and Spellbreaker... THat makes ppl cry, just because reaper was dog food to any chrono or Zerker, they complain it changes the balance of the game... If scourge is to be nerfed all other classes have to be nerfed same way... it doesn't make any sense...Ppl are just crying cause finally Necro has a decent spec in PvP and they don't know how to deal with it...So they want the condi bomb neerfed... let's nerf also the chrono and Mirage condi bomb, also their mobility, also their portal, let's make them just like a necro to see how much they will cry... but we had to deal with it since HoT...Same goes for DH...

^^^ why??? DPS is not so different for Weaver? Or I guess not... I still see DH and Firebrand also in the TOP, so nerfs are also coming also for them? Finally Neccro can be accepted in raids and just because of it you say it will be nerfed?

Look... I don't like Scourge mechanics either... I don't agree on how it was developed or the mechanics... but The nerfs crying is really nonsense...

The point is that necros were completely useless other than in low lvl pvp, or in low content PVE (where they performed amazing)... now they have a suitable build...If that's the case, weaver has to be nerfed, also condi mesmer, and DH, and tempest,, cause all of them performed better than necros for 7 years...

There is 0 base or any argument here

@maddoctor.2738 said:Now that Scourge appears to be the top dps in Raids, it's even more certain that they'll get damage nerfs. I mean, Anet balances based on Raids right?

To me it appears that scourge has top dps vs a golem, but not raids? There is a difference!

Also, condi weaver is 2nd, by 0.5k dps difference. Do you think we should nerf the weaver too?

Your logic is flawed.

Archived