Griffon Mount requirements. No sir, I don't like them.

Honestly - I HATE the requirements to acquire the griffon mount. I don't want to do them, and frankly - I won't, EVER do them. However, I would like the advantages of a griffon mount, and would be happy to pay real money to get them. Please offer the griffon mount on the real money transaction store for whatever you feel is an appropriate price. I am certain that many people would appreciate it. Let me reiterate - I will NEVER..... NEVER do the current requirements for the griffon mount.

NEVER. It actually makes me angry.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Spamwagon.1972 said:Honestly - I HATE the requirements to acquire the griffon mount. I don't want to do them, and frankly - I won't, EVER do them. However, I would like the advantages of a griffon mount, and would be happy to pay real money to get them. Please offer the griffon mount on the real money transaction store for whatever you feel is an appropriate price. I am certain that many people would appreciate it. Let me reiterate - I will NEVER..... NEVER do the current requirements for the griffon mount.

O-o-o-o-kay, but why? Explain. Please.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:I will NEVER..... NEVER do the current requirements for the griffon mount.If you are not willing to meet the requirements to have the mount then you must not want it bad enough.... yet.

It may seem a lot to do at first and it takes a little bit of your time and there is a gold sink that can seem steep but if you do it little by little it is not that bad. Dulfy has a nice guide. I think it took my friend 4 hours to get it. He did have the maps open and the gold beforehand.

Given how many people have put in the effort for the content and largely without complaint, the chances of such a thing appearing as an unlock on the gemstore seems like zero, so really you are just creating a problem for yourself rather than something Anet needs to overcome.

Well you simply don't want it bad enough.....You know what you are asking for won't happen, seriously. Stop making this so much harder on yourself, and just put aside a weekend to do the work like everyone else. A new shiny is far more rewarding when you endured the pain of earning it instead of throwing money at it, and this game already has a problem of simply throwing real money at everything to obtain it instantly, making the game a less rewarding experience as a whole.

"There are mainly two types of people in this world: Those that go get what they want, and those that don't".If you want that griffon, you will have it by Monday. Period.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:Honestly - I HATE the requirements to acquire the griffon mount. I don't want to do them, and frankly - I won't, EVER do them. However, I would like the advantages of a griffon mount, and would be happy to pay real money to get them. Please offer the griffon mount on the real money transaction store for whatever you feel is an appropriate price. I am certain that many people would appreciate it. Let me reiterate - I will NEVER..... NEVER do the current requirements for the griffon mount.

What you are suggesting is a pay-to-win mechanic which is against the core philosophy of Guild Wars 2. I'm not asking for raid rewards without having to do the raid. If you want a griffon, play the required content. If you really want to pay real money for it, buy gems and exchange them for gold to use for the different items required.

No. This would just create a precedent for players to request for, and expect, the ability to buy whatever progression in the game that they so desire.

I didn't like the cost in gold for the griffin mount. It was excessive and burdensome for a lot of players. I don't mind doing the activities. I did them. Mounts in other games are like cash items. People buy them or buy a loot box in hopes of getting them and then they get them and then what? Mounts in this game are fully obtainable by playing the game in the appropriate maps. Gameplay being the operative principle here, more than cash. Though the griffin does have a cash component to it I'm very sorry to say. That's a downer for sure.

The mount isn't even necessary for much and doesn't provide any real advantage that the other mounts aren't capable of doing. Most of the time the Springer or a glider can accomplish the same thing. The collections are not that bad and if you aren't willing to do them then you don't deserve to have the mount.

@Ototo.3214 said:The mount isn't even necessary for much and doesn't provide any real advantage that the other mounts aren't capable of doing. Most of the time the Springer or a glider can accomplish the same thing. The collections are not that bad and if you aren't willing to do them then you don't deserve to have the mount.

This. It is an optional thing and not required to advance the story. As such, if a player would like this optional content/mount, there is a clear path to obtaining it.

I dunno how PoF events scale (since I rarely return), but I imagine many of us got our griffon back when PoF was relitively new and fresh. Depending on the hours you play, I could imagine the player being unable to do certain meta events on a limited time frame (the one with the sunspear and the girlfriend in zombie prison in elon riverlands comes to mind).

That being said, I think it's something the OP should slowly work towards. MMO's are, after all, timesinks. Maybe you'll be lucky if you post an lfg or call out in map chat a few times.

@Westenev.5289 said:I dunno how PoF events scale (since I rarely return), but I imagine many of us got our griffon back when PoF was relitively new and fresh. Depending on the hours you play, I could imagine the player being unable to do certain meta events on a limited time frame (the one with the sunspear and the girlfriend in zombie prison in elon riverlands comes to mind).

That being said, I think it's something the OP should slowly work towards. MMO's are, after all, timesinks. Maybe you'll be lucky if you post an lfg or call out in map chat a few times.

I recently did the griffon on 2 off accounts. Going in I thought the group events would be a problem. They where not. I didn't do it in hours but over a couple of weeks since I was not in a rush.

@"MMOStein.3872" said:A new shiny is far more rewarding when you endured the pain of earning it instead of throwing money at it, and this game already has a problem of simply throwing real money at everything to obtain it instantly, making the game a less rewarding experience as a whole.There is nothing wrong with putting some work in for a "shiny" - until it's engaging, interesting process. But if it's about simply running around, collecting some trash just for the sake of putting a boring time sink between you and objective, it's simply a chore, and chore is simply a bad game design. There is nothing wrong in bypassing such thing by throwing money at it.

If you dislike something it is usually best to explain why you dislike it.It helps the devs better understand the consumers better if the consumers give better input.At least you offered a solution, a bad one, but you tried.

4/10

@Westenev.5289 said:I dunno how PoF events scale (since I rarely return), but I imagine many of us got our griffon back when PoF was relitively new and fresh. Depending on the hours you play, I could imagine the player being unable to do certain meta events on a limited time frame (the one with the sunspear and the girlfriend in zombie prison in elon riverlands comes to mind).

While I can see the point here with the maps being a bit dead, I feel like if that's the issue then that's really what needs to be fixed. But yeah, it's something that should be earned.

I also know of a commander that I think runs through the stuff for the collection to help people complete it on the first Monday of each month, and I believe they said they would be running it some time on April 1st. (And I'm pretty sure that's not an april fools joke ;) ) I wanna say they do it around 9-10pm EST, but I'm not entirely sure.So if that's the issue, OP, I'd keep a lookout for that come Monday.

@Electra.7530 said:I didn't like the cost in gold for the griffin mount. It was excessive and burdensome for a lot of players. I don't mind doing the activities. I did them. Mounts in other games are like cash items. People buy them or buy a loot box in hopes of getting them and then they get them and then what? Mounts in this game are fully obtainable by playing the game in the appropriate maps. Gameplay being the operative principle here, more than cash. Though the griffin does have a cash component to it I'm very sorry to say. That's a downer for sure.

I assume the OP doesn't mind the gold cost, since their alternative solution is to pay for the griffon. If gold is the problem then the solution is simple: buy gems and convert them to gold.

A lot of people did exactly that when PoF was released, it's one of the few times the price of gems went down noticeably in a short space of time.

I was in your boat when it came to the new legendaries. I just wanted to purchase it off of the Trade post like all the other legendary weapons. I didn't want to have to do the stupid collections and events to get it. Yet i really wanted the legendary so I put forth the effort. I honestly found that it wasn't that bad and at times enjoyable. I also like the legendary i made more than the one i bought off the tp. Just my worthless 2 cents on the subject.