Voiceacting Lady Kasmeer

hugeboss.5432

I decided to not rush through PoF, and let others do that. Instead, i've been exploring the wonderful places and following the storyline & characters alot closer.I instantly noticed the voiceacting of Lady Kasmeer Meade is outstanding! She really does bring the human character to life. From a sound producer'spoint of view, I bet she was a dream to have her behind the microphone. All of them are well done, but Lady Kasmeer was really shining this time. Bravo!

I agree with that.

Kasmeer is much more tolerable when Marjory isn't around and vice versa. It's like when you're friends with a couple and they have relationship troubles publically near you, or talk about their relationship constantly. I'd rather not hear it.

But for the topic at hand, her voice actress did an amazing job, yes. I actually agree with the decision to bring a smaller group throughout the story this time. Just having Rytlock, Kasmeer and Canach in the instances helped in giving their characters breathing room to grow their personalities and flesh out their relationships with each other. It didn't feel crowded.

@JayMack.8295 said:But for the topic at hand, her voice actress did an amazing job, yes. I actually agree with the decision to bring a smaller group throughout the story this time. Just having Rytlock, Kasmeer and Canach in the instances helped in giving their characters breathing room to grow their personalities and flesh out their relationships with each other. It didn't feel crowded.

I agree. I hope the LS has mostly just Rox and Braham around, we really need to flesh them out. We still know next to nothing about Rox (or her links to Ash Legion), and Braham needs an entire season to grow up as an individual.

I'm not so fond of Kasmeer, but that might be because I tend to play Human characters. She easily became the "lead" of the story whenever it came to aspects of Human religion, which might have been alright if she hadn't hogged ALL of the spotlight from the Human Commander. I mean, call me jealous, but did Kormir look at us even once during her little speech in the Library? The only time she DIDN'T address Kas was when she blamed a certain someone for his escapades in the mists!

That being said, I think Janell Cox did a great performance.

@Westenev.5289 said:I'm not so fond of Kasmeer, but that might be because I tend to play Human characters. She easily became the "lead" of the story whenever it came to aspects of Human religion, which might have been alright if she hadn't hogged ALL of the spotlight from the Human Commander.Now you understand how my asura Commander feels whenever Taimi starts explaining technology. She was still a child at the time, and my Commander was the Snaff Prize winner; I think I can understand how a discombobulator works.That said, I understand that not everyone is going to play [insert race here], so we have a supporting class to represent that viewpoint and ensure that it gets seen. It doesn't matter if it's Taimi being the tech explainer or Kasmeer being the spiritual beacon, or even Canach being the "can you hear Mordremoth?" during HoT. I'm not sure if Braham or Rox will be our token norn/charr when the story calls for them.

@Rognik.2579 said:Now you understand how my asura Commander feels whenever Taimi starts explaining technology. She was still a child at the time, and my Commander was the Snaff Prize winner; I think I can understand how a discombobulator works.That said, I understand that not everyone is going to play [insert race here], so we have a supporting class to represent that viewpoint and ensure that it gets seen. It doesn't matter if it's Taimi being the tech explainer or Kasmeer being the spiritual beacon, or even Canach being the "can you hear Mordremoth?" during HoT. I'm not sure if Braham or Rox will be our token norn/charr when the story calls for them.

Sylvari characters CAN hear Mordremoth durring HoT though, can't they? And isn't being a know-it-all intrensic to Asura culture (particularly from those who need to prove themselves)? I won't say it's perfect, but you can at least explain it.

I kind of like how they did the Balthazar fights for a Balthazar aligned human - there are definitely ways you can twist a few of the commanders words so (s)he can express different emotions, while the same events play out. Hell, if you're blessed by Balthazaar, it might even makes sense that Kormir can barely stand to look at you. But when I play a Kormir aligned character, SOME acknowledgement that I exist would go a long way.

Kas isn't the only person on the team with faith problems, only compounded after learning of Neenah’s fate after being “judged”. I mean, come on. She didn’t deserve that.

@Westenev.5289 said:Sylvari characters CAN hear Mordremoth durring HoT though, can't they? And isn't being a know-it-all intrensic to Asura culture (particularly from those who need to prove themselves)? I won't say it's perfect, but you can at least explain it.You missed the point of my comment. Canach in Heart of Thorns was there mainly to tell players what all sylvari are experiencing, even if they aren't playing a sylvari; playing a sylvari yourself just means you experience it all first-hand. Similarly, Taimi explains asura stuff for people who aren't asura, and Kasmeer is our human representative for Path of Fire, to have the crisis of faith in case your PC is not a human.

@Rognik.2579 said:

@Westenev.5289 said:Sylvari characters CAN hear Mordremoth durring HoT though, can't they? And isn't being a know-it-all intrensic to Asura culture (particularly from those who need to prove themselves)? I won't say it's perfect, but you can at least explain it.You missed the point of my comment. Canach in Heart of Thorns was there mainly to tell players what all sylvari are experiencing, even if they aren't playing a sylvari; playing a sylvari yourself just means you experience it all first-hand. Similarly, Taimi explains asura stuff for people who aren't asura, and Kasmeer is our human representative for Path of Fire, to have the crisis of faith in case your PC is not a human.

My point is, I AM playing a Human. Don’t get me wrong, I like that Kasmeer felt a lot more human in this expansion, and I like that the other members of Dragons Watch have their own motivations and thoughts. Canach and Taimi in particular have always been a delight. But in expanding these characters, the writing begins to point out the flaws in the Pact Commander – and I can only interpret that as how little our character actually cares about the world around them.

It's okay that other people get the spotlight, as the Commander isn't the only person living in the world, and by giving the choices to other characters it must simplify the narrative. I think it's also been well established by this point that all Commanders share near identical viewpoints and opinions regardless of Race, Upbringing or Gender – Regardless, It's the Commander's reaction based on these factors that makes personal story... well.. personal!

As far as the way the commander acts the same only rubbed me the wrong way in HOT in Rata Novice when cannoch made the comment "That this is clearly no place for an Asura" and here was My Asuran commander Who the Leaf puppet was taking orders from not saying a thing about the green ones comments

Archived