Sandswept Isles - Nerfed drops?

@davedaverson.3751 said:Suddenly getting Karma/Volatile Magic/Loot drops from roughly 1 out of 4 enemies now, instead of every enemy now. Is this bugged or a stealth nerf?

I'm confused by your statement. Are you saying that you're only getting any loot at all from 25% of the kills? That 3 kills are dropping nothing?

That sounds very much like Diminishing Returns. The easiest way to test that is to bring a different character and see what you get. (Or ask in /map while you are there.)

ANet hardly ever touches old content and they almost always tell us when they do, so it's unlikely that they went back to Sandswept.

It was either an issue with the map, a temporary issue, or DR. Strangely - I had NEVER hit DR on that map, and I have farmed almost 500 enemies there before and was still getting 100% drops. If it was DR, it was added recently, or lowered substantially. I'll farm here a while and update this thread if I hit DR under 200 enemies again.

@davedaverson.3751 said:It was either an issue with the map, a temporary issue, or DR. Strangely - I had NEVER hit DR on that map, and I have farmed almost 500 enemies there before and was still getting 100% drops. If it was DR, it was added recently, or lowered substantially. I'll farm here a while and update this thread if I hit DR under 200 enemies again.

Appears to be some really heavy DR around 200~ kills now. This was not here prior to the loot update on Tuesday. The loot tables were updated on these mobs, and they drop more variety, and notably Pulsing Brandsparks.

Well, guess this place is a short farm once in awhile place now. Kinda disappointing.

It's not impossible that they made a change without mentioning it. Again, I'd like to see a few more reports before concluding something.

(This is not a slight on the OP, it's just there are far more unconfirmed reports of undocumented changes and very, very, very few confirmed ones. Confirmation bias is a problem for just about all of us, among other issues.)

Archived