Wedding cake suggestions

Hello all!Me and my girlfriend met years ago while playing in the same guild, and we're getting married this year! :DWe were thinking about referencing the game somehow on the cake, but since we're saving money to move to Canada 2020, we cant spend a lot, and the cake shouldn't have much intricate details.I thought about simulating the architecture of our races on the frosting (she's a charr and i'm an asura), or doing something related to fractals, since we spent most of our time together 2-manning them. But we're afraid these ideas would be too complex and too expensive to look good on a cake, so she suggested we could get ideas from the rest of the community, maybe some of you have thought about it before heheh.What do you guys think?Thank you for any idea you can come up with!

Thats hard to recommend since we have no idea what you have around you or the skill of the person doing the cake.I would definitely not let an begginner draw something as complex as a videogame character. At least not if you intention is to give your friends a good laugh.

You could try checking for some cake printing service. I believe its some sort of edible picture you can place in the cake.GW2 has some really beautifull images as loading screens and wallpapers, so you can really work on something more direct or subtle regards to GW2. (I personally would aim for the subtle, as my family doesn't enjoy my gaming habits).

Oh and of course, a good cake top. If you find anyone skilled at doing it.Taking the different in sizes, the charr could be sitting and the asura lecturing it on the side?Two Quaggans are always a choice, there is a blue and pink quaggan already for image reference.

If you mix those two you can have some pretty basic and simple ideas. You could make every level of the cake a fractal image with both characters at the top?

If you can invest on 3D props, the fractals loading screen is an good idea on itself. With 3D printer nowadays you can pretty much reproduce the image in the cake, with some creativity.

@"Tesche.5423" said:Me and my girlfriend met years ago while playing in the same guild, and we're getting married this year! :DCongratulations!

Mayo Chef invented some recipes to mimic special ones in the game, including

• Bloodstone Bearclaws
  • Winterberry Sorbet
  • Mushroom Yakkington

There are cocktail recipes inspired by the HoT specializations. "The Mesmer" looks amazing (I'm told it goes down smooth, too, so make sure you have designated drivers standing by). (Some other recipes in the original reddit thread, too.)

! X8UNvX3.jpg! FzA8zSp.jpg

Terrible Creations (formerly on Tumblr) has recipes for Dragons Revelry Starcake, among many, many other GW2 related recipes.

! cJRJdLJ.jpg! QkadYSk.jpg! asTeFjv.jpg! iVvbhfv.jpg

Three more suggestions:

• Considering posting this on Reddit. Lots of chefs out there and I'm sure some would be able to point to other websites.
  • Consider contacting MayoChef and TerribleCreations; they might be willing to help out with specific suggestions for how to find people local to you who can help bring something from in game to life as food.
  • And finally, there's quite a lot of in-game food that mimics RL food already, so with some modest changes, any caterer (even your cousin Bernice) might be able to make turn beef jerky into dolyak jerky, Bowl of Poultry Satay is already covered, Red Lentil Saobosa is a Sabosa in RL, etc

Do you have a particular person in mind to make the cake? If so I recommend talking to them about possible designs, maybe show them some screenshots or fan art of things you really like and then discuss with them what would be possible and practical to do. And if you don't have a specific person yet it's something you could ask about when deciding who to hire.

There are some practical considerations, particularly the type of icing. For sculpted shapes you ideally need fondant icing, or for fine details royal icing but I know some people really don't like the taste (or texture) of either. Food colouring can affect the taste too (my sister once had an almost entirely black cake and while it looked amazing it was hard to eat because the icing tasted...weird). But I think it should be entirely possible to do a GW2 themed cake. Anything from one with asuran and/or charr style architectural patterns around it to icing figures. Maybe you could do a 'his and hers' style cake with charr themed stuff on one side and asuran on the other.

I'm not sure what it might cost however. I've been really lucky in that respect, my mum makes cakes as a hobby and over the years she's done some amazing ones for me. For my 18th birthday she did one shaped like a dragon which was beautiful - edible glitter on some of the scales too, and of course she made my wedding cake. I know it takes hours to make an elaborate cake and it often has to be done over several days, but I have no idea what someone might charge for that. Maybe come up with a few different ideas and ask for price estimates for each one from different bakers.

@"SoulSin.5682" said:You could try checking for some cake printing service.

That's actually a really good idea for a background, she likes geometric shapes and patterns, that's why i thought about the asuran architecture. Maybe we could do something mixing the printing and shapes together, that doesn't sound too expensive... i think.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Tesche.5423 said:Me and my girlfriend met years ago while playing in the same guild, and we're getting married this year! :DCongratulations!

Thanks!

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Mayo Chef invented some recipes to mimic special ones in the game, including

• Bloodstone Bearclaws
  • Winterberry Sorbet
  • Mushroom Yakkington

We do like to cook, so maybe we could try adding some of those recipes to the wedding, though we shouldn't try to overdo the guild wars theme hahah. Thank you for the idea. :)

@"HellishOlolo.8359" said:I woud try as a cake decoration some sugar syrup shapes as ley-lines, just a thought. Something like that

Not an advertising, just a random video. Also, just gather some ideas like that and try to talk to some actual bakers about all of it.

We were thinking about making lollipops for the wedding too, maybe we could have the ley-line pattern as a subtle easter egg.

Also, we don't have anyone in mind to make it for us, that's another reason for us to not want something too detailed, as it would be much harder to find someone capable of doing it.

Archived