So when will anet compensate us for better servers due to warclaw addition?

Arctisavange.7261

The addition of warclaws has made the skill lag go fairly insane during blob fights. It used to happen mainly in 3 way fights (3 blobs fighting eachother) but now it has become very common even during when just 2 blobs are fighting eachother.Whoever gets the skill lagg and how many are affected is completely RNG- meaning you may have 70% of the 1st blob not have skill lagg but in the 2nd blob only 40% does not have skill lagg (numbers are just a random example).

Did the geniuses who implanted warclaw even take into consideration on how bad the servers are?

@Arctisavange.7261 said:The addition of warclaws has made the skill lag go fairly insane during blob fights. It used to happen mainly in 3 way fights (3 blobs fighting eachother) but now it has become very common even during when just 2 blobs are fighting eachother.Whoever gets the skill lagg and how many are affected is completely RNG- meaning you may have 70% of the 1st blob not have skill lagg but in the 2nd blob only 40% does not have skill lagg (numbers are just a random example).

Did the geniuses who implanted warclaw even take into consideration on how bad the servers are?

Well, considering you don't pay for anything, I would say you will never be 'compensated' because of mounts introduction. Not even sure it's due to mounts to be honest. Seems like another mount hate thread ...

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:I'd say once they finally curb all the AoE Red Carpets of Death and constant Boon and Heal Spam then Servers won't have such a hard strain to try to keep up with everything going on. Mounts did not cause all the strain in performance, let's be real.

But after the mount patch skill lag has increased to the point where you have skill lag in 2-way blob fights. This was not problem before mount patch

The problem isn't so much the server as it is the game engine. GW2 is built on a heavily modified DX9 original Guild Wars engine, and it's just not optimised at all for the numbers of players and effects. So don't hold your breath waiting for any improvements to performance.

Maybe City State will license the CU engine to Anet a year or two after CU launches, and GW3 can be built on something less awful :trollface: .

@Optimator.3589 said:The problem isn't so much the server as it is the game engine. GW2 is built on a heavily modified DX9 original Guild Wars engine, and it's just not optimised at all for the numbers of players and effects. So don't hold your breath waiting for any improvements to performance.

Maybe City State will license the CU engine to Anet a year or two after CU launches, and GW3 can be built on something less awful :trollface: .

Now days, you can just feel it when a mount zerg is coming.I saw something about a dx12 add-on in the forum, not sure if using it is bannable using it but does it make any difference if anyone's tried it?

@Optimator.3589 said:So don't hold your breath waiting for any improvements to performance.

Actually, ANet's engineers have been consistently improving the game's ability to deal with effects.The problem is... they also keep increasing map population caps (in PvE more than WvW), effects, density of effects, and number of mapwide effects. As a result, the gain is mostly in things looking better, rather than performing well when 72 legendaries suddenly approach as part of the zerg assaulting your keep.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:The problem isn't so much the server as it is the game engine. GW2 is built on a heavily modified DX9 original Guild Wars engine, and it's just not optimised at all for the numbers of players and effects. So don't hold your breath waiting for any improvements to performance.

Now days, you can just feel it when a mount zerg is coming.I saw something about a dx12 add-on in the forum, not sure if using it is bannable using it but does it make any difference if anyone's tried it?

It's all over reddit and a lot of people are using it. It's improving the minimum fps you get, but the max fps is relatively the same. Basically reducing the fps spikes and making performance more stable. D912pxy is the name of addon.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:The addition of warclaws has made the skill lag go fairly insane during blob fights. It used to happen mainly in 3 way fights (3 blobs fighting eachother) but now it has become very common even during when just 2 blobs are fighting eachother.Whoever gets the skill lagg and how many are affected is completely RNG- meaning you may have 70% of the 1st blob not have skill lagg but in the 2nd blob only 40% does not have skill lagg (numbers are just a random example).

This has nothing to do with the warclaw. The delay is caused by the AoE cap, that the warclaw can't add to it should be obvious (hint it's because you're not doing any damage, using any skills, doing any healing or really doing anything but movement while on the warclaw)

@"lodjur.1284" said:

This has nothing to do with the warclaw. The delay is caused by the AoE cap, that the warclaw can't add to it should be obvious (hint it's because you're not doing any damage, using any skills, doing any healing or really doing anything but movement while on the warclaw)

Warclaw "helps" this issue because of the lower times to engage, thus causing the frequency of lag spikes to peak.

Or, at least, that's how I figure out mounts could be related.

I feel like ANet really should lower WvW map limits until they can improve performance for the current loads.

@Captain Dark One.8690 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:When you start paying a monthly subscription.

Introducing a sub would be the death of this game. Even PvE players would leave.

Yes it would, and not my suggestion to do.But asking for compensation of upgrading servers that's just buy to play? yeah ok good luck with that, I highly doubt the kitty generated that much money for them, there's a reason they recently had to release a lot of developers from their team.

@"Arctisavange.7261" said:The addition of warclaws has made the skill lag go fairly insane during blob fights. It used to happen mainly in 3 way fights (3 blobs fighting eachother) but now it has become very common even during when just 2 blobs are fighting eachother.Whoever gets the skill lagg and how many are affected is completely RNG- meaning you may have 70% of the 1st blob not have skill lagg but in the 2nd blob only 40% does not have skill lagg (numbers are just a random example).

I was tempted to answer "never" to your question. But I realized the truth: ANet will not improve the quality of the servers. In exchange they make efforts to lower the player population on the servers. In this way they will obtain a balance at one moment, without investing something in the servers.

Warclaw was the first step. Canceling the influence of the MF when opening the UN Id was the second. I think a good third step for lowering the number of players may be the deletion of any reward for WvW outside the reward track. Keeping the reward tracks is OK - this may be needed as a ..... next step in the case the players are too stubborn.

Archived