SAB 2019 [Feedback & bugs]

hugo.4705

Overall I'm very pleased with the additions, and I want to engage some points where it makes me think:

• -Firstly, concerning the additions, I found the coin races a very interesting concept, thanks for adding them.
  • -The new daily merchant is a good idea, and the cost are reasonable apart maybe for the currency voucher. I haven't seen any other reward than Mystic coin, transmut charge and voucher.
  • -Gourdon mini is great but too bad no tonics could have been great. Thanks a lot for the decos.
  • -The costs in bauble bubble of weapons are more than expensive. It would have been great to make them a little more affordable: Like for the classic super blue skin, 4 bubbles for 1.But after, It can become 8 bubbles for 1 for the next set and 16 bubbles for 1 for the other colors. 256 for bagpack is abused too. Zones coins required to craft the corresponding weapons should be guaranteed in normal and eventually 2 in tribulation considering the pain.
  • -The quests for the new upgrades are amazing, whereas I find mega-bomb archi-helpful, the boomerang should be fixed: more like in zelda ph: gather baubles that meet its trajectory, stun enemies / disables crocodiles etc... in 100% cases. I feel like my whip is more helpful whereas it's an upgrade.

Now about the issues/ concerns related to environments:2tilLJJ.jpg

• -In World 2- Zone 2 (Pain cliffs), we have a dojo with that strange stone pane, it has a symbol like the pushing glove and I suspect it's an upgrade we get in w3/4, because even in tribulation, the upgrade isn't available. Maybe it allows you to slip under the pane. We can also see at the end of the room a mysterious item, (genie bottle?) welp very intriguing.

• -About now, tribulation mode, I would report a collision issue, kinda present in every zone, when you need to perform a precise jump, in most case it's required to jump literally from the edge/ void of your last platform BUT if you do that, you don't jump at the exact same height of the platform making you fail: If you jump from the very edge, you lose let's say if reported in real life, 10 centimeters. But those counts in tribulation. (Seen at the end of w1z1 when you need to jump over the large pit, or w2z2 at the beginning to bypass the hill and reach the tree)

• -Again about tribulation, I require for World 2 Area 3 storm cliffs to remove spikes present on the checkpoint near the tribulation cloud. Why?Because the checkpoint can be triggered, if you die after, you will re-spawn infinitely stuck on it, dying again and again and again without solutions:(here was immunized because tribulation cloud hit me before)

0TR4Hlr.jpg

• -Sometimes, traps triggers even if you aren't on them. (Note that I've done tribulation, with only loosing 20 lives for the whole 2 worlds, I don't say that due to raging, I like challenges)

• -Fix jumping octagonal rock in world 1 zone 2 tribulation, at the beginning with the floor is lava, it is preceding by 2 small square rocks, sometimes when you are on the second rock, it jumps, sometime not. I would remove it or fix the triggering (more time to trigger as example, not everyone can perform jump dodge...) done it by jumping forward, rotating camera 360°, jump backward then two times forward when the rock is recharging.

• -Another bug involved in quest mega bomb: At a point you need to find a secret passage in world 1 zone 3, leading to a cannon, that one shooting yourself to a poisonous water maze: It's harder than tribulation seriously!!! (I can tell, done w2z3 tribulation with the total darkness, traps, etc..) Whereas sometimes I just jump in yolo mode within all the maze I get only in total 1.5 heart damages, in other cases, I lose 4 hearts in total and my speed decrease, a speed needed to escape poison water at a moment by jumping on edge, at least make something! add more small blocks for reaching that edge since we don't have health and in most case 0 speed. The maze could have been a good idea with waterlilies / crocodiles. I just want to avoid water but it's the only way so...

• -Never noticed the picnic / singing cloud in w2z2 is it new? If yes, I loved that new timed cloud jumping part based on timing!!

Voilà, just a feedback from me. About my overall feeling, player from the beginning, who has seen the first edition of SAB. After 6 years, I still enjoy it a lot even if I find the rewards hard to get, especially the bauble infusion. As many players I met in game surely veterans but dunno, of course I would have liked to see w3-4. But if those upgrade quests involved new areas not seen/ explorable before, then congratulation to the team who added them. (Poison maze and hidden cannon, frozen villager in stone cliff face, etc...)Also found an old video, w3z1 was accessible by interacting with hub w3 house, could have been re-added this year, even if it stops here.

Already finished all worlds, in infantile, normal and trib now farming baubles. Also have all upgrades.

I want to see a dev post a video of them doing W2Z3 in trib, its beyond stupid, to the point its not even fun, the others post a decent challenge but W2Z3 doesnt, its just annoying, oh you got past that difficult jump, or threw the ice field with instant death spikes, here have an invisible bird to the face and now your dead and get to do it all over again, oh and to make it extra fun, we turned the brightness down to negative 10, so you have to tweat gamma settings in order to see anything at all, /gg anet.

Im not even going to bother with W2Z3 this year, its just lazy coding the way they did it, its not fun, its not a challenge its just annoying and gets boring.

Id also like to see a dev on W2Z2, as the fish attack way faster than last year, last year i didnt have to much of a hard time on W2Z2 but this year trying to do some jumps and its just wham wham wham from the fish, and dead, just logged out,

They have tweaked SAB this year, its not the same version as last year.

Yeah zone 3 is hell, but will say more w2z2, almost half jumps fail because the game doesn't consider your character on the platform you aimed plus anoying tree leaves with 0 space to jump. The worst part would be for me the trampolines on wooden pylons where you have to avoid trapped pylons whereas the trampoline works in 1/3 of cases or don't make you jump enough high.

This is my real first year in SAB and i have finished all 6 Zons, got the new Mini, Backpack, Prinzess Mini, Meta World 1 ( working on Meta World 2 ), an Trib 1-1 run.Overall i like the SAB but i think World 2 is too much. World 1 is fast, fun, straight forward with some hidden stuff. World 2 every zone is imo to long.Zone 1 the raft slows down and is boring.Zone 2 the octopus prevents a fluid run.Zone 3 is just bad level design. "How do we get from here to there" "Lets add portals". Portals in leveldesign is like timetravel in books/movies ( hello Mrs. Rowling ).

But overall i like it. btw. got my first weapon box today. Didnt know that they can drop at the end.

@"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:This is my real first year in SAB and i have finished all 6 Zons, got the new Mini, Backpack, Prinzess Mini, Meta World 1 ( working on Meta World 2 ), an Trib 1-1 run.Overall i like the SAB but i think World 2 is too much. World 1 is fast, fun, straight forward with some hidden stuff. World 2 every zone is imo to long.Zone 1 the raft slows down and is boring.Zone 2 the octopus prevents a fluid run.Zone 3 is just bad level design. "How do we get from here to there" "Lets add portals". Portals in leveldesign is like timetravel in books/movies ( hello Mrs. Rowling ).

But overall i like it. btw. got my first weapon box today. Didnt know that they can drop at the end.

About the raft... The new upgrade that replaces the whip with a boomerang is a kind of downgrade in some point. W2Z1 is one of these imo. You can't hit the crocodiles from the rafts anymore. In othe points of the same zone, you can use the torch, but when the crocodile is too far, it's more difficult than last year.

It could have been better if w2z1-2 were shorter just like w1z1-2, for z3, I think it's the role of z3 to be long due to the boss at the end.

Sab worlds look like super mario world worlds:Hub -> plains -> forest -> rapids and mountains -> underground -> high mountains -> volcanic world

The glove icon in W2-2 the OP mentioned is simply a stronger version of the normal glove. You can see it was meant to break actual concrete walls instead of just thin wooden ones. Maybe it could also actually damage foes, too, and probably planned to be obtainable in W3... but now it's just there to serve confusion and speculation!But what is that damn bottle in that area behind the concrete glove wall for?

1. I love the boomerang for ground enemies
  2. I hate the boomerang for water enemies

It almost always goes flying overtop of the alligators/crocodiles without doing anything to them. For someone who's use to using the whip to stun them, it's a horrible pain in the ass.

Bug fixes and skill tweaks are fine, but I do want to say PLEASE never nerf SAB. There is so little in this game where success isn't 100% guaranteed every time, it's nice to be reminded of a time in gaming when the challenge was the point. So many things are made easier over time due to player complaints but SAB has been mostly left alone and I hope it continues to be in the future . . .

When doing the race Adventures within SAB levels... Occasionally upon death you are sent to the furthest checkpoint rather than the race start. If the Adventure timer is still going you can cancel it and then be asked if you want to close the adventure window and continue, or to reset. Without that window, it is at times impossible to get back to the starting point of the Adventure.

This needs to be addressed.

Dropchance from weapon boxes are really really low.I'm running currently 8-9 zones each day and i got only one box for a blue skin last monday.

the jump pads are annoying. often i do not jump and only do a small hop.

sometimes i slow down running. i don't know why and when, but often just before a jump. what often ends with a death.

Issues:

1. Boring raft phase
  2. Unclear hitbox definition
  3. Enemies sometimes can hurt you when you pass them, but not always. walking/moving is considered an attack sometimes
  4. Boring bosses, most of the time the flying helmet doesnt so anything, you can get 33%+ health of the cage before he does his laugh and fires a laser. The same is true withthe frog boss, 85% of the time you’re standing idle waiting for the damage phase. At least the storm boss keeps you moving.
  5. By the six divines, that ninja with his glove. Having to fight him every single run. He is not challenging, and nothing is happening while he’s blocking. You’re literally just stalling a fight.

Distinct bugs:

1. Jumping pads/mushrooms work inconsistently
  2. Weapons dont always respond when breaking stuff in shops

Archived