How to upgrade my PC to get more fps ?

Hello, anyone have some tips how to upgrade my Pc ? At the moment i only can play Gw2 with 30 fps but i want 60 or more. I am playing with 3840 x 2160 resolution.

PC details:

graphic: AMD Radeon R9 370X

cpu: Intel Core i5-6600K, 3.50Ghz, 4 Cores

ram: 16 GB

@Enpece.5268 4K resolution is a big killer. When I switched from 1080p to 4K, my fps dropped by half.

That said, my box is stronger than yours, because I can get 60 fps on the highest presets if there aren't too many players around:

• i7-7820X (3.6GHz, 8 cores with hyperthreads, Skylake-X)
  • MSI X299 Raider motherboard
  • 64GB DDR4 (2133 MHz)
  • NVIDIA 1080 at stock frequencies.

As said above, stable 60 fps in 4k is probably asking too much for this game due to engine limitations. This game's performance is mostly cpu-bound but even if you upgrade yours the engine has no way of utilizing its power fully. That said, if you insist on 4K the obvious bottleneck would be your gpu. I would recommend RTX 2060 (6gb) as a relatively affordable 4k option, although I still don't think you will stay at 60 fps in big metas or WvW zerg battles.

Obviously, get a better CPU and with that your GPU will become bottleneck therefore also get a better GPU. Of course, you need get new ram with change of CPU.

If money is an issue, you can wait for july for zen 2+, to see if it will shake up CPU market. Of course, by then the MB and RAM price might go up due to surge of demands. For GPU market, there is news of oversupply so maybe you can look for new GPU first.

I dont think it is possible, the game optimisation is super bad and you would need a top spec to play this game in 4k at over 60 fps.The thing this game struggle with the most is to utilise more than 2 CPU cores, it will simply limit the fps if one thread is at 100%, so even with most expensive CPU out there this game will struggle to keep 60 fps in towns or wvw.

4k is not needed. super sample in this game is beautiful enough (for me) and yes i don’t know better. i am a player who want best possible graphics for my wallet. and sound. but old tvs are ugly to watch because i know 1080p. (HD) but i don’t want to think the same about 1080p as the old tvs if i am used to 4k.

i am very sorry that i am off topic. :open_mouth:

i thought for 4k you at least need a gtx 1080TIdon’t know how amd is for 4k.

I recently buy a new pc. i7-9700 with rtx 2070. It was upgrade from i5-4590 and r9 280x. Resolution 1920*1080.Before upgrade i have 25-30 fps in divinity reach and wvw zerg with ultra settings and characters models and limits set to Low. Now i have 50-60 fps with characters models and limits set to medium. In uncrowded location fps around 120. I doubt that any cpu can handle gw2 at 60 fps with 4k resolution. Maybe with i9-9900 and rtx 2080ti you can get stable 60 fps in Full HD in any situation, but not in 4k))

I have 9900k and a 2080ti , and I still get dips below 60 fps in crowded areas . Intel for cpu , game really need faster per core performance versus core count. 4k is too much , I even dropped from triple monitors to an ultrawide just to save a few pixels . Game engine is needing an update bad . Also , stay away from SLI , lots of visible stutter at random times . Run a solid 1440p monitor with great color and the game will look awesome tho .

My fps is usually around 90 or so @ 1920? I think Maybe not. I'm not sure that i've ever checked. Anyway My fps drops to about 10 when 120 people are on my screen. But my fps is usually not the problem it is that I cannot push any buttons and have them work when there are that many players on the screen. There is a horrible skill-lag which usually results in me dying from conditions that I cannot remove with a skill because I cannot use a skill while conditions are draining my health.

Not sure what ur using ur game for though so it might be a different situation

Archived