How does Holo matchup with Weaver?

Elrond.9486

Saw that old Cello vs Zan 1v1, made me curious about the matchup.

Starts at 0:25s

I don't play this class, just wondering what you guys that are knowledgeable think. Considering that Zan was supposedly one of the best holos, is Cello just that good or was it a bad matchup for Zan?

Yeah, I agree with Tom as an ele main also. I would put the match up against any ele (Weave/Core/Tempest) at about 80/20 for the Holo. Their burst is strong, can usually CC you through the Weavers weak stability plus they can disengage with stealth if needed to reset. I don't know much about how Zan play, but I do know most of Cello's build usually run fairly heavy with conditions to help make up for the lack of raw damage, so if the Holosmith struggles to cleanse it could put the match more in favor of the Weaver.

@Elrond.9486 said:Saw that old Cello vs Zan duel, made me curious about the matchup.

Starts at 0:25s-snip

I don't play this class, just wondering what you guys that are knowledgeable think. Considering that Zan was supposedly one of the best holos ever, is Cello that good or was it a bad matchup for Zan?

This was not a formal duel -- Zan's build, while good at dueling, isn't designed for it. His build is primarily designed for teamfights. Cello's build seems more purpose built for dueling or sidenoding.

So while holosmith generally has an edge over weaver, a duelist build is more likely to win 1v1 a teamfighter build.

This is PvP> @"Elrond.9486" said:

Saw that old Cello vs Zan 1v1, made me curious about the matchup.

Starts at 0:25s

I don't play this class, just wondering what you guys that are knowledgeable think. Considering that Zan was supposedly one of the best holos, is Cello just that good or was it a bad matchup for Zan?

A decently played sword weaver with 800+ healing base and primordial stance can outsustain holosmith DPS from pvp to wvw, easier in PvP if you try to contest the point with all the aoe stance spam of weaver...with that said holosmith is vastly superior to weaver because the latter will quickly run out of steam if doubled and has several times harder time to disengage hence no serious team use a weaver as sidenoder....easy to shutdown with easy rotations...also weaver is several times again worst than holosmith when it comes to teamfights contribution.

@Alatar.7364 said:I seem to be the only one here who thinks Weaver has a good match-up vs Holosmith.

Nope dude, me too.

I play protec. Holo, i've played for a while sd Weaver.

With holo, except if a weaver don't see me coming/is not good enough, he can outperform me after ~30-35 secs in combat, otherwise, multiple cc burst cc burst and normally he's dead.

with weaver, all i have to do, sustain sustain sutain (cause Holos are savages :D and begin all theirs fights with all the burst they have) after a while (after Forge end precisely) annnnd it's time to attack, he has 1 choice, Elexir S and run.

Just another thing, I see frequently a weaver fighting against X and handling a node, Holo can't fighting vs X without kiting around ( and losing the node)

Archived