Rune choice for holos after change - help appreciated

theCypher.9406

Hi everyone,

i've got a question about rune of strength and scholar regarding my holo-build and the content i play.

first off some informationbuild: holosmith, pdps, no-kit, sword/shield (pistol)main content: fractals (+ CMs), raidssometimes: map metas (shouldnt be a problem)gear: mostly zerker, 2 parts marauder

question: currently i am using 6 runes of strength. Since holo is able to maintain strength at a constant basis to himself, i can keep up the 5% bonus at 100% of the fighting time.in case of a bad grp or no might generation in fractals or problems/lot of movement in raids, i can keep up my damage.Now, regarding the bonus ferocity and 5% damage from scholar while above 90% health, does that make a noticable difference in dps that it is worth spending that much more gold?

Additionally i read a lot about that you only need 25% uptime of scholar to out-damage strength.That is doable with most bosses in my experience.What is your opinion on that?

Comparison (current market prices):6 strength runes: about 45-60 silver per rune = 2.5 - 4g6 scholar runes: about 6g = 36gthat is a lot

would like to have some opinions on that and maybe some dps difference on raid golem or such since i can't test it myself (no upgrade extractor contract or anything to switch runes a lot).

thank you for your help/opinion,cypher

The main Point is that Scholar gives you 225 ferocity which is a 15% higher crit damage. When you have 100% crit Chance, that 15% higher crit damage may lead to 7% damage increase by itself. This would already outdmg rune of strenght when you have full might anyway.If you have those 90% health in half of the time, you get another 2.5% damage increase -> 9.5% damage increase, so 4.5% more compared to strenght

If you don't have full might it gets hard to calculate. Just a very rough simplification of all: assume 1 stack of might is approx. 0.8% more damage, then you would Need a "Bonus" of at least 6 stacks might due to strenght compared without strenght. So you would Need two conditions fulfilled:

• having less or equal than 19 stacks of might in your Group without strength MOST of the time
  • being able to gain 6 additional stacks with strength

If those conditions are not met, then Scholar is superor.

Please be Aware that this is a VERY ROUGH calculation!

Addition:The damage difference is not that big. It gets bigger with better Groups and it gets important only for top Tier Content.

I wouldn't even take the +5% damage above 90% health into the equation unless you have a stable group, which has a good healer, and you don't pug often.Scholar is still the best DPS option. Runes of the Ogre come close, and they are the budget variant. Strength runes are a lot better in a solo environment.

Archived